Everything that is wrong with an element of our support today

Virtuoso

49 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Rangers are a British club. We fly the Union Jack. We have a picture of the Queen in our dressing room. We have a massive Protestant following in our fan base. This community has played a part in what we have all built.

The SFA have hurt us at every turn, fixture congestion, transfer bans, fines. 

The support within the Scottish national team are the same ones who pressured their clubs into voting us down, sanctions, pushing for title stripping. Call us H*** and dirty orange cheating bastards. The same guys who put a Lee Wallace is a grass banner at a national game. Those who fans who boo Rangers players.

A vote for Yes is a vote for the SNP. Who introduce a football bill which puts fans in jail who sing a song. A ban designed to stamp out our traditions and history. A bill which they know would do the most harm to one teams set of supporters.

A political party whose members take to twitter to call us H***, who fail to denounce the past activities of IRA members. A political party who stepped in to help Hearts and left Rangers to the vultures. 

Im fine with anyone who isn't part of the PUL community and supports our club, you have every right, but don't pull the wool over my eyes whilst your standing shoulder to shoulder with a set of fans at Hampden who would happily bankrupt their own club in order to see us die a slow and painful football death, or stand in the voting box ticking SNP who have sections within their party who would gladly see us die and call yourself a Rangers supporter. Because nobody is fooled.

18 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

The exact OPPOSITE is true. The Rangers support has one of the strongest and most singular identities in world football. Very few clubs (if any) have such a large proportion of their fan base that identify with and are sympathetic/loyal towards a specific heritage and political stance. The Protestant and Unionist values may not have been hugely significant in the establishment of the club back in 1872 but a few decades later they sure as hell were at the heart of the club's growth into the massive institution that has won more trophies than any other football club on this planet.

If you think Rangers is a broad church you need to get out more frankly. Look at any large club from the hugely diverse metropolis that is London and you can probably justify using the term "broad church". Arsenal since the move to the Emirates is a prime example; a really diverse mix of ethnicities with doubtless hugely disparate political viewpoints (plenty of Jewish and Muslim fans for example).

I always like to see new fans from all different backgrounds (it shows they aren't swallowing the anti-Rangers mhedia and SNP horseshit) but I also hope those fans will appreciate and respect our traditional values. I also think that when people on here start claiming we are a "broad church" they are doing so because they WANT it to be true. They don't want to feel they are at odds with the vast majority of Bears who (yes, you'll have to face it BP9) still identify with traditional Rangers values and see the SNP as a fucking menace to Scotland.

Two very good posts ?

22 hours ago, Jackal said:

I dont really care for international football but found myself quite gutted Scotland had won convincingly last night. 

Fuck knows if it's the lack of Rangers players but they repulse me same way the tarriers do.

Yip I agree and many years ago I followed Scotland but now I look at the team, the management and the secessionist support and it's not for me and not in my name.

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

Rangers are a British club. We fly the Union Jack. We have a picture of the Queen in our dressing room. We have a massive Protestant following in our fan base. This community has played a part in what we have all built.

The SFA have hurt us at every turn, fixture congestion, transfer bans, fines. 

The support within the Scottish national team are the same ones who pressured their clubs into voting us down, sanctions, pushing for title stripping. Call us H*** and dirty orange cheating bastards. The same guys who put a Lee Wallace is a grass banner at a national game. Those who fans who boo Rangers players.

A vote for Yes is a vote for the SNP. Who introduce a football bill which puts fans in jail who sing a song. A ban designed to stamp out our traditions and history. A bill which they know would do the most harm to one teams set of supporters.

A political party whose members take to twitter to call us H***, who fail to denounce the past activities of IRA members. A political party who stepped in to help Hearts and left Rangers to the vultures. 

Im fine with anyone who isn't part of the PUL community and supports our club, you have every right, but don't pull the wool over my eyes whilst your standing shoulder to shoulder with a set of fans at Hampden who would happily bankrupt their own club in order to see us die a slow and painful football death, or stand in the voting box ticking SNP who have sections within their party who would gladly see us die and call yourself a Rangers supporter. Because nobody is fooled.

Top class post.

6 hours ago, The Tavernator said:

Ffs look about you, you're in the middle of bigotville. This place is disgusting sometimes. No wonder the media has a go at us with the extreme bigotry in our support. No better than the other half of town with their very own band of ignorant fucks.

You remind me of someone.  I can't put my finger on it yet, but I will get there.

2 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

I still can't get over that comment. What was it? 

"Good luck getting 55"

1. A Taig

2. A Scotland fan with a "liking" for Rangers.

I can't think of any other reason one of our own would come out with that. Has to be one of the above.

Don't understand the hate he's getting tbh. I mean, he wished us good luck? It's a nice bit of encouragement imo.