Murty times up mate

K.A.I

Just now, Boybluesy said:

Both Rodgers and Clarke targeted Goss. Outgunned in midfield and no Morelos physicality up front. Pish starting line-up and out thought in formation.

Morelos not being in the team was a a massive mistake.  His physical presence is a massive part to our player and as much as I like Cummings, he is not a one-striker player.  It's all fair and saying he is learning but at the end of the day we should not be a club to be learning.

Ask yourself this;

If slanty eyes lawell had been given the chance to manage Rangers boardroom to help the scum to 9 in a row would he have done much worse than king and co without raising suspicion?

I say it would be on the same level, atrocious managerial appointments and wasting millions on shit players while getting rid of assets for virtually nothing.

I was holding judgement on Murty till season end, but I think I have seen enough.

The inability to break down inferior teams at Ibrox painfully showed again. A distinct lack of tactical awareness. Apparenlty we are top of the away results league but sixth in the home results league. That form does not win leagues. Doesn't matter if we win the cup now, it's all about the league and I don't think Murty has it.

But I do think we were looking at the next permanent manager of Ibrox today - if he wants it. Just tell the Killie board where to go if they try and insert an unpayable release clause into your contract, Stevie.

As I said in the match thread, we can lay blame at the manager and the players all we like, but they are what they are and that is many limited and some with potential. Neither this squad or the manager are taking us to any titles or the cup. Not much point in slating players or the manager any further. The season is over. It's as futile as it is pointless. Our future success rests outwith their hands.

The responsibility for delivering success lies squarely on the shoulders of the board. They may have done their best with their own limited wealth and acumen, but they cannot and will not take us to titles. They have collectively failed. It will matter not who the next manager is until the prerequiste funding is available to both bring in a proven winnng manager of substance and players with the ability and winning mentality to take a title. We are currently way off that.

We need to rebuild from the keeper out. Some decent guys in there, but they are all part of the problem. Very few are of the calibre needed. To  get the consistency and overhaul the scum we need a step change in the quality of the squad and manager. Otherwise be prepared for more of the same for a long time to come.

27 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

He better not come back and say we need to learn from this. That lip service is done Mr Murty. Baws need booted now! 

His analysis of the game was spot on and interesting (what I heard on radio catholic in car home) bud it’s irrelevant as he knows fine well the issues but can’t get through to the players - if you can’t get through then you aren’t any good 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

His analysis of the game was spot on and interesting (what I heard on radio catholic in car home) bud it’s irrelevant as he knows fine well the issues but can’t get through to the players - if you can’t get through then you aren’t any good 

Agreed, that why I said baws need booted now. (The players baws). As Alice Cooper said. “No more Mr nice guy”. Does Murty have that in him? Not so sure. 

53 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agree to an extent. I 100% don't think Murty has what it takes to manage us. The players however, are nowhere near good enough, they lack mental toughness in particular. I'm not sure what any manager could do to "get through" to them. 

What's sad is the way idiots get all carried away with dross like Windass, Foderingham and Tavernier. These are guys who've been constants in pathetic Rangers teams.

The fuss when "tav" signed a new contract was embarrassing. We shouldn't be desperate to keep ANY of the current squad. Losers, all of them. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

Agree to an extent. I 100% don't think Murty has what it takes to manage us. The players however, are nowhere near good enough, they lack mental toughness in particular. I'm not sure what any manager could do to "get through" to them. 

What's said is the way idiots get all carried away with dross like Windass, Foderingham and Tavernier. These are guys who've been constants in pathetic Rangers teams.

The fuss when "tav" signed a new contract was embarrassing. We shouldn't be desperate to keep ANY of the current squad. Losers, all of them. 

Tav is awful couldn’t believe it a couple of weeks ago people saying he’s out best player 

I believed at the time the board announced in December that GM would be in place to the end of the season , that the job was his to lose and finishing second and a good Scottish cup run (semi's at least ) would be enough for the boards ambitions atm . I , along with most of the support were willing to give him a chance to prove that he could learn from the mistakes he had previously shown , and especially give him the time to put his own stamp on the squad . Unfortunately results like today are no longer a shock and the management team seem to be unable to adapt tactics during a game or more disappointingly lift the players to at least give us 100% effort when things aren't going our way . IMO the tide of support for Murty from the stands has turned against him in the last week and I think he faces an uphill task to win the wider support round , though it won't surprise me if the board overlook his obvious failings and deem his work so far to be enough to make him permanent boss .

No disrespect to Murty however we need a top manager to come in with backroom staff to fully assess the squad situation in order to begin the process of removing a vast portion who're not Rangers class whereafter identifying and recruiting players who are. We also require clarity at boardroom level. There's much work to be done on and off the field and it should begin very rapidly indeed to ready ourselves to win the title next season. We deserve far far better than this. 

6 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

I believed at the time the board announced in December that GM would be in place to the end of the season , that the job was his to lose and finishing second and a good Scottish cup run (semi's at least ) would be enough for the boards ambitions atm . I , along with most of the support were willing to give him a chance to prove that he could learn from the mistakes he had previously shown , and especially give him the time to put his own stamp on the squad . Unfortunately results like today are no longer a shock and the management team seem to be unable to adapt tactics during a game or more disappointingly lift the players to at least give us 100% effort when things aren't going our way . IMO the tide of support for Murty from the stands has turned against him in the last week and I think he faces an uphill task to win the wider support round , though it won't surprise me if the board overlook his obvious failings and deem his work so far to be enough to make him permanent boss .

If the board appointment murty as permanent manager in the summer it's a straight up admission that they don't have the funds or the ability to take the club foward. 

It worries me that possible mangers who can do a job are being put off by the amatuer way this board has operated. 

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

reminds me so much of Warburton it's unreal. 1 set of tactics and no ability to change it if games aren't going our way.

It's not even his tactic.  He's took a look at celtic's 4-2-3-1 and copied it.  That's fine when it's working but when it doesn't Murty has no fucking clue what to do.  

Clubs pack the midfield against us, work hard, put themselves about, and we fall apart.  We need more physicality and fight in that midfield.  

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Decent guy and did well to galvanise the players and raise spirits after the Caixinha disaster but ultimately not what we need and has blown any chance he had of getting it full time now.

That's the thing , Anyone looking at his overall record would agree that results like today , Rugby park , Dens etc would show that we're not learning from past mistakes and don't look like improving sufficiently to properly challenge for the title next season but as I said above , I wouldn't be surprised if the board give him the job in the summer .

It's shocking that a club of our standing seem to be struggling to attract a decent calibre of candidate to fill the managers job .

Every man back defending at set-peices is like back to the Ally days, last week we done it and invited pressure from the beggars, today we did it again and i had just said it to my mate when Cummings (in right back position) boots the ball up the park to no cunt, the ball gets knocked back in and it's a goal.

Fucking terrible.

While I don’t think Murty should be in his current role beyond the end of this season, part of me is thinking ‘better the devil you know’. I honestly dread to think what bampot this board have lined up for next season. No doubt another no mark, suave talking yahoo who will go on about dogs chasing fucking caravans and taking care of the football. 

42 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's not even his tactic.  He's took a look at celtic's 4-2-3-1 and copied it.  That's fine when it's working but when it doesn't Murty has no fucking clue what to do.  

Clubs pack the midfield against us, work hard, put themselves about, and we fall apart.  We need more physicality and fight in that midfield.  

I get that murty is inexperienced but how can he not have worked out a game plan to go against packed midfields and defences.

Every team coming to ibrox right now knows exactly what we are going to do before we even do it. 

13 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I get that murty is inexperienced but how can he not have worked out a game plan to go against packed midfields and defences.

Every team coming to ibrox right now knows exactly what we are going to do before we even do it. 

its like fucking warbs 2.0