*** The Official Partick Thistle vs Rangers Match Thread ***

1 hour ago, BailliestonTB said:

Hyndman supposedly out for rest of season.

While the lad has some qualities, the last couple of weeks have shown he doesn't have the pace or presence to make it at any great level.

I'd say he wouldn't be greatly missed, but then you start thinking about who might come in, instead....

Hope he's not seriously hurt, if it's true that he's out for the duration.

59 minutes ago, HG5 said:

While the lad has some qualities, the last couple of weeks have shown he doesn't have the pace or presence to make it at any great level.

I'd say he wouldn't be greatly missed, but then you start thinking about who might come in, instead....

I'd prefer him where Miller is being played, with Miller up front.

10 hours ago, HG5 said:

Once we are back to full strength I would like to see us taking a punt on boys like that now and again. He's got bags of potential and is box to box and can finish. We probably don't have time for what if players so I wouldn't spend on him just now if we could afford it but don't think Pedro rates the kid as much anyway.

Will probably end-up in the championship next season. Will be interesting to see how he turns out because I think he could turn out a right good wee player if he gets good moves and continues to develop under a good manager 

10 hours ago, MisterBlueSky said:

I hope we scrape a win but play shite.

Don't want any of these wasters showing up and having a chance of staying on beyond this season!

Good news is Pedro has already made his list of signings and presented it to the board,so looks like his mind is already made up about who is going thank god!

40 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Once we are back to full strength I would like to see us taking a punt on boys like that now and again. He's got bags of potential and is box to box and can finish. We probably don't have time for what if players so I wouldn't spend on him just now if we could afford it but don't think Pedro rates the kid as much anyway.

Will probably end-up in the championship next season. Will be interesting to see how he turns out because I think he could turn out a right good wee player if he gets good moves and continues to develop under a good manager 

Yes, I see what you mean.

Think he could muscle-up a bit, but that often comes at the expense of pace.

I'm sure it would also help him if he had better players around him.

16 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Double edged sword ....

If the players play well tomorrow it sticks in Pedros mind when deciding who to punt

Waghorn hattrick tomorrow and we don't need a striker next season....

4 games left.....he would have to seriously improve

Scoring 50% more leagues goals in 1 game

3 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Double edged sword ....

If the players play well tomorrow it sticks in Pedros mind when deciding who to punt

Waghorn hattrick tomorrow and we don't need a striker next season....

It doesn't say much for the manager if he'd make his decisions like that.

He will know already through games and training who he thinks he can work with. A half decent game or 2 from now until the end of then season won't change his mind. If it does then he's clueless.

31 minutes ago, MasterD said:

It doesn't say much for the manager if he'd make his decisions like that.

He will know already through games and training who he thinks he can work with. A half decent game or 2 from now until the end of then season won't change his mind. If it does then he's clueless.

If Waghorn (using him as an example) scores a hattrick tomorrow and plays a blinder, can't honestly see Pedro going in on Monday and telling him he's surplus to requirements

He'll have an idea of who he wants rid of aye but he'll certainly be using these games to see some character from 1 or 2 of the players and a good performance could easily see them being here next year 

9 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Good news is Pedro has already made his list of signings and presented it to the board,so looks like his mind is already made up about who is going thank god!

"Nice list Pedro, now which one do you want? We have listed them from the cheapest onwards and you can take any out of number 1 or 2".

3 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

If Waghorn (using him as an example) scores a hattrick tomorrow and plays a blinder, can't honestly see Pedro going in on Monday and telling him he's surplus to requirements

He'll have an idea of who he wants rid of aye but he'll certainly be using these games to see some character from 1 or 2 of the players and a good performance could easily see them being here next year 

If he's got any sense then not a chance. Nothing this shite can do in the last 4 games can change the fact we are lumbered with absolute shite. 

Miller has more than done his bit and Hill gets pass marks. Foderingham can do a job but there is no way any of the other current mob deserve anything. 

3 hours ago, Swagger said:

If he's got any sense then not a chance. Nothing this shite can do in the last 4 games can change the fact we are lumbered with absolute shite. 

Miller has more than done his bit and Hill gets pass marks. Foderingham can do a job but there is no way any of the other current mob deserve anything. 

I agree

But end of the day even if he makes wholesale changes and gets rid of a dozen players and brings in 10....we're still going to have at least 10 players in the current squad who are here next season 

Miller, Hill & Foderingham are 3

Would keep both young boys, Bates/Beerman.

Tav/Wallace as backups

Rossiter (if fit)

McKay 

After that you're struggling