Dave King - "Fans and Supporters"

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

I only manage 1 game a month nowadays.  Part time fan or part time supporter?  Messing with my mellon man!!

Ur a true blue like the rest of us n that's it. See this is what happens with pish like this it ends up splitting  the support, as if it needed any more splitting 

To the rich businessman buying a top box year in year out, to the struggling mother managing to buy her son a rangers pencil case for his birthday, money should NEVER come into how strongly a person supports the club.

Yeah the guys who contribute a lot to the club deserve praise and pat on the back once in a while, of course they do. But the supposed figurehead of the club should never be openly criticising the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of the support in this way. Because remember that the huge majority of Rangers fans don't have a season ticket, +40k fans do. Our club is supported by many more people than that. 

Just shows what his real thoughts are on the club when he decides to separate fans according to financial contribution.

Dave King isn't the future. Good or bad, he's the present. And I really hope he's got our best interests at heart. But he's just not good enough for us. We deserve better. 

I guess to him I am only a fan because I cant travel to the stadium every 2 weeks with season ticket and I guess all the money work hard to save to buy Rangers shirts in the past mean nothing too. 

At a club like us season ticket holders are the main life blood of the club but lots of us pay more than the cost of a season book because of the distance we travel. Same with taking days off work and the extra time it takes. I have a disabled cousin in Oldham who never goes to games because he hates leaving his area let alone the town but he stills spend much more than me on strips, DVDs, and other merchandise. Where does he fit into this?

Its actually bad business to talk like that as casual fans have played a big part in what has made the likes of Man Utd reach 1 million strip sales per year when they used to sell similar numbers to ourselves. King himself was going on about this when talking about our high levels of strip sales. Club should be trying to promote any source of income. I think this is actually him trying to call out fans to spend more. Silly way for a chairman to talk. Hopefully he explains his mistake here. If he thinks of some of us as some type of 2nd class lot he better keep it to his self in future or get back on a plane and don't come back.  

I've heard supporters say similar and it can be true of people who have probably never been to Ibrox but no doubt even most of these buy their kids strips and stuff or stay far away. There's plenty of bears in other parts of the UK or even further like this. You'd think the chairman would know this better than anyone and encourage more of this if the goal is to grow all our income streams. Did he not take a trip to NARSA himself? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here and call it a gaff. It had better be as I doubt you can encourage sales by slagging people. Charles Green stuff this but at least he was usually shouting for our corner. 

King really needs to button it at times .After the week we have had he should have shown some class by saying eff all. This week should have been our time to sit back and laugh at that other mob foaming at the mouth with their obsession .He has just given that lot reason to obsess some more (if thats possible) .We are better than that KIng .

4 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

He is the Rangers chairman

The statement was said either out of stupidity,  out of ignorance,  or out of spite.

Either way it's a shocking way for a Rangers chairman to behave

Can you imagine the reaction from the kingalings and the "fan chiefs" if one of the previous chairmen had said these exact words?

Even though there are some points in the interview I agree with like when it comes to guys that want the manager sacked after 1 or 2 games (just thought it was amusing cause we all know at least one). 

However crazy those folks are I don't think a guy like King should be saying some fans are more important than others because they have a season ticket or not! Some guys might work weekends and might only get to go to a couple of games a season or there might be ex-pats in other countries. It doesn't mean they don't love or support our club more than others. 

On one of the most positive weeks for the club that has brought fans together King decides to come out with some stupid comments about fans!

On 6/25/2017 at 0:10 PM, Tam Müller said:

Fair point but I couldn't give a monkeys.

He's put cash in to keep the lights on and won the battle with fatman which few would even have attempted.

Kings a million miles away from our dream chairman but he's done a lot for Rangers.

Wish he'd button it sometimes but The difference between fan and supporter speech is spot on 

The easdales and ashley put cash in to keep the lights on too, all the while dealing with that sleekit bastard fronting a boycott of the club at a time where the fans were needed badly

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The easdales and ashley put cash in to keep the lights on too, all the while dealing with that sleekit bastard fronting a boycott of the club at a time where the fans were needed badly

Aye sure and they only did it because of their love of the club.

On 6/25/2017 at 8:38 PM, SIRB_72 said:

Even though there are some points in the interview I agree with like when it comes to guys that want the manager sacked after 1 or 2 games (just thought it was amusing cause we all know at least one). 

However crazy those folks are I don't think a guy like King should be saying some fans are more important than others because they have a season ticket or not! Some guys might work weekends and might only get to go to a couple of games a season or there might be ex-pats in other countries. It doesn't mean they don't love or support our club more than others. 

On one of the most positive weeks for the club that has brought fans together King decides to come out with some stupid comments about fans!

Agree.

Yeah we all know at least one... some of them are even season ticket holders! But he doesn't really need to be engaging with that or even dragging it up. I just don't understand. I actually blame whoever is advising him on media and PR.

Critics, whingers and moaners  are always going to exist when people are passionate about the club. I mean we are all unhinged. We all fork out between 400 and 1000 quid a year on a ticket to watch grown men kick a ball around a paddock and we sign up to forums to chat with people we don't know about the team.

18 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

That's a cracking way to engage Rangers fans around the globe. Tell them they're second class because they don't have season tickets.

He's obviously studied the Manchester United business model.

th_thgoodpost.gif

Agreed. It was a stupid statement that can cause division and considering DK led the ST boycott he's got a cheek saying it.. 

Im pretty sure paying £200+ to listen to Tom Miller speak pish in the middle of the night whilst Celtic are humping us 5-1 qualifies me as a supporter. Maybe not a staunch supporter but a supporter nonetheless. 

If he has apologised .That sums this cunt up

Just when I though he was growing some balls .He gets a bit of pressure from the beggar loving media ,cleverly using ex bears that take their pound .And caves in 

This man is NOT what we need going forward