To be fair to Pedro.

tannerall

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the whole point of this thread is, did some of the players who have performed so well in last few games screw up our season right from the beginning ?

And if they did should they be punted ? 

This poster prefers not to gloss over the results we had before Murty was re-instated and blame it solely on the "wrong" manager, after all the history books won't lie about losses to Niedercorn, poor results against mediocre Scottish teams, hammerings from the tims......, if we had now lost or drawn the two games against the allegedly second best team in Scotland then the question would have been moot, however it appears our Mr Murty has performed some sort of managerial miracle.....

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

So the whole point of this thread is, did some of the players who have performed so well in last few games screw up our season right from the beginning ?

And if they did should they be punted ? 

This poster prefers not to gloss over the results we had before Murty was re-instated and blame it solely on the "wrong" manager, after all the history books won't lie about losses to Niedercorn, poor results against mediocre Scottish teams, hammerings from the tims......, if we had now lost or drawn the two games against the allegedly second best team in Scotland then the question would have been moot, however it appears our Mr Murty has performed some sort of managerial miracle.....

Please just stop. You are making my eyes bleed. Watch the fucking jungle shit, anything, just leave footie to the adults.

39 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Agreed, which does make you wonder where the actual management was at the time of our worst ever results. 

So, are we right to blame it 100% on Pedro ?

Are there still unwanted influences in our boardroom or dressing room who would make it difficult for a new manager ?

The next manager will be the third (fourth ?) attempt at solving player/management problems. Will he be allowed freedom to sort it out himself ?

For failing to win against poor teams, for playing shite, for being on the receiving end of embarrassing results on a number of occasions, brought in a number of his own signings for inflated fees that have failed to live up to the hype, nah not his fault.

He picked the starting 11, the formation, tactics, subs, training, his own coaching team and flopped.

Maybe the next manager won’t be a tosser that half the team think is a useless cunt. That will give them a good start.

22 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Please just stop. You are making my eyes bleed. Watch the fucking jungle shit, anything, just leave footie to the adults.

I welcome the advice of experience, something I am lucky enough to have plenty of. Can you say the same ? Have you now come to terms and accepted blaming all of our problems of the past six months on a Portueguese with good intentions who was appointed out of his depth with sharks in the water ?

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

It now looks as if the team Pedro built may well have been up to the task.

And I am now certain some players deliberately dropped tools right from the season start, especially against the Luxembourgers. 

Maybe they were dissillusioned, maybe they just wanted a longer holiday, or maybe they just wanted to stick with the old "jobs for the boys only" mentality.

How can these guys look each other in the face, or even look at the fans thinking they should get away with some of our worst results, knowing they were stitching up the manager ?

Quite simply, working their socks off now for the new manager wil be the least I expect.

And if any of them want to repeat their disrespect for this great club they should be given their books as soon as a new manager comes in. 

And if anyone thinks differently just think back to those results we had in the last six months with a team that is now putting in effort to impress with a new manager on the horizon.

Harsh maybe, but think back to those early days of the season. I for one do not want a repeat.

I don’t agree it was Pedros squad but what I do think is this squad is good enough to have won against Hearts at home, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Thistle, and beat Dundee. A few points extra from those puts us right up there. That’s what frustrates me. 

OP makes a good point.  This team is good enough to be a strong second place and competing.  Lets hope we get the strong man manager we need to deal with the cliques and those with ideas above their station. 

Murty is better tactically than Pedro for Scottish football.

Twice hes outwitted Mccines in a week, putting McCrorie just infront of the defence has been the most notable and the pressing up top by Pena Miller and Windass.

I think your right the players are good enough but its how you use them as a team

Last 2 games have added to the school of thought that Pedro didn't build a bad team. Not an exceptional one but a big improvement on MW's efforts.

Building a team is one thing though, managing it is another. Pedro shot himself in the foot with his press conferences, tactics and perhaps most of all handling of the players.

Compare Murty's careful man management and what he has got out of the players, to Pedro's authoritarian rule with fall-outs and players downing tools.

Warburton was too much of a pushover, Pedro was too strict and Murty is a better balance of the two.  Now we need a manager in  with pedigree that can man manage the players in the way Murty has.