Cardoso is costing us too many goals

Gaz52

He's a massive weak link that teams are exploiting. He gets far too tight to the forward and it's absolutely school boy stuff, it's not like it's happened just the once this season, he's already cost us more goals this season than Kiernan did the whole of last. 

He's quite quick but he gets bullied in the air and out-muscled every game, I'm failing to see why he's starting every game (if everyone is fit) - probably something to do with the fee we paid? McCrorie and Alves would be my preferred pair. 

I hate singling people out but it's currently our biggest problem and it needs addressed otherwise we risk losing more amateurish goals and more valuable points. The guy needs dropped. 

He looks good when he just plays in a very physical manner. I’m not sure why he doesn’t. The time he got tight last night and got turned he should have shown some game awareness and fouled the striker and taken the yellow. 

He has definitely not cost us the number of goals Kiernan did last season though :lol: 

He's not the best, but would go with him and Alves ,mccrorie looked terrible last night in the second half against a small tricky player,and the 2 goals against the scum when you look at them again especially the second he was poor, l feel he's good against a big centre forward like he was against thistle,and he's still young to improve

28 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The three teams coming up are very physical as well.

I'd rather have McCrorie beside Alves, tbh

Yip, agree, teams we are about to face are quite physical and it’s a concern. Even that lone striker Sammon at Thistle caused us problems at times.

From what I've seen don't think Cardoso is the best or most physical of defenders although reasonable on the ball.  That makes him no dissimilar to Wilson IMO.  While McCrorie shows promise, I think Cardoso would be better paired with Alves or indeed Bates to provide the required physicality as the back.  

I think he has been really poor the last few games. But I saw enough in pre-season to think he looks like he will be a quality player. Needs to iron out some of the errors and not go wandering. He also needs to be touch tight, not right on the backs of guys. Some of his long balls are terrible too.

He was highly rated in Portugal and I think if I recall correctly he was rated one of the best CBs in the league over the past couple of years outside the big 3.

When he leaves he will not be sold for peanuts to Southend.

We could use another ready to go centre back instead of a project. I like my centre backs to be pure defenders and just keep the passing simple. McCrorie could use a season with another SPFL team But I think he's going to have to learn on the job. Cardoso need to just keep it simple and defend. His concentration isn't the best of maybe it's a lack of positional sense. He seems not to sense danger like a centre back should 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The three teams coming up are very physical as well.

I'd rather have McCrorie beside Alves, tbh

Kidding, mccrorie was brutal last night as well against a big bustling striker, caught on the wrong side too many times cause he was turned

He is still young and I think he will get better playing next to Alves. Out of the central defenders we have he is the quickest so seems to do the chasing whilst the other cb holds the position, needs to beef up a bit and be more aggressive but he is a good player who hopefully we can make the finished product.