Scottish Football

3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Kingsley is some signing from Hearts.

good game to watch but i reckon the dundee manager will not last long the way he set his team up in the 1st half was shocking  hearts wide players and midfield  had the freedom of the park 

Not sure whether this will be good or bad for us but they are looking now apparently at what clubs want to do if the season cannot be completed. 

From BBC web site:

SPFL: Contingency for incomplete season to be discussed by all 42 clubs

By Brian McLauchlin BBC Scotland

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster was at the heart of often-rancorous debate on how to end last season after play stopped in March

All 42 Scottish Professional Football League clubs will be consulted on contingency plans for another incomplete season.

The governing body aims to formulate a strategy for titles, promotions and relegations in the event of a coronavirus-related curtailment.

Clubs will be asked a series of questions regarding their views.

However, only if there is a consensus of similar opinion is it likely a formal ballot will take place.

In late July, the SPFL board lost a vote to take control of the season should there be a repeat of the Covid-19 shutdown.

The plans for a consultation with clubs emerged after all 42 SPFL sides held a meeting on Monday morning.

Several games have already been postponed this season, with Motherwell's last two fixtures called off on the day of the match after their opponents - Kilmarnock and St Mirren - did not have a sufficient number of players to get the matches on.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Not sure whether this will be good or bad for us but they are looking now apparently at what clubs want to do if the season cannot be completed. 

From BBC web site:

SPFL: Contingency for incomplete season to be discussed by all 42 clubs

By Brian McLauchlin BBC Scotland

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster was at the heart of often-rancorous debate on how to end last season after play stopped in March

All 42 Scottish Professional Football League clubs will be consulted on contingency plans for another incomplete season.

The governing body aims to formulate a strategy for titles, promotions and relegations in the event of a coronavirus-related curtailment.

Clubs will be asked a series of questions regarding their views.

However, only if there is a consensus of similar opinion is it likely a formal ballot will take place.

In late July, the SPFL board lost a vote to take control of the season should there be a repeat of the Covid-19 shutdown.

The plans for a consultation with clubs emerged after all 42 SPFL sides held a meeting on Monday morning.

Several games have already been postponed this season, with Motherwell's last two fixtures called off on the day of the match after their opponents - Kilmarnock and St Mirren - did not have a sufficient number of players to get the matches on.

A precedent has been set ,I find it very difficult to believe that we won’t be able to play at least 75pc of the fixtures between now and the end of May 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

A precedent has been set ,I find it very difficult to believe that we won’t be able to play at least 75pc of the fixtures between now and the end of May 

I am not sure what to think about what they are doing with this.

In a normal country you would say this is good forward planning so that IF it does go wrong in a big way, then everyone knows what will happen, but it is Doncaster and I instantly think him and Liewell are up to something. 

Paranoid ? Yes I certainly am when these people are involved. :smokingcowboy:

19 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I am not sure what to think about what they are doing with this.

In a normal country you would say this is good forward planning so that IF it does go wrong in a big way, then everyone knows what will happen, but it is Doncaster and I instantly think him and Liewell are up to something. 

Paranoid ? Yes I certainly am when these people are involved. :smokingcowboy:

Shite state of affairs when your second guessing every single thing that goes on,Some may call it paranoia ,But I’m no a young naive cunt ,I’m 50 next year and I’m constantly looking at the way we get fucked over ,I have done since 2008 .These cunts have the baws of the system in their hands and they are not ashamed to squeeze them to get their own way .

6 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Shite state of affairs when your second guessing every single thing that goes on,Some may call it paranoia ,But I’m no a young naive cunt ,I’m 50 next year and I’m constantly looking at the way we get fucked over ,I have done since 2008 .These cunts have the baws of the system in their hands and they are not ashamed to squeeze them to get their own way .

It is a hellish state of affairs indeed.

I am now 67, no idea how that happened 😁 and yes we are not youngsters but just going with what we have experienced over the last years. 

30 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Sheep pumping hamilton right now they better turn up on sunday and not roll over like they normally do against paedo fc

Genuinely think Paedo FC don’t like empty stadiums so hopefully the sheep can get something, Even a draw would be good.

On 20/10/2020 at 00:42, SteveEarle said:

What we need to worry about is the lengths Liewell and Doncaster will go to to ensure the ‘consensus of opinion’ is the one they want it to be. 

Well well well, this is from the BBC website tonight.

"The SPFL says "several clubs" have had a change of heart and indicated support for giving the board power to decide another incomplete season"

Wonder what caused that..............?:headwall:

Here we go again!