waghorn off to ipswich

robg58

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Waghorn but his confidence has been shot for some time and that's a serious issue for a striker; I think it's reached the point of no return.

Thanks for your work in helping to get us back in the top flight, and good luck with whatever comes next Waggy.

If you take out his penalties and cup goals against lower division teams, both his goalscoring ratio and chance conversion just hasn't been up to scratch.

Miller, Herrera and Morelos aren't enough as a strikeforce this season and we desperately need a poacher brought in ASAP. Hopefully freeing up Waghorn's wages facilitates that.

6 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

You seriously want Moult after yesterday? 

Why .What was wrong with him yesterday . He was finding the positions and causing us lots of problems .

He is mobile and decent in the air

He has scored against us and the beggars before .

Tell you now . He is exactly what we need up top .Just my opinion

We would probably get him for 500k

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Why .What was wrong with him yesterday . He was finding the positions and causing us lots of problems .

He is mobile and decent in the air

He has scored against and the beggars before .

Tell you now . He is exactly what we need up top .Just my opinion

We would probably get him for 500k

Don't agree with that at all. Missed an absolute sitter, gave the ball away several times, should of been sent off and gave away a penalty. 

I'm not denying we need another striker but I don't think he's the answer, he's too similar to Herrera. 

13 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

You seriously want Moult after yesterday? 

Yip, never really got a sniff from Alves and Cardoso - allowed the frustration to get the better of him.

Millions times better than what we currently have...Who else could we get with the funds we have available? 

14 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Yip, never really got a sniff from Alves and Cardoso - allowed the frustration to get the better of him.

Millions times better than what we currently have...Who else could we get with the funds we have available? 

He's too similar to Herrera so I'll be shocked if we're even remotely interested. 

I have no idea how much funds we have available but I don't think Moult is the answer regardless. 

22 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Don't agree with that at all. Missed an absolute sitter, gave the ball away several times, should of been sent off and gave away a penalty. 

I'm not denying we need another striker but I don't think he's the answer, he's too similar to Herrera. 

Time will tell on that . Hope you are right and I'm wrong . However . No doubting he is decent and I would take a punt on him . He is going to cause lots of problems in coming months .Whoever he is with

Really rated him in his 1st season with us. His performance and goal in the 4-2 Hivs game still sticks in my memory. He just didn't kick on last season, but he goes with my best wishes. And a nice wee profit is a bonus 

40 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Good memories? Enlighten me

44 goals in 78 games. 

We're allowed to actually wish players, who gave their all, well when they leave. Doesn't all have to be "thank fuck dont come back" pish.

44 goals and 9 assists for a 200k signing is a fantastic return. He isn't one of the guys who had a shite attitude and never tried, gave his all and loved the club. Wish him well for the future.

1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

:snapoutofit:
I actually read the story and still checked it out on RM.
We should top up our offer for Walker, and imo I would actually have another try for Moult.
The big guy put himself about yesterday and had a couple of shots from crazy angles which weren't far away.
This big guy does not lack confidence and I'm quite sure it was 3 goals against the bheggars last season. 

Agree 100% mate, re: Walker & Moult.

Jermain Defoe would have been an ideal forward to replace Waghorn - getting on a bit now, but he was/is a prolific goalscorer.