Harry Forrester

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Lot of shite. Never got much of a chance when the going was tough. 

Hope that rat bastard gets permanently crippled.

Point 1 - exactly, when the going got tough he wasn't to be found or relied upon.  No use for a Rangers player.

Point 2 - Give me Naismith on the pitch all day long over a clueless ned in the stand.  Pathetic avatar.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Says more about the supporters than the player in my opinion. 

No it doesn't. 

I know for a fact that he went out on the bevy the night after Pedro took over when he should have been showing up ready to battle for a place with a clean slate, but he would rather be a bevy merchant. 

He made a cunt of it, fuck all to do with the supporters. 

3 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Point 1 - exactly, when the going got tough he wasn't to be found or relied upon.  No use for a Rangers player.

Point 2 - Give me Naismith on the pitch all day long over a clueless ned in the stand.  Pathetic avatar.

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Or the manager just never picked him?

Love you too x.

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

What actually happened with Forrester? He seemed to be quite well liked by the support and then suddenly everybody decided they hated him.

When he had his moments he failed to make the most of them or made moment-related errors.  Seems to me he fail from favour even under Warburton who had made big positive noises about the player when he arrived but then became solidly quiet about having dropped him from first choice contention.   The new manager seems to rate him even less favourably than Warburton so there must have been enough blotting of the moments copybook to push him beyond even the fringes and into the exit lounge.   Presumably the food and drink in the exit lounge are up to his standards as he awaits the departure call.   

Whoever he signs for will probably get a useful enough player.   Its just that he wasn't useful enough often enough at Rangers and when dropped didn't seem to be able to do enough to fight his way back to first team contention.  

44 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Lot of shite. Never got much of a chance when the going was tough. 

Hope that rat bastard gets permanently crippled.

You're sounding like Sutton btw.

The sitter doesn't, but that was easier to score for a simple goal.

Steady I can take stick in here but Sutton is a bit too far. ??

He could easily have walked in both those games. 

Anyway that aside he isn't the answer and never will be. 

Guest Lloyd72
16 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

When he had his moments he failed to make the most of them or made moment-related errors.  Seems to me he fail from favour even under Warburton who had made big positive noises about the player when he arrived but then became solidly quiet about having dropped him from first choice contention.   The new manager seems to rate him even less favourably than Warburton so there must have been enough blotting of the moments copybook to push him beyond even the fringes and into the exit lounge.   Presumably the food and drink in the exit lounge are up to his standards as he awaits the departure call.   

Whoever he signs for will probably get a useful enough player.   Its just that he wasn't useful enough often enough at Rangers and when dropped didn't seem to be able to do enough to fight his way back to first team contention.  

I remember Warburton said once about bad choices Harry made when he was under him at Brentford which led to him leaving the club and he always used to say about how it wasn't a question of Harry's ability and more to do with everything else, his comments about him make a lot more sense to me now.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I remember Warburton said once about bad choices Harry made when he was under him at Brentford which led to him leaving the club and he always used to say about how it wasn't a question of Harry's ability and more to do with everything else, his comments about him make a lot more sense to me now.

They do indeed.  All the more puzzling then as to why he wanted him brought to Rangers.   I'm not saying players can't learn lessons and improve on their decision making but at Rangers this is not exactly the club where that sort of learning experience can be accepted for too long.  Winning each game matters and the room for too much leeway in making poor quality decisions is narrow.    

Maybe when he moves on his experiences of what he needs to do to raise his game will benefit a future club and one which can cut him some more slack than could be cut at Ibrox.   The sooner he finds a new club the better. 

Will never understand what people see in Forrester. He's out of shape, absolutely brainless the way he flies into tackles, always ignores the right pass to go for his own glory and 7/10 any shot he does hit doesn't go anywhere near the goal. He's shocking and his attitude doesn't do him any favours, thinks he's a super-model with those Instagram posts

46 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

The non-pass to Dodoo, probably.

Think it was more all the stories and rumours about him being out on the piss. Some will just be made up, but given that Forrester has had questions raised about his dedication throughout his career it's easy to understand why folk take them at face value. 

1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Yep will be remembered for his run and goal in the first minute against dundee in the cup, apart from that, nothing special.

Came on as a sub (V Hamilton i think) and with his first touch played a peach of a pass with the outside of his boot for Waghorn to score.

That was decent.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Forrester frustrates me.

He has the ability to be a brilliant player but seems content to just coast through his career picking up a decent wage.

That's why he turned down a two-year deal  Ajax to play in England's League One. Happy to do the minimum required and float by.