GeeSS

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, miracle said:

I seem to remember Trevor Steven's transfer to Marseille in 1991 involved a kit deal with Adidas as a sweetener as Bernard Tapie owned Adidas at the time.

He actually owned adidas? I'm surprised at that. I'd have assumed they were always under German ownership.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Would have liked @GeeSSĀ to stay in the thread for a wee while after posting that info, it would be good to hear a bit more about where he got the info from. Not expecting names but just more about why he is confident it is true.Ā 

I think it's a lot of shite I still think it will be Puma and Sports Direct.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think it's a lot of shite I still think it will be Puma and Sports Direct.

I just don't know mate, but I am wary of posts like thisĀ when the poster seems to leave the thread as soon as they make it and leave everyone to argue about something that could be total shite. :whistle:

The only thing to do isĀ :lol:Ā at least until he comes back with some more info.Ā Ā 

13 minutes ago, The hustler said:

Tapie saved adidas from bankruptcy IIRC

Rescued Addas in the 90's and was that not then followed by a dodgy deal where he sold Adidas and then had to later pay back millions?

Anyhow I'd be happy if we got a deal with Adidas, reckon the Admiral stuff is BS.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Were you scunnered by this chain of events?Ā 

Sure was bud. Bought a pair of brown Puma Romas, turned up to the youth club, every cunt had British Knights on. Put them in a box and stored them in the attic, had the last laugh 20 years later.

Thought folk were being overly dramatic about a kit manufacturer so thought I would go for a google. Seems the drama queens might be right. The only team I recogniseĀ that they supply is AFC Wimbledon - probably mentioned somewhere in these 5 pages thus far. But if that's the best deal then we have to take it and hope the quality of the shirts is decent. I'd expect the club to insist on a certain standard and QC some samples first.

34 minutes ago, The Scunner said:

I remember when Puma were fashionable, then weren't fashionable, then became fashionable again.

I remember owning Ellesse gear about 20 years ago. A few years after that it was a tramp's brand. I've seen a few people wearing it recently, either it's made a comeback or I'm spending too much time in slums

4 minutes ago, Amato said:

I remember owning Ellesse gear about 20 years ago. A few years after that it was a tramp's brand. I've seen a few people wearing it recently, either it's made a comeback or I'm spending too much time in slums

Ellesse is a good make imoĀ 

I would like to think that Admiral has moved on from the days of shirts falling apart after a few washes. Such is the standard required now, I find it hard to believe that Rangers would enter into a contract with a company who will produce shoddy goods. If there is ever a fan base in the World who are able to spot a dodgy deal and shitey quality it is us after what we have been subjected to over the last ten years.Ā 

When it comes to merchandising, we are the Golden Goose of Scottish football, produce a quality product, we will buy it regardless of the ridiculous mark up, produce an inferior product or subject us to a ludicrous retail contract then the tumbleweed will gather around the Megastore.

5 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I would like to think that Admiral have moved on from the days of shirts falling apart after a few washes. Such is the standard required now, I find it hard to believe that Rangers would enter into a contract with a company who will produce shoddy goods.

Probably find that all brands of shirts are made in the same Asian sweatshop. At the end of the day, go with whoever is giving the most money. No fucking brainer.

5 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Got some info from a vey good source....: Rangers have agreed new retail deal with Fanatics based in Manchester (formerly Kitbag). I believe they will run online retail and be responsible for producing product as well as store at the ground.Ā They also currently run Man Utd, Man City, Everton and Aston Villa's online shop (and Celtics)AlsoĀ F1 and Wimbledon tennis but Man Utd, celtic and Wimbledon moving away from them

also have it on good authority that Puma are reluctant to renew the kit deal(good news) and the club have an offer on the table from Admiral (bad news)

How good is your source? Just curious as theres some nasty rumours that frequently circulate.

11 minutes ago, The Scunner said:

Probably find that all brands of shirts are made in the same Asian sweatshop. At the end of the day, go with whoever is giving the most money. No fucking brainer.

The sweatshop probability is around 99%, hence my comment about the ridiculous mark up, however there is a difference between the quality of material and production that those poor souls in these workhouses are given to work with. Given that the next retail deal, free of Sports Direct & Ashley must be considered the second most important income stream after Season Ticket sales, Rangers simply cannot afford to screw it up by putting snidey goods on sale.