• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

Niko, Dorrans, Pena, Jack, Rossiter, Dalcio, Candeias, Holt, (Walker) 

We are going to have trouble fitting everyone in.

Niko, Dalcio, Holt GTF. Add Mclean, another winger and then we have decent balanced options for midfield imo

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Niko, Dorrans, Pena, Jack, Rossiter, Dalcio, Candeias, Holt, Windass,  (Walker) 

Rossiter, Jack, Kranjcar & Candeias should find themselves on the bench more often than not.

Dalcio should play about 6 games all season.

Holt & Windass should be offski ASAP.

As hard as this week has been after posiitves, that result other night has ruined my week, positive step today and welcome dorrans to the fold, lot of pressure going to be on him, as low as morale is we need to get back to the high height we had previous to tuesday!. Hoping this is a proper kick up the arse needed right away rather than september and dropping points.

Hopefully a bit of dig and better quality than some who have played, not getting too hyped up though. 

I still think we could sign all the midfielders we want and get no where without some proper goal scorers .

9 hours ago, RDFM said:

Rossiter, Jack, Kranjcar & Candeias should find themselves on the bench more often than not.

Dalcio should play about 6 games all season.

Holt & Windass should be offski ASAP.

Rossiter and Jack on the bench? Who plays defensive mid then? 

Still need two first pick full backs and two out and out wingers for both flanks and a proven goal scorer but I won't hold my breath.hopefully we start to get rid of the dross that is surplus to requirements and free up more funds for the incoming players that we still need to add as we are still well short of a squad that will be able to compete with the scum. 

17 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Still need two first pick full backs and two out and out wingers for both flanks and a proven goal scorer but I won't hold my breath.hopefully we start to get rid of the dross that is surplus to requirements and free up more funds for the incoming players that we still need to add as we are still well short of a squad that will be able to compete with the scum. 

Our 'quality' down the flanks is completely shocking. Some good additions perhaps in Jack, Dorrans and the like, however, we  need a real bit of quality out wide and it's not even questionable.

10 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

We shouldn't really considering 4 of the 8 we actually have signed at the moment are piss poor. 

10 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Holt Windass Dalcio and Niko can gtf,I'd rather play the young lads if need be than these,the jury is still very much out on Candieas aswell

It is never the wrong time to join Rangers — Dorrans

Lindsay Herron

After one of the worst weeks in Rangers’ history, the club’s beleaguered supporters have been given something to cheer about after Graham Dorrans signed from Norwich City on a three-year contract.

Humiliated after being knocked out of the Europa League by part-timers Progres Niederkorn of Luxembourg on Tuesday night, Rangers received a further setback when the Supreme Court ruled in favour of HM Revenue & Customs in the Big Tax Case the following morning. Last night, the Ibrox club were finally able to announce some good news with the capture of Dorrans — a proven talent who can improve Pedro Caixinha’s squad.

The 30-year-old Scotland international mixed it with the best during six-and-a-half years with West Bromwich Albion, with the midfielder talked about in the same breath as club legend Bryan Robson. Dorrans later helped Norwich City return to the Premier League under Alex Neil in 2015, although his side were unable to avoid relegation a year later.

The arrival of Dorrans at Ibrox, for an initial fee of £900,000 with potential add-ons, is as significant as the acquisition of Portuguese defender Bruno Alves. He will add quality and experience to the centre of the Rangers midfield alongside Ryan Jack, Jordan Rossiter or Niko Kranjcar.

Dorrans had no hesitation in joining his boyhood heroes despite their ignominious exit from Europe earlier in the week. “I don’t think there is ever a wrong time to come to a club like this,” he said in an interview with Rangers’ official website.

“I’ve had great times down in England, especially at West Brom but, growing up, I knew I always wanted to come to this club and when the chance came around I jumped at it. It’s no secret that I grew up a Rangers fan. When the chance came around, I was straight on the phone to my agent to get things sorted.

“Last season was a little bit disappointing, we were so many points behind Celtic, so hopefully we can be much more competitive in the league next year and maybe get some of the trophies and take it from there.

“I am confident we have a good enough squad to compete. Hopefully, I can come in and help the team, help the young boys develop and help the club get back to where it belongs.”

Mark Roberts mentored Dorrans during a loan spell at Partick Thistle early in the midfielder’s career and believes he can be a pivotal player for Rangers. Dorrans, who came through Livingston’s youth system after a spell as a young boy with Rangers, was farmed out on loan to Firhill in 2005.

“His signing is a real pick-me-up for Rangers after that nightmare result in Europe on Tuesday night,” said Roberts, the former Clyde coach. “The fans need some good news after that shocker and bringing in a player of his quality is undoubtedly a major boost.

“It shows Rangers’ intentions that they are bringing in a player like him, who has played at the top level in England with West Brom and Norwich City. He has faced all of the world’s best superstars in the Premier League and coped fine so I feel sure he will be a big success at Rangers.

“He is only 30 and seems a fit lad so he could play for another five or six years, comfortably. It’s definitely a step up in quality in terms of the standard of player Rangers had been signing. There is no doubt Bruno Alves is top quality and Dorrans is in that category too.”

Roberts knew immediately that Dorrans was destined for bigger things when he joined Thistle on loan from Livingston as an 18-year-old. “He was fearless and you could see straight away that he had something special,” Roberts said.

“He was so comfortable on the ball and he had a bit of pace too, but the one thing I really liked about him was that he could look after himself even at a young age. He wasn’t fazed by anybody and he played a lot of games in the middle of the park against some tough opponents.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/it-is-never-the-wrong-time-to-join-rangers-dorrans-k0dt9bmtk

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Holt Windass Dalcio and Niko can gtf,I'd rather play the young lads if need be than these,the jury is still very much out on Candieas aswell

Where are all of those Chinese teams when you need them? 

£10m is a snip for Niko.

Hell, I'd even let Windass go for £6m, just to make the transfer easier.

:lol: