Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th

Ryan_1

2 minutes ago, Spectre said:

The only credit I'd give him is that he didn't get disqualified, he got quite a few warnings for hitting Mayweather on the back of the head early on and I thought it was going to go south pretty quickly

If he wasn't so fucked near the end he might have, i think the ref was lenient cause his illegal punches were effectively taps on Mayweather's head and not causing damage

It was exactly what it was going to be .....a boxer well past his prime against a newbie on his debut ... macgregor made a decent effort but there was only going to be one winner ... how it grossed the money it did is rediculous but that's life .... we've got football players signing for 200mill these days ... sport has gone nuts it seems....it was worth getting up to watch it on the stream I was never paying for it that's for sure ....:lol:

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

When does mayweather train for mma and mcgregor let's him go to the 4th. 

He doesn't coz he knows he's the greatest boxer of a generation, if not all time, and isn't a deluded fanny that thinks he can beat the best in another sport. The fact Mayweather isn't daft enough to fight in the MMA doesn't impact on how easy it was for the best boxer about to beat an amateur, but that sentence alone is probably why the fight should never have happened, as fun as it was to watch.

17 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

That wank still walks away with £100 million.

New caravans for the whole family.

Calzaghe retired 49 and 0 too..Svene Ottke retired an unbeaten world champion despite being a bum. Records don't tell the whole story 

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye for short fights, MMA guys can't fight for longer than 5 rounds, and there's way less moving, ducking, diving etc in MMA, a prime boxer would avoid the major shit in MMA long enough for his stamina to kick in

I don't think a boxer would have the takedown defense needed to last in an MMA fight.  If they could learn some desent defense, then maybe.

Pretty embarrassing, but expected. 

Perfect stoppage by the ref as well. I think his mma mentality, thinking he could hook the arms and negate punishment like he did with Nate. But this is boxing, he was only going to get punched in the head more and more, causing him serious injury. 

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I don't think a boxer would have the takedown defense needed to last in an MMA fight.  If they could learn some desent defense, then maybe.

A prime boxer could probably avoid a lot more in MMA, the MMA guys are trained to take it, boxers, especially under heavyweight are trained to avoid it

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

There's a history of good boxers that think they can rock up in MMA and just dodge, weave and jab their way through a fight then get a big KO hit and I think every one of them has been quite surprised, to the extent that I think the lesson has been learned and the current generation know that's not going to happen so they don't try anymore.