Everything that is wrong with an element of our support today

Virtuoso

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

That's wrong as we all have our own ideas of what being a Rangers supporter actually is. 

No, that's wrong. Some have an idealistic view of what they would like a Rangers supporter to be, but if someone supports the team, watched the games, goes to Ibrox, buys merch etc they're a Rangers fan, regardless of what you or I think of them.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

No, that's wrong. Some have an idealistic view of what they would like a Rangers supporter to be, but if someone supports the team, watched the games, goes to Ibrox, buys merch etc they're a Rangers fan, regardless of what you or I think of them.

If you are against the very foundations of our club and what it represents, then by definition you aren't a Rangers supporter. Not in the truest sense and certainly not to me. 

Anyone like the OP and the examples I gave are not a Rangers supporter to me. 

Now if you'd only condemn the anti-unionist bigots like you do people like myself that take issue with them then that would be great, SkylineBlue. In your own time, mate. 

2 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

There are many on here who think you have to hate everyone and everything to be a real Rangers supporter. So I guess I'm not a real Rangers supporter. If that's a banable offense then do your job.

o-NO-facebook.jpgdonald_trump_flag.jpg

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If you are against the very foundations of our club and what it represents, then by definition you aren't a Rangers supporter. Not in the truest sense and certainly not to me. 

Now if you'd only condemn the anti-unionist bigots like you do people like myself that take issue with them then that would be great, SkylineBlue. In your own time, mate. 

It's not fashionable to defend Rangers supporters.

1 hour ago, The Tavernator said:

Ffs look about you, you're in the middle of bigotville. This place is disgusting sometimes. No wonder the media has a go at us with the extreme bigotry in our support. No better than the other half of town with their very own band of ignorant fucks.

Extreme bigotry :lol:

Fuck off ya big polkadot blouse. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

What exactly was the club founded on?

9 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

The fact they see us ALL as pro union Protestants makes them the bigots mate because lets face it we're not all Prods, Unionists or pro monarchy.

They ALL see as H**s, nothing else.  I see them as C*nts and as long as they're pissing in our bovril and we're shittin in their pies then so it shall remain.

As for the @The Tavernator , appears a bit of an odd one, perhaps too much of the Texas sun or a wee touch of syphilis from one of these Mexican illegals.  

4 hours ago, one55 said:

lol the only "wrong" fans are the idiots in here. you support a scottish team but fuck you for wearing a kilt and voting for independence for our country, right? fuck off away down to england if you love the queen and great Britain so much.

And there we have it , wee nicols'a all inclusive brand of nationalism shown up for what it really is.

I'm British, I'm in Britain, fact.

Fucking make me move.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

What exactly was the club founded on?

Founded on? I don't know but I know what the foundations are over time and upto today. Which is a strong, quintessential British football club steeped in Protestant tradition (including one big one that might be coming back, but can't say too much about just now on a public forum) and has a majority unionist fanbase. It's a great club in that sense and you don't need to look too far within the halls of Ibrox for the signs of it all.

Of course you can deny that if you wish, but it harps back to my original point about I am allowed to consider people who don't respect what my club to be about as a non-Rangers fan, paradoxically due to the shite they spout. 

Now if you can just get round to criticising the anti-Unionist bigots now ......

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

That's not an answer to my question.

Doesn't matter. You know what you were doing. If you don't see what our club is, what it was built on and who the supporters were for the last century and a half who made us what we are, then you don't know us at all.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Founded on? I don't know but I know what the foundations are over time and upto today. Which is a strong, quintessential British football club steeped in Protestant tradition (including one big one that might be coming back, but can't say too much about just now on a public forum) and has a majority unionist fanbase. It's a great club in that sense and you don't need to look too far within the halls of Ibrox for the signs of it all.

Of course you can deny that if you wish, but it harps back to my original point about I am allowed to consider people who don't respect what my club to be about as a non-Rangers fan, paradoxically due to the shite they spout. 

Now if you can just get round to criticising the anti-Unionist bigots now ......

Awww come on :lol: 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I've done the founders trail. It's about football, plain and simple. 

They have their events in various Masonic and Orange lodges. By the way. Have you ever paid attention to some of the trophies in the trophy room too? especially the Loving Cup and the one which name escapes me but is mentioned on a YouTube video clip with the Historian refrencing King William.

19 minutes ago, JacktonBear said:

Despite the SFA, and the nationwide contempt for our club, there's still a small part of me that wants to see the national team do well.... what's wrong with me? 

giphy.gif

Nothing wrong with you mate. Despite everything I've said I can't hold that against anyone. You are level headed enough about it and I highly doubt you'd be the type of guy in the examples I gave or the type of guy in the OP.

Even without all this SFA and SNP shite, I could never cheer a team that has Brown and Griffiths in it. I've cheered Scotland teams in the past when they had a good following and they had scum players in it.

But I can't with those 2. Nope. 

Fuck that