Pedro: Time to go?

Virtuoso

Pedro: Time to go?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro...

• Time to resign / be sacked?
    • Given more time?
    • It's down to the referring (and continue to make excuses for him and his signings)?

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

On what evidence?

You actually believe we're going to go to Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and ST Johnstone and come away with enough wins to be 'comfortably' in second place? We will be lucky to be in touching distance of second place come Jan.

how?

sitting comfortable at home to hibs, stokes not sent off, jack wrongly sent off, we lose the game
hearts dont even come out their half at ibrox, good goal ruled out for offside, not a chance, cost us 2 points
tarriers struggling away to thistle, thistle denied a stonewall penalty with a minute to go, gains them 2 extra points
partick boy dodges a red card in first half against us when we are comfy at 1-0, costs us 2 points
denied a stonewall penalty at 0-0 today, possibly costing us a point at the very least

thats arguably a 12 point swing so far this season that can be put down to incompetent officiating or worse, even forgetting about todays penalty, in another time and place where the decisions run in our favour, we go into todays game 4 points clear of them, instead we were 5 behind

Take out of this whatever you want. Before Tuesday id have said sack PC if we lost today however i changed my mind. By the way Im no fan of PC and  I never fancied us today .

On Tuesday Pena showed a few glimpses of an intelligent footballer, not everything came off for him but he had some good touches and showed there is something there. He has'nt had a full 90 mins but has scored twice already. The key to this guy is getting him up to full fitness ( how that can be after this amount of time god or those inside Ibrox only knows) and i think if he stays sound he can be a player for us. We have not had a goal scoring midfielder with a bit of intelligence and craft for many years.

I thought D John had a great game on Tuesday going forward. I dont know the extent of his injury but id have him in at left back and he has a couple of months to prove himself with the injury to Wallace.

Windass actually had a good first half today but i dont wont him or Miller in the first team. Forget about today this has come too soon but Id say the key to this is Pena, i can see signs of Rangers actually start to move through the gears.  I think in a months time Rangers can start to click and be a much improved team.

If we continue to toil, lose points and games then yes the times up for PC.

The other mob have better players than us and it fucks me off the way we collapse when we go behind. Injuries was the last thing we needed today that hit us more than normal. Roberts against Hodson  was the biggest mismatch since the hare and the tortoise. Would have been interesting if we have had got the penalty and scored...

The league was never on and we all know that but we can certainly be best of the rest and if we can start to show what i hope for in the next month and gel into a side then we can possibly take them in a one off cup game. 

I dont think its all as dark as most will see it tonight but as i said i think Pena getting up to full fitness will have a big bearing on this.

Just a quick question (just an answer would suffice, yes or no) ...

Anyone advocating him to stay, do you think he's a good manager in your heart of hearts? no need to qualify it - the debates raging on everywhere else just a yes or no (irrespective of if you think he should stay or go) good manager? yes or no? 

Just a matter of when, 3 games against them European disaster and we have conceded the league in September, our biggest cash signing has been uninspiring to say the least. Very poor not really Pedro's fault he has never had a job this big. Brought in as a fall guy and he has yet to win a big game. 

26 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

celtic have built this squad over years, we are barely getting started. We've had one good window, and I'd like to see how we are shaping up going into January before judging.

This 

If you think back to our run to 9IAR we built on a solid spine of a squad, each year some would move out and we would bring in better replacements but the core of the Goallie, Gough, Ferguson and McCoist would be there. Unfortunately I feel that's where that lot are at the moment. 

There is no doubt Pedro is under extreme scrutiny and pressure at the moment but momentum can change teams into confident teams and after seeing the next 8 fixtures he could turn this team round, semi v M/Well away to St Johnstone and Hearts if he can get through these with victories then he would be in a far better position. :jesus:

Peg is on a shoogly nail without a doubt :nailbiting:

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

We couldn't defeat a 10 man Partick team who had lost 5/6 games and you're automatically assuming all these 'decisions' would have resulted in wins? Penalties can be missed btw... but if you wanna go down that route, last season this occurred in the first seven games..

Home to Hamilton - clear penalty denied. 2 points dropped

Never a free kick to Aberdeen - point/3 points dropped

Ross County 0-0 - Clear red card not given to County player. 2 points dropped

Need I go on?

partick were 2-1 ahead with 23minutes left when the boy was sent off, we were 1-0 up with an hour of the game left when the ref fucked us over, remember the tarriers struggled to beat thistle away as well, so did the sheep, infact the tarriers needed a refs help to get the 3 points that friday night

and yes i agree about decisions the last season as well, but that was last season, this is about here and now, we were smashing hibs until the ref fucked us over, it wasnt even a close game, stokes goes off the park at 1-0 us hibs are buried, shit like that can cost teams big time, it has done to us so far

Just now, cp9 said:

Up until the second went in they were in no way shape or form dominating the game. We get that penalty, Morelos stays onside and it's a different game. 

It was even until half-time but even at that we didn't even show enough in the first half to look close to winning it.

We get that penalty, Morelos stays onside etc.

OK I'll watch the game again and lay down the same logic to you with the celtic chances such as Dembele letting Sinclair run onto the ball when he was 1 on 1 with Wes and would have scored, the 2 or 3 times in the first 35 minutes where Roberts raped Hodson and ran in on Fod at near post and hit it off his body and a few other instances.

Football doesn't work that way, you "generally" get what you deserve. We deserved fuck-all from that. 

9 minutes ago, cp9 said:

Yes he's had some horrific results. But we could easily have won that game today. We get a new manager in and the rebuilding starts again.

Fuck that. Build on what we have.

But we didn't.

The whole if yer 'aunty had baws' argument.

Build on what exactly?

2 minutes ago, cp9 said:

Up until the second went in they were in no way shape or form dominating the game. We get that penalty, Morelos stays onside and it's a different game. 

I think the stats state otherwise mate. We had a period of ascendancy and one excellent chance to score but they dominated most of that game. 

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Just a quick question (just an answer would suffice, yes or no) ...

Anyone advocating him to stay, do you think he's a good manager in your heart of hearts? no need to qualify it - the debates raging on everywhere else just a yes or no (irrespective of if you think he should stay or go) good manager? yes or no? 

Good manager yea. I think he deserves to continue building his team and should get 8-10 million in each of the next two windows. We need a squad roughly the same value or close to theirs as possible to mount any serious challenge and he deserves that chance. 

If it turns out he's not good enough after that then at least the next manager will have a decent valued squad as a starting place and a few adjustments could really make a difference then.

Just now, rangerslion said:

Good manager yea. I think he deserves to continue building his team and should get 8-10 million in each of the next two windows. We need a squad roughly the same value or close to theirs as possible to mount any serious challenge and he deserves that chance. 

If it turns out he's not good enough after that then at least the next manager will have a decent valued squad as a starting place and a few adjustments could really make a difference then.

OK you think he's a good manager. Mental but I did ask for opinions and you've gave yours. Not reading the reasons for it, but wanted a yes or no - the debate's been covered enough elsewhere can't be arsed going over more old ground. 

31 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Bang on. I'm not even talking about Savco, we struggle against the other clubs and could end up third or fourth again. Don't tell me a half decent manager would not have us comfortably second and beating the fourth best side in Luxembourg. My choice would have been Tommy Wright. And Pedro should have received his jotters after the Progress match. IF we beat Motherwell,and that's a bif if,it will be more of the same against Savco in the final. We will win zero under this guy,and will struggle to even finish second. With our budget and squad that is unacceptable.

Yeah I think it all traces back to someone. You can blame the board (or whoever made the decision) for hiring Caixinha and putting him in a position he’s not qualified for. But he has to take blame for the performances on the field and if you say the players aren’t good enough then I think he was given a decent enough size budget to find players who should finish comfortable second in this league. 

I personally don’t believe Caixinha will be successful long-term and win us the league so why should we prolong the inevitable? Get rid and put Murty in charge until we find the right guy this time. 

7 minutes ago, cp9 said:

If we'd got that penalty and scored we'd have been backs to the wall for the rest of the game. There's no way we'd have contained them for that long.