Scottish Football

Glad they went up but it's not hard to see why he gets shite when he says things like:

And the jubilant ex- Rangers and Scotland skipper beamed: “It’s amazing. What an achievement.

“A lot of people were surprised I took this job 33 months ago but I knew if I was given the tools to make a go of it.

“This is up there with everything I’ve done in football, 100 per cent. It’s got to be.

On 22/05/2021 at 20:23, .Williamson. said:

Breaking news for CR3. Protestant schools literally don’t exist 

Also, no.

Maybe not officially, but I remember my whole primary school walking to Church for Easter, and Christmas services.

On 22/05/2021 at 21:49, CR3 said:

Schools that go to Church of Scotland churches for services 

Mine did this as well. I don't think there were any catholics at my school, that I knew of anyway.

Everybody hated going to Church, but also hated the papes at the school across the road.

That's what happens when you split kids up at a young age I suppose...

20 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Glad they went up but it's not hard to see why he gets shite when he says things like:

And the jubilant ex- Rangers and Scotland skipper beamed: “It’s amazing. What an achievement.

“A lot of people were surprised I took this job 33 months ago but I knew if I was given the tools to make a go of it.

“This is up there with everything I’ve done in football, 100 per cent. It’s got to be.

Get what you’re saying but it seems a lesser accolade as a manager probably equates to more of a reward than being a player after the countless hours setting up a team, making decisions and taking responsibility I’d imagine.  For example, Gerrards won the champions league but said winning the SPFL was right up there.. and it’s not like Scottish football is on the same planet never mind level of winning the the best trophy in club football if we’re being honest. (For folks outside the goldfish bowl generally)

18 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Everybody hated going to Church, but also hated the papes at the school across the road..

We had one right across the road aswell, facing each other. The road was literally a religious divide😂 There was a bit of back and forth when both were out at lunch playing football.

14 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Get what you’re saying but it seems a lesser accolade as a manager probably equates to more of a reward than being a player after the countless hours setting up a team, making decisions and taking responsibility I’d imagine.  For example, Gerrards won the champions league but said winning the SPFL was right up there.. and it’s not like Scottish football is on the same planet never mind level of winning the the best trophy in club football if we’re being honest. (For folks outside the goldfish bowl generally)

It's nothing like the same tbh

Just now, Jeffrey said:

It's nothing like the same tbh

Both are lesser accolades (seen by everyone else) they won as a manager compared to what they achieved or won  as a player, in simple terms. But if you’re going further into it by thinking getting a pub team with a shoe-string budget into the second division is not a good achievement, just because it’s basically one of the lowest tiers of football then that’s up to you, in comparison to rangers winning the league bearing in mind there was millions spent to get there. They’ve both said the exact same thing that it was up there with the best things they won as a player so it’s no really a debate. (They said it)

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Both are lesser accolades (seen by everyone else) they won as a manager compared to what they achieved or won  as a player, in simple terms. But if you’re going further into it by thinking getting a pub team with a shoe-string budget into the second division is not a good achievement, just because it’s basically one of the lowest tiers of football then that’s up to you, in comparison to rangers winning the league bearing in mind there was millions spent to get there. They’ve both said the exact same thing that it was up there with the best things they won as a player so it’s no really a debate. (They said it)

I'm not reading that

54 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Maybe not officially, but I remember my whole primary school walking to Church for Easter, and Christmas services.

Mine did this as well. I don't think there were any catholics at my school, that I knew of anyway.

Everybody hated going to Church, but also hated the papes at the school across the road.

That's what happens when you split kids up at a young age I suppose...

Shocking.

Thankfully im not from a backward country like that 

48 minutes ago, CR3 said:

We had one right across the road aswell, facing each other. The road was literally a religious divide😂 There was a bit of back and forth when both were out at lunch playing football.

While some of you on your side of the “divide” ran around in celtic shirts?

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

While some of you on your side of the “divide” ran around in celtic shirts?

I went into PE with the 1996/7 McEwans Lager top and got told I couldn’t wear it as it was promoting alcohol an I was 9 year old 😂 are you alluding to Conway? He was at the same high school, this was primary... and I wasn’t at the taig school so you could count with one hand anyone who supported that lot.

6 hours ago, CR3 said:

I went into PE with the 1996/7 McEwans Lager top and got told I couldn’t wear it as it was promoting alcohol an I was 9 year old 😂 are you alluding to Conway? He was at the same high school, this was primary... and I wasn’t at the taig school so you could count with one hand anyone who supported that lot.

I wasn’t allowed to wear Rangers tops for football practice in primary school. Everyone else wearing their English clubs tops but I was told no.

Never made sense because every child in the school came from a Protestant family and the school itself was in a loyalist area. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57221646

Heard this on the news.  Unusual for them to report on a game at this level. 

Rangers player on loan at Brechin sent off for homophobic slur

Rangers are to investigate alleged use of foul and abusive language of a homophobic nature by Christopher McKee while on loan to Brechin City.