Fraserborough lockout?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can understand the frustration of the vast majority of the away supporters who had no chance of getting a ticket for the game tonight, I still feel that is pretty shite if some of them ruined the day of those locked out if, and I repeat if, they made their way into the ground knowing that they had a snider. 

Two sides to this;

a) If there really were fake tickets in the ground, then those who knowingly supplied or knowingly bought them are just as bad as ticket touts in my book. Fraserborough must share some blame in not spotting sniders.

b) Possibility that Fraserborough made an arse of the numbers and oversold - and are using the "fake tickets" as an excuse.

Either way, locked out fans have a justified grievance. We will see exactly what the SLO does for the bears in this case. he is the equivalent of their shop steward and should back them to the hilt. Was he there tonight? Was he actively involved in trying to find a resolution, or sat on his bum? If the SLO does not step up to the mark here then every locked out supporter should write to our chairman to get him to fuck.

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

So you never watched the game, painful, time better spent in the pub.

I did watch the game, in the pub. it was painful but we won 3-0. Give them some credit. Played on a ploughed field, tight, their players so unbelievably up for it. At least 3 occasions their players had a swipe/kick at ours with the ball 5 metres away( think one guy was booked), the allowed petty fouling was criminal. I remember a few years ago we were 2-0 up against, ffs, was it albion rovers, and we got beat 2-3. We won tonight in lousy circumstances. We had a couple of disappoinments, Hodson(gtf), Halliday(gtf). Most players kept their calm and we won 3-0. Away from home.

3 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

I did watch the game, in the pub. it was painful but we won 3-0. Give them some credit. Played on a ploughed field, tight, their players so unbelievably up for it. At least 3 occasions their players had a swipe/kick at ours with the ball 5 metres away( think one guy was booked), the allowed petty fouling was criminal. I remember a few years ago we were 2-0 up against, ffs, was it albion rovers, and we got beat 2-3. We won tonight in lousy circumstances. We had a couple of disappoinments, Hodson(gtf), Halliday(gtf). Most players kept their calm and we won 3-0. Away from home.

Wasn't Albion rovers it was Alloa in the ramsdens cup??

5 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

It was Alloa, I remember it only too well. 

I'm hearing that there were plenty of ticket checks in place before anyone got near the turnstiles and also that there was plenty of space inside the ground. So, at a guess, looks like someone messed up big time in managing the tickets and crowd control and are blaming it on forged tickets. 

12 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I'm hearing that there were plenty of ticket checks in place before anyone got near the turnstiles and also that there was plenty of space inside the ground. So, at a guess, looks like someone messed up big time in managing the tickets and crowd control and are blaming it on forged tickets. 

They had a register with the 350 odd ticket numbers on it. Checked your number & highlighted it as ye came in. 

There was plenty room in there but, could of fitted hundreds more.

13 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Wouldn't be the first time a Highland club have fucked up regarding tickets when we visit !

I feel for our supporters who have took time off work to travel up there and then be locked out ( and treated with contempt by Plod by all accounts ) Hopefully the club give those involved their full backing .

Obviously shite for those affected but if the maximum permitted number went into the stadium regardless of how it may appear they could allow more in they are not just gonna go against whatever safety certificate / licence is held. 

Is there any compensation available to those affected ?