Rangers Picture Thread

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

That's true I just meant the stairway was more cramped than it had to be because of the railway ... if we had started with a green field the whole ground would have been surrounded by exits rather than everyone having to transfer to Edmiston Drive 

the main stand is the same as it blocks the two ends of the terracing as its only at the corners that the exits are all ont o edm.dr.

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

That's true I just meant the stairway was more cramped than it had to be because of the railway ... if we had started with a green field the whole ground would have been surrounded by exits rather than everyone having to transfer to Edmiston Drive 

That exit took you out to Cairnlea Drive, Harrison Drive and on to Copland Road.

21 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

No.  The stairway wasn't cramped. 

Ibrox 250.jpg

I meant the walkways and access to the ground was cramped ... if you were starting with a green field site for a ground of 100,000+ capacity you would never have built it that way

It's not a criticism of the old Ibrox it grew so quickly at the start of the last century we just ran out of space 

Quite a good picture that shows how cramped the govan side had become because the ground had grown so much in the early part of last  century.jpg

21 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

the main stand is the same as it blocks the two ends of the terracing as its only at the corners that the exits are all ont o edm.dr.

The gates now are really just ornamental but it must have been so much better when they were right at the heart of it all :pipe:

The gates are ornamental at the new Ibrox  but much better when they were right at the heart of it all ).jpg

14 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I meant the walkways and access to the ground was cramped ... if you were starting with a green field site for a ground of 100,000+ capacity you would never have built it that way

It's not a criticism of the old Ibrox it grew so quickly at the start of the last century we just ran out of space 

Quite a good picture that shows how cramped the govan side had become because the ground had grown so much in the early part of last  century.jpg

It was a 100,000 capacity stadium, we’ve had  118,000 in there.

23 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

One for all the Walter and Iron Maiden fans out there

dickinson-POD-228x165.jpg

I always remember that ... imagine sitting in the cabin waiting to take off and the captain comes on the intercom and it's you favourite pill popping rock star at the controls :lol:

4 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

It was fine for decades mate.  The terracing was huge and unaltered for about 60 years.  

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

It was fine for decades mate.  The terracing was huge and unaltered for about 60 years.  

Apart from timmy who took over the 'away end', I don't remember away support.  Just remember our support in the uncovered terraces.

On 17/11/2021 at 20:11, JCDBigBear said:

It must have been a real occasion to have the first game at the new stadium 2 days before the new century (ok Hearts provided the opposition but I suppose you can't have everything :lol:). You can just imaging the excited chat about the 20th century just around the corner after the game as everyone was heading home and I'm sure few could have imagined the palace that Ibrox now is in far distant 2021 :pipe:.

Exciting times moving to the new ground for the start of the new century ).jpg