Board On Their Knees Begging Walter To Return

20 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Did he have a bigger budget than the tarriers in his last spell when he got to a European final and we were league champions 3 in a row?

Walter spent an absolute fortune in both of his spells. 

52 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Compared to what were spending now it was a fortune but i dont think Walter should be criticised for over spending

I agree but there seems to be some myth that Walter worked with little to no money in his second spell when it simply isn’t the case. That’s not me criticising him in anyway I appreciate the job he done. 

6 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Just checked the latest odds for next Rangers Manager. I couldn't see Walter on the list, but I noticed McInnes is still there at 8-1.

The backlash on a McInnes appointment now would be enormous. Even our board can't be daft enough to think this is still a legitimate option.

On 3/25/2018 at 09:50, Bydo said:

So... basically he has no proof of this happening whatsoever?

Pish.

Exactly.

And ..... “The most damning indictment of that job right now is that Walter Smith won’t take it,”

eh?  nothing to do with his age and wanting to enjoy his family etc?  What a fuckwit article.

9 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The backlash on a McInnes appointment now would be enormous. Even our board can't be daft enough to think this is still a legitimate option.

Thats what i think, but stranger things have happened. And it could easily be spun ie he wanted to see the season out with Aberdeen, didn't want to drop them mid campaign etc etc. Anything can be spun nowadays.

14 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We just simply need better than him, regardless of what has already gone on.  Nothing would surprise me anymore, be very interesting to see what happens in a few months time once the season is over.  

44 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Thats what i think, but stranger things have happened. And it could easily be spun ie he wanted to see the season out with Aberdeen, didn't want to drop them mid campaign etc etc. Anything can be spun nowadays.

40 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

We just simply need better than him, regardless of what has already gone on.  Nothing would surprise me anymore, be very interesting to see what happens in a few months time once the season is over.  

It would take some spin doctor to get McInnes accepted after his rejection. While I don't think Murty is the man to take us forward. He's beaten Mcinnes 3 x times. He's also managed to get 2 points against Brenda while Mcinnes has lost 10 straight. Replacing Murty with Mcinnes would be the dumbest decision this board could make. The scary part it would not surprise me if they did this. 

If we decide to go for a manager in the league, Clarke is the best contender. 

1 hour ago, SK RFC said:

I agree but there seems to be some myth that Walter worked with little to no money in his second spell when it simply isn’t the case. That’s not me criticising him in anyway I appreciate the job he done. 

Well when you look at the wage bills and transfer fees the likes of Barcelona, Lyon, Sporting, Werder Bremen and Fiorentina were paying id imagine it was quite a bit more than what we were paying. He got us to a UEFA Final without spending an excessive amount

50 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Well when you look at the wage bills and transfer fees the likes of Barcelona, Lyon, Sporting, Werder Bremen and Fiorentina were paying id imagine it was quite a bit more than what we were paying. He got us to a UEFA Final without spending an excessive amount

He spent 14m on the team the season we reached the UEFA cup final. The teams mentioned above could spend that on a squad player.

Pedro spent 10m in the summer and couldn't even get the team out of the 1st round.

While Smith did spend money it's not a lot more than what we've spent recently. His biggest spend was his 2nd full season at 20m. And a lot of that came off the hutton sale and the money the UEFA cup run generated.

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If we're picking an option from Scotland I don't think McInnes would be the best option anymore.  Steve Clarke has completely outshone him this season.  

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

If we're picking an option from Scotland I don't think McInnes would be the best option anymore.  Steve Clarke has completely outshone him this season.  

I said the same myself in another post.

If we decide to go for a manager in the league, Clarke is the best contender. 

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Just checked the latest odds for next Rangers Manager. I couldn't see Walter on the list, but I noticed McInnes is still there at 8-1.

What were the odds on Jack Ross and Stevie Clarke? Spent ten minutes trying to find it but gave up!

3 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Provan once declared the Peace Process in Northern Ireland could be put at risk by the release of our orange top.

Need I say more ?

You don't need to but please do, that made me laugh.

Any other crackers?

4 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The backlash on a McInnes appointment now would be enormous. 

Any 'backlash' would be totally irrelevant and the past forgotten if he started winning games.   Not that I think we should go for him now.

11 minutes ago, Briton said:

Any 'backlash' would be totally irrelevant and the past forgotten if he started winning games.   Not that I think we should go for him now.

It's not just the fan backlash. It would make our board look even weaker appointing a man who turned the job down. 

For me once you knock back the Rangers job. You should never be in consideration again. 

We're never appointing Walter. He's completely different to the approach the board are taking with the DOF, youth overhawl etc. We all know Walter would get us winning but he'd fill our team with cloggers and would bypass the youth/attack minded players.

I love Walter, but let the man have his retirement. He first retired almost 20 years ago, do you think his heart is still in it?