Rumours at this stage

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

If we get europa league football the 1st game would be about 6 and a half weeks after the hibs game yeah

So about a week we after the seasons done we have to find a manager! I hope we are well down that road

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

When does our season re start if we make Europe ? 6-7 weeks max i'd assume. No time for fucking about looking for a manager in that case. 

Europe now there’s something to look forward to!!!!

We will have a job on our hands attracting a top class manager.

Mark Warburton and Pedro were the best we could attract In the last couple of years and I'd hazard a guess that there is less money available to us now and our main rivals have increased their bank  balance considerably in that same time period.

I don't think we will be making any significant steps forward as long as Dave King is in charge. Unless of course he decides to open his cheque book and start spending a serious amount of cash.  

3 minutes ago, insider said:

We will have a job on our hands attracting a top class manager.

Mark Warburton and Pedro were the best we could attract In the last couple of years and I'd hazard a guess that there is less money available to us now and our main rivals have increased their bank  balance considerably in that same time period.

I don't think we will be making any significant steps forward as long as Dave King is in charge. Unless of course he decides to open his cheque book and start spending a serious amount of cash.  

Caixinha wasn’t the best we could attract.

He was about 3rd best if that out of the options available. Board made a cunt of it as per.

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Caixinha wasn’t the best we could attract.

He was about 3rd best if that out of the options available. Board made a cunt of it as per.

Ok fair point.

But in the boards opinion he was the best.

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The board will be loving the fact that Murty is the scapegoat now. Yes he is not up to the job, that is clear, was far too inexperienced to lead a Partick Thistle never mind Rangers. It's the board and the players who are the real disgrace here. No effort whatsoever was put in today by those 11 on the park. That has nothing to do with tactics or the manager. That is unprofessionalism on the part of the players. Effort and will to win is the cornerstone of any team. A full time pro should not have to be told that. It's expected. The board and the players have cheated the fans today and it's an absolute disgrace.

Agree with this and also don't forget our wonderful loan master director of football Mark Allen too .. another waster ... it's a shambles from top to bottom

Despite a sorry defeat, I would have expected that Murty would continue to be the manager until the end of this season.    I'd be delighted to see that Frank de Boer is the next manager if that happens.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I believe it’s just a rumour at this stage, I’d be surprised if it’s true, he’ll want to keep his old job anyway.

I hope so. I really feel for Murty at this moment in time, King threw him into the management role, twice. He then goes and throws him under a bus to sell season ticket's. How's the guy meant to settle his team in prep for a big game after a statement like that?

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I hope so. I really feel for Murty at this moment in time, King threw him into the management role, twice. He then goes and throws him under a bus to sell season ticket's. How's the guy meant to settle his team in prep for a big game after a statement like that?

You are asking for trouble with comments like that sweetheart.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Sorry, that's not my intent.  I just can't help feeling Murty's been given the shitty end of the stick. 

Perhaps.

But that today about avoiding confrontation was a stupid thing to say and a stupid thing to do. It's his job to confront players over poor perfomances, it's job number one or number two for a manager. It's in the job description.

Of course he's been out of his depth but has helped and stood up when he's been needed, but after that confrontation stuff I don't want him involved with the development squad or in any capacity at this club. What's he going to do if he goes back to his old job, bring through a bunch of wee snowflakes who've never been confronted when their performance has been shite?

Thanks Graeme, but off you toddle now please.

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Sorry, that's not my intent.  I just can't help feeling Murty's been given the shitty end of the stick. 

I don't think the horrible bastard roman description was meant and I totally agree with you that Murty was thrown in at the deep end. What we require is a manager with a backroom team to come in and show some the door while recruiting quality replacements and gel them together into a team. Is Steve Clarke worth a shot? He's certainly working miracles with Killie and a manager who knows the English game for recruitment, possibly?

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

What the chance to Manage Rangers and get a job way above his Abilities, he's had the luckiest run of luck he will ever get it will be back to fucking it up at some youth team for him now. 

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Perhaps.

But that today about avoiding confrontation was a stupid thing to say and a stupid thing to do. It's his job to confront players over poor perfomances, it's job number one or number two for a manager. It's in the job description.

Of course he's been out of his depth but has helped and stood up when he's been needed, but after that confrontation stuff I don't want him involved with the development squad or in any capacity at this club. What's he going to do if he goes back to his old job, bring through a bunch of wee snowflakes who've never been confronted when their performance has been shite?

Thanks Graeme, but off you toddle now please.

Maybe,

I always thought Murty was good at man management, he settled the team quickly after MW and PC. Maybe the non confrontation was the right course of action for already unsettled players

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

When does our season re start if we make Europe ? 6-7 weeks max i'd assume. No time for fucking about looking for a manager in that case. 

Mate Europe? You kidding on? We can forget about Europe for a few years yet. 

Archived