Cardoso and Candias

eejay the dj

2 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

Not been mentioned too much this thread but Dorrans has to do so much better than what we saw yesterday. Deployed further up the pitch he would be far more effective if his remit was to attack.  Didnt really watch him in England but is he low on confidence or is this his typical game? 

It's splitting hairs with most of them mate .

It was just how it looked on sky .

At the game . They all looked shite bar Ross

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

Not been mentioned too much this thread but Dorrans has to do so much better than what we saw yesterday. Deployed further up the pitch he would be far more effective if his remit was to attack.  Didnt really watch him in England but is he low on confidence or is this his typical game? 

He's been a major let down , he's also never been an attacking midfielder and at age 30 he's not going to be. If he's going to be a side/back passer we need someone else as an attacking midfielder. 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

It's splitting hairs with most of them mate .

It was just how it looked on sky .

At the game . They all looked shite bar Ross

Aye he can hold his head high for sure. The way our midfield folded once again was our main issue for me yesterday. 

Cardoso is horrendous. He's like a tanned Karl Svensson. No difference at all. Absolutely pish.

Candaies blows hot and cold. Typical winger. He's OK ... I don't mind him, but he's someone we need an upgrade on if we want to do anything/be successful. I've seen a lot worse than Candaies but we still need better. 

I like Cardoso. I think he is getting stick for us losing goals to the taigs and thistle when he was playing in a make shift defence. We slate Tavs defending and Wallace too so he can't keep every cross out himself.

He is good on the ball and will be a good player for us. Only 24 and is highly rated.

2 hours ago, Johnsey said:

We don't seem to have a winger that can go past players.

Not sure if Nemane will be that player but we are lacking so much in the wide areas.

One thing that really got to me yday (if you could pick just one), was when Candeias slipped the ball in the box to Tav who for some reason blasted it into their side net. Every time they came into our box from the wide areas they looked up for a pass, we seemed to panic in the dangerous areas constantly.

That had me nearly throwing my beer at the television. We weren't creating much then when the chance came to cut the ball back Tav goes glory-hunting.

2 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

I couldn't suffer it again but I thought Hodson was our worst player. 

Absolutely. He was simply diabolical. Tbh, we were always up against it yesterday playing the scum with four defenders unavailable through injury - two of which are first team starters. We simply showed we don't have the strength in depth to cope with that amount of injuries, hence the reason we are playing guys like the hapless Hodson.  

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

After watching yesterday's game again 

So much happened 

I honestly think ,these 2 players were our worst performers 

The first goal was Cardosos fault all day long .Shocking but he was mince throughout 

Candias offered us absolutely nothing 

At the game .Thought we had worst performers 

There was no one worse than these two 

Morelos was superb against a decent defence .Worked his socks off with some good quality 

Cardoso gets the blame for the second from me as well, should be following Griffiths' run.

14 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Don't think Morelos was great, way too many offsides, seems lazy in that regard.

It looked like some of the offsides were because he made the run in anticipation of an early ball, instead of our midfield taking a few touches then launching it up to him when it's too late.

13 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Windass always seems to start well but then just falls completely out of the game until he's eventually subbed.

A thirty-minute player he put more effort in congratulating Griffiths at the end of the game.

14 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Think it's harsh on Candeias to single him out. 

He's been pretty good so far this season, and while wasn't his best yesterday I hardly noticed Sinclair and Tierney who are two of the filths best. Him and Tav kept them pretty quiet. 

He is also an absolute grafter. 

Spot on about him and Tav, kept them quiet most if the day, it was Roberts and the left side, I don't blame Hodgson as he is lacking a yard and gave his all,  he just simply is not good enough and needs moved on January. 

We need a quality winger a good left back as not convinced about Wallace either and someone who can take the game by the scruff of the neck, a Barry Ferguson type player..

We have went backwards under Pedro, he has played the filth 3 times and we have scored 2 and conceded 9 and he has yet to go to the pedo dome (Can we take that risk?) 

I want Pedro gone now, I like the guy, I like his passion but he is nowhere near the standard of manager we need and when he goes we will sell the majority of his signings for a fraction we paid for them on top of paying Pedro and his backroom team staff off, so it's been a costly experience  

The board royaly fucked up on this one and they need to stand up and be counted or sell up to someone willing to buy up shares till they get over 50% or over and take control of the club, as even another share issue will not be enough , well not with this board in charge