First Two Signings Surpass all of the Magic Hats

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

I agree with the sentiments and I think Alves and Jack will turnout to be good signings, but they still have to prove that on the pitch. We all thought Barton would've been a good singing last season and look what happened. I'll judge them after they've played a few games, but the signings do look promising.

This ?

1 hour ago, cp9 said:

Senderos wasn't given a chance 

Fucking hell mate I hope your fishing.. that game against the tims where he got sent off was his first and last chance.. think he played a game after that one as well and looked like a pub player 

10 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Fucking hell mate I hope your fishing.. that game against the tims where he got sent off was his first and last chance.. think he played a game after that one as well and looked like a pub player 

:whistle:

I'm both as excited and optimistic about these early signing's as anybody on here, I really am . At the same time they HAVE TO come here and work their arses off for this club. I don't doubt for a minute guys like Alves will give it everything , just saying out loud there can be no more bit part players at Rangers now.

We've had Too many false dawns so regardless of previous achievements they have to deliver.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Pedro is fast becoming the new favourite and his signings are .... on paper .... looking good ..... only time, aided and abetted with hindsight will prove if he along with his signings has done well.

Hindsight .... the real deal .... I wonder what next season's hindsight will reveal ..... :p:

:UK:

What position does this guy Hind Sight play? Striker who hopefully has his eye in.:dance:

1 minute ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

What position does this guy Hind Sight play? Striker who hopefully has his eye in.:dance:

:lol:

Unfortunately Wullie ..... the only Hind who did have Sight was big Roger in the 1967 ECWC final ... and his was chalked off mate.

To me this is all the proof in the world that the board clearly have more trust in Pedro than in Warburton.

They gave him, what £6m say, to add to the squad over 2 windows? We will have spent more than that on Pedro's first 3 signings alone. 

Seems like they are finally showing us the mythical war chest and the rumours of potential signings just keep coming.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

Unfortunately Wullie ..... the only Hind who did have Sight was big Roger in the 1967 ECWC final ... and his was chalked off mate.

Thats a hard one to take. Playing a centre half up front as striker against Beckenbauer because Mr Symon threw a wobbly because of Berwick Rangers. Still cannot believe he did that.

1 minute ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Thats a hard one to take. Playing a centre half up front as striker against Beckenbauer because Mr Symon threw a wobbly because of Berwick Rangers. Still cannot believe he did that.

:tu:

Totally agree mate .... and all the hindsight in the world does not make his decision any easier to take ... even after all these years ..... Big Roger did his best right enough and had it come off ..... Mr Symon would have been congratulated for his wisdom and moved into God status.

His gamble with Jimmy Millar was a genius stroke after all .... but it was not to be with Big Roger unfortunately .... :depressed:

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Jack is nothing more than a squad player, IMO.

I highly doubt this. He's better than anything we currently have in the middle of the park and was captain of an Aberdeen side that comfortably finished above us last season.

He's definitely been brought in as a first team player.

4 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

I agree with the sentiments and I think Alves and Jack will turnout to be good signings, but they still have to prove that on the pitch. We all thought Barton would've been a good singing last season and look what happened. I'll judge them after they've played a few games, but the signings do look promising.

Barton always had the potential to blow up in our faces - it's usually only a matter of time with him & he managed to get turfed out of two clubs in one season!

Good going, even for Joey!

These two look like the (start of the) solid core we should have got in last summer. 

It's fairly evident that we'll be spending more money this season than we did last, so it's not that hard to beat MW's signings.

Alves, Jack and Pena are steps in the right direction - still can't believe we've got Alves, he's the type of defender that wins you titles

There is nothing to suggest they're better signings than Warburton.  Some folk were spunking their drawers over Ally and Warburtons signings. 

Out support have short fuckin memories. Why do folk insist on jumping the gun with every new manager?

He has my support but let's very realistic here,  his signings give me hope but I won't be shouting from the rafters till he's proven himself or failed to do so

19 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

How are we able to sign players outside the transfer window time? Maybe a daft question and everyone knows answer bar me...

They can be announced but not officially registered until the window opens

So everything is agreed, just a case of registering them with the SFA.