Pedro: Time to go?

Virtuoso

Pedro: Time to go?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro...

• Time to resign / be sacked?
    • Given more time?
    • It's down to the referring (and continue to make excuses for him and his signings)?

5 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It's been said before. Pedro has had good money to spend, other managers, wright, mc Inness can both put teams out that will give them a harder game with much less money.

In all fairness, these other managers don't have anywhere near the expectation on them so a loss is nowhere near as catastrophic.

We need strong minded people at Rangers cause we really do expect to win every game.

Proper investment and guys who don't melt into a pile of sludge when they can't handle the expectations of playing for Rangers and it's problem solved, easy! :-P

I genuinely believe a better manager would be able to get more out of these very same players. We're seeing players like Dorrans and Jack not performing how we know they can, and that to me is down to the manager. It's not only about picking the players, it's about coaching them and making them both mentally and physically fit. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I've said consistently you'd be surprised at the candidates we could get. It offends me when people say this and downplays the draw and size of our club just to justify keeping Pedro in a job. Not meaning you personally, but in general when I see this point made.

I have no doubt we are still a massive club and a huge draw but the fact of the matter is it’s 23rd September - managers don’t generally leave their club so early in the season and clubs are hard to deal with. If we were going to punt him it should have been at the start of the summer. 

We made our decision and now need to stick with it unless something goes drastically wrong and we’re 5th at Christmas or something.

17 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

The buck stops with the guy who picks the team and identifies the players who he's brought in. He's been backed with money and has made a cunt if it.

he should never have been appointed but he was and the board gave him the money to mould his squad. His squads shite, his tactics are shite and his excuses are shite.

get him sacked or we continue to get owned by those rhabbid bastards and no doubt even the sheep too.

embarassing

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Again it's not ALL about money. What good is giving him say 20-million if his tactics and coaching is utter dross? which it is. I'd like to see anyone try and deny that. 

Our players look unfit and unsure of the positions they play or take up on the pitch.

Just now, psb07158 said:

I have no doubt we are still a massive club and a huge draw but the fact of the matter is it’s 23rd September - managers don’t generally leave their club so early in the season and clubs are hard to deal with. If we were going to punt him it should have been at the start of the summer. 

We made our decision and now need to stick with it unless something goes drastically wrong and we’re 5th at Christmas or something.

Now that point of view I can understand. You have a point. But we should still be making an effort to replace him or testing the waters behind the scenes.

We might very well be. In fact I'm just going to convince myself we are as it's less mind-numbing than hearing some others excuses for him lol (not you personally, again)

What's the fucking point in blaming the manager,yes he isn't very good his players aren't very good the same with the previous managers the pattern is obvious.The real blame lies with the board and not investing the money on a good manager and in turn good players.

A new.manager with little money will just be repeating the same sorry mess we have been doing the past few years.

12 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

He never got the money needed to compete with the scum, we appointed a DOF which in my opinion is a waste of money we don't have. I'm not a massive fan if his but if he's sacked it will cost us even more money to get rid of him and his staff. King needs to seek some serious investment of fuck off.

He spent millions on shite. The scum are not the real issue its the fact we can't get the better of shite sides like Partick and newly promoted Hivs. He's a disaster, there is just no defending him because he's lost every single big game as Rangers manager. He's a dud and every bit as cringe as the likes of Mowbury.

18 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Unless there's another manager of real quality waiting to come in I see no point in sacking him now.  May as well give him until January and if he needs replaced then at least the next guy has the benefit of a transfer window.

I can't agree with this. By January we could be trailing in third or fourth place. This guy is a dud plain and simple,any decent manager would have us comfortably second. I've said it over and over under this guy we will go nowhere. It would please the scum no end if we continue to go with this fraud of a manager. Other managers have been sacked for way less.

4 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

Or we could have no club to support ? We are asking these men to put their literal houses on the line to support a football club season to season ? Would you do that after all the blustering ? Mortgage your children's inheritance on an institution ? Judging by your tone and desire for winning rather than earning. Creepily, you echo a large element of our support who claim the right to see a winning football team on the pitch, rather than hold the privilege of being a Rangers supporter. The former will continue to hold us back I fear. Love your club.

I was quoting the poster with the "Diddy" remark. My point was that the board are there to financially support the club and bring in investors. The board did well getting rid of the ridiculous retail deal that was in place but I'd like to see some proper investment that would enable us to at least compete with the scum and you say would I risk mortgaging my house against the club and such, we'll plenty of supporters like myself invest thousands every season in following the club we love knowing we won't get a penny of that back yet the board loan the club money,probably from a business and not there own pockets and seem give the fans fuck all back.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Now that point of view I can understand. You have a point. But we should still be making an effort to replace him or testing the waters behind the scenes.

We might very well be. In fact I'm just going to convince myself we are as it's less mind-numbing than hearing some others excuses for him lol (not you personally, again)

Who would you be happy with?

8 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Did you not see the shite he was left with last season? Even the biggest Pedro haters have to see that we have brought in a much better quality of player. Is it enough? No we need more. 

Yes and he also kept some of the shite and brought more in, the midfield is a bomb scare, season over, just so fucking easy struggling in most games and all over the place today when it mattered.

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We want to win the league.  Winning a league is about quality, and consistency, over a 38 game season.  celtic are currently spending more money on player assets in terms of transfer fees and wages than every other Scottish top-tier club combined.  celtic will win consistently in Scottish football and in fact haven't lost a game domestically for well over a year now.  Sacking our manager wont double our budget and allow us to start competing with celtic.

Is there a vastly superior manager waiting to come in?  If he does, will the board hand him £20m to spend on players?  I don't think sacking Pedro will be the solution to all our problem.  

Yes over a season I agree. But in terms of this manager that’s 3 times he’s faced celtic and 3 teams we’ve been dominated and not really looked like winning. That’s where my point about a one-off game comes in. But again, we’ve only played them once and we’re 8 points behind. We’re spending superior amounts to every other team in the league so why aren’t we streaks ahead of them? I’m not sure who else there is who could come in and put money in but whoever was responsible for hiring Caixinha should probably go now too. 

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Who would you be happy with?

McInnes first choice.
Michael O'Neill second choice.
Tommy Wright/Alex McLeish next choice.

Warnock outside bet.

I'd go to Allardyce and offer him the world, worth asking.

Redknapp maybe an outside bet.

5 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

I can't agree with this. By January we could be trailing in third or fourth place. This guy is a dud plain and simple,any decent manager would have us comfortably second. I've said it over and over under this guy we will go nowhere. It would please the scum no end if we continue to go with this fraud of a manager. Other managers have been sacked for way less.

I think by January we will be sitting comfortably in second place.  I doubt if Pedro is going anywhere so we'll get the chance to see wither way.

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He spent millions on shite. The scum are not the real issue its the fact we can't get the better of shite sides like Partick and newly promoted Hivs. He's a disaster, there is just no defending him because he's lost every single big game as Rangers manager. He's a dud and every bit as cringe as the likes of Mowbury.

At least Mowbray won an Old Firm game or was it even 2? Pedro will NEVER do that with us. NEVER.

Just now, Gandhi1872 said:

We’re spending superior amounts to every other team in the league so why aren’t we streaks ahead of them?

Bang on. I'm not even talking about Savco, we struggle against the other clubs and could end up third or fourth again. Don't tell me a half decent manager would not have us comfortably second and beating the fourth best side in Luxembourg. My choice would have been Tommy Wright. And Pedro should have received his jotters after the Progress match. IF we beat Motherwell,and that's a bif if,it will be more of the same against Savco in the final. We will win zero under this guy,and will struggle to even finish second. With our budget and squad that is unacceptable.

Anyone backing this clueless cunt of a man needs their head checked. Embarrasses this club non stop, spunked loads of money in the summer and fuck all has changed. Tommy Wright should've been appointed in March and I hope he's in place next week. This can't go on.

Just now, K.A.I said:

At least Mowbray won an Old Firm game or was it even 2? Pedro will NEVER do that with us. NEVER.

Yup. I honestly have no faith in our team when we face anyone from the top half of the table , that's how bad it is.

last season when these results were happening under him we got the same delusional folk on here saying "it's not his team and judge him when he gets his players" well here we are in September and the leagues done and dusted. We were punted it of Europe by the 4th best team in Luxenburg at the first hurdle. Beaten by a newly promoted Hivs at Ibrox while needing over 180 minutes to get the better of Partick Thistle. 

I mean I'm not sure what has to happen to our club for some people to realise we are nose diving in terms of standards and expectations. We are a total joke just now with a guy who's record reads like a Christmas cracker joke. He banned green boots and got WATP posters put up on the walls....ideal eh.