Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, James Rolle said:

Inconclusive!  Would have to see a better quality clip from that angle. I think the video pauses a split second after the ball has been crossed in, I think Alfredo gets it just right. The linesman is late anyway. 

Should have went to specsavers

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

He didn’t play well, but the effort was there IMO. 

Contributed more than some quite frankly. 

I noticed a big difference in him when Cummins came on. I think this 1 up front when you're facing 10 men behind the ball isn't the best for him.

On 04/02/2018 at 14:12, Bronzy said:

I agree he's had a few, but often he scores even when not playing particularly well.

True, but putting chances away is a major issue for us - Saturday being a great example.  We need someone up there that can convert the chances they get, or at least enough to get us a point or 3.  We have dropped so many points this season when we have dominated games, and this is what it boils down to.  And its unacceptable. 

If we were simply not good enough and were dropping the points, then fair enough, the issues lye elsewhere, but its not the case on the majority of the losses, we were the better team.

You can’t put the blame on Morelos, he’s already top scorer in the league, so that suggests he’s converting enough of his chances. I agree though, we are creating enough chances so if we’re not clinical enough it’s because he needs a strike partner. Murty has to change the formation to play two up front. 

20 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

You can’t put the blame on Morelos, he’s already top scorer in the league, so that suggests he’s converting enough of his chances. I agree though, we are creating enough chances so if we’re not clinical enough it’s because he needs a strike partner. Murty has to change the formation to play two up front. 

He gets caught offside way too often,

Take Saturday's "goal"as an example.

32 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

Its a low standard of being "top goalscorer". Usually they are sitting above 20 by the end of the season. I dont think he is as good as some of us believe. I think we will regret not punting him for the supposed 8M as we are never getting a title race on and we could get 2nd without him from this point forward.

36 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

He may be the top scorer but his conversion rate must be quite poor. He misses some amount of chances, I dont mind a striker missing half chances which is natural but he has missed a good few sitters. I would say that if he was to step up a level in quality then he may struggle scoring as many goals as the chance will be fewer.

I think hes frustrated by the system isolating him, and frustrated by the chances he misses. The treatment he gets from refs where he is penalised or booked often for fouls against him just exacerbates this. 

This being affected by frustration is a negative. He needs to find a way to turn into a motivation, go immediately hunting his next chance. But he is young, that will come, he'll improve for it.

I don't doubt his effort and i reckon the above was more the problem in Saturday than him being distracted by the bids for him. For a cheap 21 year old his return is good (could be better) as is his potential.

On 04/02/2018 at 20:45, James Rolle said:

Watched this clip again many times, and I think the pause is a fraction late , the ball is already struck - it’s a very fine line, but I’m giving us the benefit of the doubt 

Pause it yourself then. You will still see he is offside! 

Archived