Kirkwood/Murty problem

broxi51

57 minutes ago, PSL said:

He needs to go. Had no bottle and cost us securing what should have been an easy 2nd place in the league

Murty is not the reason we didn't finish 2nd. Easy scapegoat , not a manager on earth that would have turned that round in half a season. 

1 hour ago, kaiser1041 said:

No one at our club respects him and I’m disappointed the board kept him as he’s a reminder of nothing but failure 

How on earth could you possibly know that, never mind say it. Unless you're the gatekeeper at Auchenhowie. :lol:

1 minute ago, RowX said:

Murty is not the reason we didn't finish 2nd. Easy scapegoat , not a manager on earth that would have turned that round in half a season. 

He chose the team and tactics at the end of the day. How often did we just sit back and invite teams to attack us? We never looked any kind of threat going forward and instead always looked at playing the ball sideways or backwards. 

6 minutes ago, PSL said:

He chose the team and tactics at the end of the day. How often did we just sit back and invite teams to attack us? We never looked any kind of threat going forward and instead always looked at playing the ball sideways or backwards. 

For sure, but where were all them tackles? Not tackng part of the tactics, aye? 

Quite simply, those spineless wasters shat it from the scum.

Actually who gives a fuck whether Kirkwood likes Murty or not?

At the end of the day there is a job to be done and you don't have to get fucking engaged to one another. 

The board call the shots. It's their programme and if anyone doesn't like it, they can get to fuck.

Too many fucking no mark egocentrics in these last 6 years with too much to fucking say. More fucking shit stirring going on than a Glesga sewage plant, including the OP.  Get with it, back the board or get to fuck.

Football or any other fucking business are not democracies.

I never intended this to be a Murty slagging thread, a bit naive to be honest.  I'm looking more at what Kirkwood has done, I think everyone would agree done a decent job with the youths.

i would assume there will have to be a revamp of the youths to accommodate Murty, I Just don't know how as both the 21s 18s doing so well.

7 minutes ago, broxi51 said:

I never intended this to be a Murty slagging thread, a bit naive to be honest.  I'm looking more at what Kirkwood has done, I think everyone would agree done a decent job with the youths.

i would assume there will have to be a revamp of the youths to accommodate Murty, I Just don't know how as both the 21s 18s doing so well.

Its not as simple as that though. It could be argued that the current success of the youths is down to the work Murty has done since he's been at the club. (not saying it is though) 

58 minutes ago, RowX said:

Nonsense. We had more than enough player-wise and resource-wise to finish higher than Aberdeen. 

1 minute ago, mearns loyal said:

This - all day long

The scary part is there's a lot of Rangers fans who believe this pish too - it's terrifying how naive a lot of Rangers supporters actually are. 

1 hour ago, RowX said:

He certainly is part of it.

Budget wise we should in theory have finished second, but I say it all goes back to the quality of player. We simply don't have anyone who is outstanding, but overloaded with average and with that you get inconsistency. Then there is the problem of having so many without a spine. Shat it against the scum and others. 

You also cannot legislate for your main striker who ended up not being able to hit a barn door at five yards. He had the other problem of not getting so much service. The other so called striker in Windass didn't help in going MIA for eighty minutes in every game. 

LBH, Murty was a bit clueless and was just a softy who couldn't cope, but the players deserve just as must criticism as do the board for appointing Murty in the first place.

He is the easy target as many will forget the circumstances in which he was appointed to suit the narrative.

However we move on and not much point in ruminating over what might have been, but to now carry on the hate fest into the youth set up, just shows the mentality and says more about fans than it does Murty.

1 hour ago, broxi51 said:

There wasn’t a revamp when Murty moved up and everyone was shunted around the full the gaps it created. Murty will be going back to his previous role - as will Kirkwood

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He certainly is part of it.

Budget wise we should in theory have finished second, but I say it all goes back to the quality of player. We simply don't have anyone who is outstanding, but overloaded with average and with that you get inconsistency. Then there is the problem of having so many without a spine. Shat it against the scum and others. 

You also cannot legislate for your main striker who ended up not being able to hit a barn door at five yards. He had the other problem of not getting so much service. The other so called striker in Windass didn't help in going MIA for eighty minutes in every game. 

LBH, Murty was a bit clueless and was just a softy who couldn't cope, but the players deserve just as must criticism as do the board for appointing Murty in the first place.

He is the easy target as many will forget the circumstances in which he was appointed to suit the narrative.

However we move on and not much point in ruminating over what might have been, but to now carry on the hate fest into the youth set up, just shows the mentality and says more about fans than it does Murty.

For me mate he played a huge part in us finishing 2nd. The players of course also deserve a huge amount of criticism as do the board for putting him in place. 

But the buck stops with the manager. He picked the squad and the tactics he wouldn't deviate from. Yes he can't legislate for some of the issues he faced but he can make changes. Dropping players out of form or not following instructions. Adjusting the formation to suit needs for example giving our main striker more support. 

I posted earlier I think we should cut ties with him. IMO now he has too much baggage and I question if he can still command respect with these young players. 

The board allowing him back feels like them trying to avoid more mock outrage from the media . 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Nonsense. We had more than enough player-wise and resource-wise to finish higher than Aberdeen. 

We beat Aberdeen 2/3 times out of 4. Logically that does mean we should be better than they are and finish higher.

The failure of that was on both the manager(s) and playing staff

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

We beat Aberdeen 2/3 times out of 4. Logically that does mean we should be better than they are and finish higher.

The failure of that was on both the manager(s) and playing staff

I think it makes us come across worse ... that we beat Aberdeen 3 times and drew once and still finished behind them.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Actually who gives a fuck whether Kirkwood likes Murty or not?

At the end of the day there is a job to be done and you don't have to get fucking engaged to one another. 

The board call the shots. It's their programme and if anyone doesn't like it, they can get to fuck.

Too many fucking no mark egocentrics in these last 6 years with too much to fucking say. More fucking shit stirring going on than a Glesga sewage plant, including the OP.  Get with it, back the board or get to fuck.

Football or any other fucking business are not democracies.

:lol: Says you

3 hours ago, RowX said:

Sorry mate but that's pish. We were within touching distance of the top spot (even with a few ridiculous previous results) when it just went totally tits up and Murty all of a sudden became "I'm just the guy on the touchline" defeatist.

He shouldn't have been there in the 1st place, but he was, wanted the job full time after 2 or 3 good games, then  backed off from all responsibility when things didn't go his way. He blamed the players instead of looking at himself and team selections/tactics.

The board are the main reason the season was such a disaster with their lack of know-how in appointing a manager of the calibre needed and if things don't drastically improve next season they better move over.

I've no idea if Murty moving back into the youth setup is good or bad or indifferent but I'm sure that if after all the encouraging performances in 2018 the youths lose their way then Murty will be out.