Could there be more to the rumour ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think people are forgetting that  King cannot sell Rangers to anyone as he only owns around 15%.

Would take a hostile takeover bid by someone with the cash to offer say 25p a share to all shareholders.

Having paid 70p there's no way I would sell for that but like most fans  I wouldn't sell at any price anyway. This might be an attractive offer for anyone who bought shares for 20p or less or were given shares for pretty much nowt. Would that give a potential buyer 51% and control of the club ....... who knows .

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Not one businessman with an ounce of credibility is going to hand over cash to the glib and shamless liar and his band of merrymen.

Can anyone tell me how much Paul Murray has actually invested into this club? 

If there was new investors on the horizon I’d pray to fuck they get rid of King and his wee minions and act in the best interests of the football club not themselves

Best post I’ve seen today about these Kants 

3 minutes ago, Brackley said:

Think people are forgetting that  King cannot sell Rangers to anyone as he only owns around 15%.

Would take a hostile takeover bid by someone with the cash to offer say 25p a share to all shareholders.

Having paid 70p there's no way I would sell for that but like most fans  I wouldn't sell at any price anyway. This might be an attractive offer for anyone who bought shares for 20p or less or were given shares for pretty much nowt. Would that give a potential buyer 51% and control of the club ....... who knows .

Lets be honest he calls the shots...

11 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I see murty's appointment  as nothing more than buying time tbh regardless of how it goes he will see out the season tbh

Buying time for what? They could've easily just kept murty untill january as they said they would and get an actual manager in january.  

36 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Agreed 

we are a medicore run of the mill Scottish club who will maybe fluke a cup every now and again but that’s it. 

People just need to face up to that fact,  As painful as it is. 

Possibly the most pathetic lines I have read on here!

We are not a mediocre run of the mill Scottish club & never, ever will be! It’s impossible to be such when attracting 50,000 people every second Saturday & filling out every away end in the country. 

Our dominance on the park might currently be taking a massive dip but we’re still, by a long long long way one of the two biggest clubs in the country! 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Not one businessman with an ounce of credibility is going to hand over cash to the glib and shamless liar and his band of merrymen.

Can anyone tell me how much Paul Murray has actually invested into this club? 

If there was new investors on the horizon I’d pray to fuck they get rid of King and his wee minions and act in the best interests of the football club not themselves

I'd also be interested in how much he's taken out. Both in undisclosed expenses and in all these little service companies he's on the board of, that seemingly only do business with Rangers....

26 minutes ago, Brackley said:

Oh good. You can sit with your share certicates for a club that no longer exists due to the selfish actions of yourself and others. Well done.

12 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

We are not a mediocre run of the mill Scottish club & never, ever will be! It’s impossible to be such when attracting 50,000 people every second Saturday & filling out every away end in the country. 

Our dominance on the park might currently be taking a massive dip but we’re still, by a long long long way one of the two biggest clubs in the country! 

Another season like this and the stadium will be fucking empty, if king doesn't put us out of business before then.

14 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

In our minds we are the best club about. 

in reality, we are a “normal” Scottish team with no real chance of winning the league and will be fighting it out with 3 or 4 teams for European spot. 

We are also on a down turn so things could get worse. 

1 hour ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Agreed 

we are a medicore run of the mill Scottish club who will maybe fluke a cup every now and again but that’s it. 

People just need to face up to that fact,  As painful as it is. 

We won't be fluking any cups mate. We are finished. 

Anyone now prepared to put money into Rangers will want total control.

That means putting his (or her) people in charge to run things.

It also means the current board and its C1872 cheerleaders would have to step aside and let those appointed by new owners/investors get on with their jobs.

Those who supported the current board when they took over back in 2015 & castigated anyone who questioned their capabilities now need to take a long hard look at themselves. I was one of those who doubted the current board as I didn't think they'd have the funding available to take us back to where we were 2011 pre-Whyte. I still don't.

33 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

We’re like an aging  musician band that people go to see because of nostalgia and previous success from years ago even tho they’re not as good as they were. They still get the massive crowds but aren’t a patch on what they used to be. Wise up.

And being one of the two biggest clubs in the country isn’t good enough imo.

8 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

In our minds we are the best club about. 

in reality, we are a “normal” Scottish team with no real chance of winning the league and will be fighting it out with 3 or 4 teams for European spot. 

We are also on a down turn so things could get worse. 

You're a fucking weapon.