Wallace and Tavernier

TMB

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Showed today what an asset they can be going forward.  Tavernier creating the goal for Morelos, and Wallace creating the goal for Herrera.  Credit where it's due as both of these guys had a good game today.

Came in expecting "need to prevent crosses coming in" good to see a focus on the positive side. I think Tav is one of our better players. 

Tavernier was excellent today. Linked well with Candeias. I thought he was good both defensively as well as going forward.

Wallace on the other hand I thought was pretty average. One of the players who lost belief in his own ability after the Ross County goal. Credit for the assist though.

Playing Wilson rather than Miller or Kranjcar will allow them to push forward and play to their strengths.  Both could have done better for the County goal, Tav should be closing behind his CH when he can see the guy is about to have a free header. Another cross coming in from their right...

16 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Are you going to talk shite in every thread? Wit was Tav supposed to do?

To be fair he should have got in front of Mikkelsen as soon as he saw Cardoso leaving him unmarked. All he has to do is take a step in and get his body in front. Poor defending from him, Wallace and Cardoso.

Tav  played really well today. Links up with Candeias well. They will be a good partnership. Wallace probably needs someone to link up with on the left. He does frustrate me going forward as he always turns inside. Just want to see him beating a man and getting to the by line more often. He played well today though

18 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Are you going to talk shite in every thread? Wit was Tav supposed to do?

Follow the runner. If he couldnt get in front of him he could at least have put pressure on him. HE RAN AWAY FROM HIM. Thats scary. Very scary. 

35 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Showed today what an asset they can be going forward.  Tavernier creating the goal for Morelos, and Wallace creating the goal for Herrera.  Credit where it's due as both of these guys had a good game today.

You forgot Wallace letting them into the game making it 2-1 and his horrendous pass that they nearly scored from in the second half

he's not a good left he's not a good captain he's a good squad player at best

32 minutes ago, piperpete said:

They played well, our problem is that we keave our midfield central two unptotected with opponents running freely at themwhich has caused us problems in every game this year.

we need to play rossiter in midfield who gives you a bit of fight and good passing ability. we let the 2 upfront lead the attack with full backs pushing forward which means niko has to drop out.

32 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

Both did well going forward. Need to see more of that.

Still have my doubts about Wallace when up against the better teams in the league, but considering the alternative is Hodson...

I'm the same with Wallace but his touch and lay off for the third was excellent. Fair play to him.

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

To be fair he should have got in front of Mikkelsen as soon as he saw Cardoso leaving him unmarked. All he has to do is take a step in and get his body in front. Poor defending from him, Wallace and Cardoso.

I thought since Wallace was out of position, Bruno could maybe have pushed out quicker leaving Cardoso to mark the man and Tav to cover behind for any flick ons. 

41 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Wallace pushed too far up for their goal which has always been his biggest Problem.