Should poor permances from key players get dropped?

dave7867

3 hours ago, PRW. said:

Exactly, they answers prove my point. 

Nobody else can play there. Dorrans probably can but won’t be as much of a threat carrying the ball from deep as Windass is. 

Need another in the summer to challenge Windass, as he can be inconsistent. 

Murphy looks more effective more centrally than stuck out on the left. But again there's no real solution on the left unless we moved DJ to left wing and there were changes at the back (either Wallace left back or we go 3 CHs).

The solution is for Windass to get his finger out and contribute each and every game.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morelos didnt have a bad game. A lot of the best strikers in football miss chances but they keep getting into those positions amd then the law of averages take over and they score.

Windass is a dilema for me. He was exceptiomally poor yesterday but he has had games like that all season where he is non existant for the match but then pops up with a goal. It's hard for a manager to sub that threat out.

8 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Windass was back to his usual self yesterday. Lazy, hiding from the ball, powderpuff in the challenge and wasted two chances that should’ve 100% been goals. That’s the real Windass. Goals against oil workers, Hamilton and a knackered Ayr are no use if you can’t carry it on against the proper teams on a regular basis. Even if we finish the season winning nothing, he’ll be delighted because he’s scored a few goals. Get him punted in the summer. 

Fucking hell. What a lot of utter shite 

As many have said windass was our weakest link yesterday but only because he missed chances, it frustrates me but I can handle it cos he is getting better, he makes good runs an use of space that’s why he gets so many chances in a game, play somebody else there an they probely won’t get the chances windass does and if he scored every time he gets the chance he wouldn’t be at Rangers.

anyway I know he splits opinion you either like him as a player or you don’t but other than windass I think every other player in the team to a man was on it..even Morelos I’d have hooked windass for Cummings 

cant believe big Bates is keeping a player of alves quality out the team, big man can be shaky at times but like windass he’s learning an no doubt getting better never put a foot wrong yesterday

18 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Is he?

I think so, having Cummings on the park excites me whereas Windass general play depresses me. Recently he's made up for that by chipping in with a few goals and a few decent moments but that's been 3/4 weeks out of 2 seasons and he was back to his normal self on Saturday in a game where just about everyone in a blue jersey turned up.

I know some like Windass and I can see why to an extent, there's a player in there somewhere but I think opposing defences would be much more frightened at the prospect of us having Cummings up top 

21 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Morelos didnt have a bad game. A lot of the best strikers in football miss chances but they keep getting into those positions amd then the law of averages take over and they score.

Windass is a dilema for me. He was exceptiomally poor yesterday but he has had games like that all season where he is non existant for the match but then pops up with a goal. It's hard for a manager to sub that threat out.

Well our manager seems quite willing to sub the threat of Morelos out to accommodate Cummings.  He's even dropped the top scorer for him.  

On 25/02/2018 at 12:32, five stars said:

Has Windass had an excellent game at Ibrox this season? He seems better suited to away games.

My lad was saying at the game that only 2 of his goals have come at Ibrox - Dundee & Partick.