MrMckee

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, The Gers said:

Maybe so. But as a very good young player, would you get noticed more playing for Rangers or shite like QPR?

Rangers play against utter dross week in week out. QPR are playing against teams better than themselves and teams 10, 20, 30 times better than what we play week in week out so he'll get noticed more up here naturally. They obviously rate him as they've said he's not for sale. He's probably too raw for a relegation battle with them just now.

Apart from the Hibs game i reckon he has been a major influence in our current form. Far from outstanding but whenever i see him in the flesh i see a very composed player and passer, and a player who brings a bit of slight calmness to our play. Albeit a very shortlived moment of calmness in the madness that is Scottish football.

26 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

He's probably too raw for a relegation battle with them just now.

Really ?  Only a few weeks ago since Holloway stuck young Paul Smyth who started the season part-time with Linfield !  One of Holloway's traits when his sides are struggling is to promote YT players to the first team to try to deflect the wrath of the support , His time at Millwall being a good example .

Goss has IMO given us what we've looked for in the DM position for the past few seasons , Disciplined , Composed on the ball , and a good range of passing . His set piece delivery has also been an improvement on what we've had recently (TBF , It wouldn't be hard ) . I can see why Ferdinand would talk the boy up but I don't think it would be beyond us to get a permanent deal done if MA & next seasons boss ( Murty IMO ) thinks he is worth pursuing .

No player got pass marks against hibs ,  so I wouldn't  read too much into his performance that day . 

Arrogant as it sounds, it was only Ayr we were playing. Performances in the league so far have been ok but nothing outstanding. Having said that he has certainly improved an area of the team that was crying out for it. His set-piece delivery looks excellent and should be exploited as often as possible. Wouldn't be averse to signing him permanently.

There is a lot to like about the guy, passing, vision, reads the game well, always looking for space and runners, composed in possession. Good early indicators of a solid midfielder with good potential, would like a wee bit longer before going over the top with him.

Good stuff, definitely a plus so far imo :tu: 

Good passer, good going forward, should also improve our dead ball options.

Still a question mark over him defensively although hopefully Murty can improve the cover around him by playing McCorie beside him. Against Hibs he let McGinn go past him and score. In the second half against Hibs he also gave a Hibs player a free header around the penalty spot which they should have scored with to make it 0-2. 

Agree that he's done well and been a good signing so far but need to see how he performs against the top teams before attempting anything permanent.

Looks like a quality player that could improve a level or 2, he’s tidy on the ball, can pick a pass, can shoot accurately from outside the box, can take a decent free kick but unfortunately dosent look like it will be at us he’s supposed to be well thought of at QPR 

still we can enjoy him till our injuries clear up can’t see him keeping dorrans or jack out the team or mccrorie in the holding role when all fit

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

very tidy player and you can tell he came through the man utd academy.  iirc man utd had high hopes for him replacing carrick until i broke his back i think??

racking my brain here but who was the last german to play for us before goss??  klos??

Anti Niemi