Should poor permances from key players get dropped?

dave7867

5 minutes ago, Hamie said:

Morelos has an ability that you can't coach and that no amount of training can give you. 

The ability to just 'move on' not to mull over missed opportunity and simply say fuck it I'll get the next one. 

this ability can separate the very top players in a lot of sports. 

This. His knack for doing this is far greater than his footballing ability, which is still very good, and it’s the main reason why we should be demanding a fortune for him whenever it’s time for him to go. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Morelos not scoring doesn’t mean he has had a bad game, he worked his arse off and his link up play was excellent. 

Windass was poor yesterday really poor, he should’ve been off at halftime or 10mins into the second half for Cummings. 

Agree with this; also have to remember Morelos was playing against three centre backs on his own.

His movement dragged them all over the place and much of the space created yesterday was because of his positioning when he didn’t have the ball. 

Morelos I thought his overall game play was good, nice hold up play and also put Candeias a couple of times. Windass should have been hooked when he missed the first sitter. Had been posted missing the full game and that chance summed up his game. To me it should have been a straight swap with him and Cummings

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Didn’t think Morelos was bad yesterday bar the header in the 1st half he should’ve done much better. The keeper saved well from him in the second. 

Windass summed himself up yesterday. Hardly in the game but should’ve scored 2.  The keeper made 2 good saves. 

If it wasn’t for the keeper we’d be talking about another Windass double and Morelos scoring again

Morelos can add more to a game than goals. Windass can't and he can't do goals against the better teams.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Morelos can add more to a game than goals. Windass can't and he can't do goals against the better teams.

Correct. Morelos never scored yesterday, missed a couple of chances, but still had a very good game. If Windass doesn’t score we’ve basically played with 10 men. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Except for the fact he’s scored against Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs. In fact, more goals against the top teams than Morelos I think. 

11 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

This. His knack for doing this is far greater than his footballing ability, which is still very good, and it’s the main reason why we should be demanding a fortune for him whenever it’s time for him to go. 

You really should change your name mate. Its distasteful at best and downright offensive at worst. 

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

He is but that’s what you need to do as a loan striker

Agreed, but if Cummings was on with him then he would have someone to cross to when out wide. Candeias doesn't get in the box when the ball goes down the left and Morelos is really good outside the box, whereas Windlass is useless. 

I don’t understand the need for this question if it’s specific to yesterday. 

It was 1-0 going on ten nil. Their keeper played a blinder. It happens. 

They created nothing of substance and for the first game in a while I never felt we would concede. 

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You're name being a "tribute" to Papac's awful childhood is pretty brutal and something I wouldn't expect from a Rangers fan. 

Ah I get you now. Maybe I’ll change it to “Redwhiteandblue can get himself so far to fuck that he falls right off the forum”.

Before people complain, I am not anti Cummings but I thought that the difference in style between him and Morelos meant that when we swapped them Hearts had more time to play the ball around the back 4 and probe potential forward balls that could hurt us. Yes Morelos didn't have his best game in front of goal but his hassling of the hearts back 4 was worthy of his selection. Windass just has one of these games where nothing went right for him. I expected him to go off for Cummings not Morelos but neither should be dropped on the basis of 1 game, a run if 3 or 4 games then that is different. 

Windass was poor yesterday but did thread a peach of a pass through for Murphy (i think) that could have led to a goal, i thought he tried harder to get involved yesterday instead of hiding like he has been known to do.

Morelos wasn't at his best and had 2 chances to put someone else in for an easy finish but elected to shoot.

50 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Morelos. Put Cummings up top. 

How often is Morelos in the six yard box? Its usually him putting the crosses in when were on the break. 

49 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

I’d have Cummings in for him and push him further up alongside Morelos. 

47 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Miller

Exactly, they answers prove my point. 

Nobody else can play there. Dorrans probably can but won’t be as much of a threat carrying the ball from deep as Windass is. 

Need another in the summer to challenge Windass, as he can be inconsistent. 

Morelos still brings so much to the team outwith goals he cant and shouldnt be dropped.

Windass had a poor game but he was still getting into those positions for the chances and on a different day he has a hat trick and were singing his praises, granted he should have been subbed as it clearly wasnt happening for him but he should still be starting on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Bluenose88 said:

They created nothing of substance and for the first game in a while I never felt we would concede. 

Strange how many times that happens to us against other teams.

3 hours ago, Bluenose88 said:

Not quite true.  Foderingham had to make two really good saves.