Who are you and what have you done with Josh Windass?

The Beast

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Pity Windass never appeared second half like the rest of the Team. The Good run he did if he passed it we would have be up two nil and coasting.

Very sensible post - someone needs to get on the phone to Pedro and tell all our players never to have a shot on goal just in case they miss ?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent first half, patchy second half.

One thing about wide men though is they can only be effective if you find them early and regularly. However, in the 2nd half he didn't get the ball as much. If i'm Windass' team mate I would do everything I could do find him every time as he had their full right side on toast that first half.

Regardless a massive improvement. Hopefully he can push on from it.........

27 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Very sensible post - someone needs to get on the phone to Pedro and tell all our players never to have a shot on goal just in case they miss ?

The Pass was the Percentage ball it was up there with Forrester's swing and a Miss.

47 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Motherwell plugged the space in the second half and Josh could no longer kick the ball in to space and run after it.  We need someone to come in and make that left-side their own.  I'm guessing it'll be Walker if we ever get that one over the line.

We should have switched Candeias and Windass when he wasn't getting any joy as Josh was a live wire in the 1st half. The Klingon they had at LB would not have been able to cope with his pace.

My frustration was free kicks, I feel Candeias should've taken them or big Bruno, seems Tav has went off form regarding that. Although it gives us options. I was pleased with first half, still feel Rangers can only improve from this and bearing in mind that was a first experience for many of those players and I can only see Rangers improve on their game from this especially for next week.

Windass was impressive and was so unlucky not to score and to be fair to him Rangers as a team were at times falling away giving the ball away too cheaply, Windass nearer end of the game did excellently to cause them problems and win us a free kick and it's from the free kicks we need to be more clinical, had we had big Niko who is a game changer or even someone like Candeias taking the free kicks, who knows?

It's first game, Rangers can only improve from this performance but the most important thing is that we got the 3 points. Morelos brought on late when the team was more or less defending, I think he'll be a great player for us, would hope to see him starting, hopefully at Ibrox? 

Dorrans, what can I say, I f**king LOVE YOU! you f**king legend hahaha :lol:

Agreed outstanding first 45 but disappeared badly for me second half. Needs to work a lot harder for the team when we don't have the ball as well.

He's been handed an opportunity here and has to realise he's got go work his arse off over the full 90 minutes to keep that starting Jersey.

33 minutes ago, Smile said:

The Pass was the Percentage ball it was up there with Forrester's swing and a Miss.

We won the game he had a very good performance and hit the post and bar. His ability to pick up the ball and drive it up the pitch is very promising some people are just stuck in their ways of bashing the same players. Was better than most on the pitch today probably top 3 performances in the team today alongside Dorrans and Cardoso. 

3 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

We won the game he had a very good performance and hit the post and bar. His ability to pick up the ball and drive it up the pitch is very promising some people are just stuck in their ways of bashing the same players. Was better than most on the pitch today probably top 3 performances in the team today alongside Dorrans and Cardoso. 

Not at all i have praised him for what he did well but at Rangers you have to compete for 90 minutes this is what separates us from other teams.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Not at all i have praised him for what he did well but at Rangers you have to compete for 90 minutes this is what separates us from other teams.

Fair enough but if we had control of the game that wouldn't of Been the case which was down to other players in the team. Dare I say it but thought Ryan jack was very poor today 

Just now, MrMckee said:

Fair enough but if we had control of the game that wouldn't of Been the case which was down to other players in the team. Dare I say it but thought Ryan jack was very poor today 

I like Jack but was a quiet game from him.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I like Jack but was a quiet game from him.

Same here and think he will be a great signing still but at times the midfield was non existent and that was down to the way we let Motherwell play. Anyway first game and a win hopefully the same in the cup and want us to give hibs a good thumping next week!