Mo Edu

ready1873

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a bit inconsistent, though he had it in his game to score some crackers or produce in big games. Generally a good squad player for us, and - unlike many of recent years - wasn't a total shitebag. 

I'll always have a soft spot for him because of that goal against Celtic, as well as him transferring his contract over in 2012 when many supposed diehards chose to bag a bigger signing fee instead. Still seems to enjoy reminding the manky bastards about that goal too. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

I thought he was pretty decent but My da really didn't like him as a player till he did this.. 

See more than anything Id take a guy like him back immediately. 

We've somehow always managed to have a squad of decent players, but who despite some being limited (edu)  just seemed to have a will to win. 

So I accept those who didnt rate him, but id hunner percent take him and his like back tomorrow. 

I actually really liked him, he always worked hard and tried his best despite being limited. He will always be a cult hero because that goal!

I always remember his performance in the match below against them. He ran himself into the ground that day. He chased every ball and never gave up. He didn't give them a second that day. Don't know if anyone remembers his performance that because it was very much all about the 3 points and grinding it out.

He was quite average and played only a bit part the first two seasons he was here.

Third season he played nearly every game because we sold Thomson, sometimes alongside Lee McCulloch - a partnership that was a bit soul destroying.

His last season was his best. He actually played quite well until December when we chucked away our 12 point lead.

Think he was very underrated by our fans . Didn't do a lot on the ball , but whether we were defending or attacking he was always available to take a pass . Like Lafferty , seemed to come alive when it mattered - after the split . 

As an individual , thought he was an ignorant b.....d . Went with my kids to get autographs after games on their shirts and he always just walked out wearing his headphones . Got his pictures , but it always seemed it was a drag . Not as bad as Naismith , Jelavich , McGregor though , who always sneaked out another door . 

I didn't like Edu.  We were always told he would be box to box but he offered little in defence or attack.  

I was pissed off with the shape of the midfield in general towards the end of his time here.  We had Naismith out wide (although I know he never kept to that position), Davis in the middle, and Edu next to him.  We would've been better with Davis wide right, Naismith in the middle, and getting rid of Edu foe a genuine ball winning midfielder.  In fact, there was one game Edu missed and Naismith started as a CM and was outstanding. 

Edu was a good athlete but he lacked any real ability.  I guess you could say he was much Edu about nothing.