Statement from A Johnston

islandblue

36 minutes ago, backup said:

The irony of king fans and acolytes enabling the installing of these spivs in The Rangers boardroom is beyond parody.

Been saying this since day one. We have the folk like myself who detest DK et al. We have the serious doubters, the fans that just follow the team and are not really interested in the boardroom, the DK fans who are finally seeing the light and then............

we have the folk who are looking out for themselves only, chasing the blue pound, accusing anyone who does not toe the party line of not supporting the team, manipulating things like RF and C1872,  etc. They need hunted out of the club at the first chance along with their masters in the directors box, never to return. We all know the names.

7 hours ago, badjon said:

Way I feel the now I would let SDM come in and right his many wrongs, oh and fuck over DK again in the process. I really am astounded reading that financial chart @Sweetheart posted above we are unable to attract anybody whatsoever to at least have a look at us, its not as if we have a 'fan base' that will wildly vary or any other thing, we are there as supporters the world over, cunts like me who inherited the Rangers ( I had no choice whatsoever in that manner in a good way as both parents are Glaswegians and Rangers ), or the many who have us as a 'second' team ( Never had a second team and with respect I cannot fathom those who do, fair enough have a liking for another side for whatever reason but to say you support that side? ) Or just people generally who know the team or the name be they football fans or not. Bit of a rant but the original quote to that I say do something - actions speak louder than words and us supporters would appreciate an interview more after the event, increasingly difficult in this instant world but heh get with the times AJ or in fact get with the fact that we are actually the people who make the club and you are the people who should do the best to make it better and so on not only for you but for us.

Murray, have a word with yourself.

What's fucking shocking is that he speaks of "progress". We're 3rd, the same position as we were last season. We've spent £6-8million on players in summer and are still get humped by the taigs, which hasn't changed despite that outlay.

I struggle to see on what fucking planet that could be described as progess, if anything thats a monumental fuck up

48 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

What's fucking shocking is that he speaks of "progress". We're 3rd, the same position as we were last season. We've spent £6-8million on players in summer and are still get humped by the taigs, which hasn't changed despite that outlay.

I struggle to see on what fucking planet that could be described as progess, if anything thats a monumental fuck up

We’re second mate. 

10 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

That's shocking.  The Club's graphs look slightly better but with the same downwards trend. https://companycheck.co.uk/company/SC425159/THE-Rangers-FOOTBALL-CLUB-LIMITED/financials

I find it hard to put these two together and work out that they mean.  The Club has a higher net worth than the parent Company but everything else (cash, assets and liabilities) is much the same.

Is it just a timing thing, with the Club's accounts coming out AFTER the Company's?  If so, does this mean we're on the up and the Company's next audited accounts should reflect the same improving picture?

52 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We’re second mate. 

Dave Edgar said one of his commentators on H & H said this wasn't entirely a bad move and tbh I sort of concur. If AJ had said we're in a mess and it's a really difficult job to sort it out, who would take the job if it was offered? The problem I have was the timing of it. If Johnson saw what we saw and witnessed the explosion of loathing for us in the mhedia by the usual suspects, he could have been more tactful or waited for a week.

However it's also a good move to back Murty when he goes up against players because the prospective manager sees that the board has his back. Just imagine if they fired Murty on Monday and Wallace still has a way back. That would scare any manager off any club. Just a thought but for what it's worth Johnson showed a lack of tact in his timing. If we beat Hearts he could then talk to the mhedia. Mind you they always put us in a bad light anyway.

'probably' ahead of the curve

And

'hopefully' the fans will see the rewards

If I did a project presentation with the words probably and hopefully, it would appear that I didnt know what I was doing or the exact outcome. My contract wouldnt last long. Seems like our board dont really understand what it means to deliver a winning team on the pitch. We need better planning and direction than this.

Reminds me of Groucho Marx's quip, "I have worked myself up from a state of nothing to extreme poverty".

We finished on 67 points last season. We currently stand at 62 points. So, technically speaking, if we win two out of our five last games then we will finish on a higher point score and if we finish second that that is an advance on last season.

So, yes, one could argue all that, but like a lot of bears, it doesn't feel like progress.

5 minutes ago, Hamilton_Coops said:

Oh yes that's why Johnson should have been smarter and waited

He could've waited or done it right away it hides nothing really does it, it's there for all to see, there's a lot of sorting out to do and they know it, they are pissing themselves laughing at us!

13 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

He could've waited or done it right away it hides nothing really does it, it's there for all to see, there's a lot of sorting out to do and they know it, they are pissing themselves laughing at us!

I think Wattie for a year to sort things out would be a good move. Gets the best out of people and zero tolerance for bullshit.....exactly what we need just now

7 minutes ago, Hamilton_Coops said:

I think Wattie for a year to sort things out would be a good move. Gets the best out of people and zero tolerance for bullshit.....exactly what we need just now

I cant see that Happening this board in Football circles will be reviled by Managers and Coaches and Players Walter Smiths no mug we could not sell the Managers position to McInnes either.