Fan Engagement Survey

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I was probably too nice. I tried to be objective.

Ha ha aye me to. Waste of fucking time. It’s pretty fucking obvious most of the questions. But hay if it’s acted apon by the club fair play.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They obviously aren't too interested in the responses if they didn't take contact details and ask for permission to contact you about your answers. 

I know GDPR makes that a pain in the arse compliance wise but I feel its probably worth it if they really want it to be a worthwhile exercise.

Even taking a note of a Rangers Number to weed out the scum.

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Told the to start playing loyalist music on the tannoy

Just put down the exact same. Took me about an hour to fill it out there just now, said we had a large loyalist fan base and there are some good songs out there that we could play, I'm not sure if they will agree though, ?

This survey was the 2nd thing I did as soon as I got home yesterday. 

Mentioned my unease and genuine concerns over the so called "transparency" we were promised...soft loans..and why won't the Club fight back and go on the offensive with the media.

I did suspect that they would yet again ask about Membership even before I opened the link. Man City do it and if Rangers do it right it's a good scheme. Mind you I can imagine my Grandad shouting "£35 a season up front just to say I'm a member!!!???" Is that not what a season ticket does..??. 

It means that any non season ticket holders get issued with a smart card which they activate when you book your ticket online. Lets hope it's not a rip off..

16 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

This survey was the 2nd thing I did as soon as I got home yesterday. 

Mentioned my unease and genuine concerns over the so called "transparency" we were promised...soft loans..and why won't the Club fight back and go on the offensive with the media.

I did suspect that they would yet again ask about Membership even before I opened the link. Man City do it and if Rangers do it right it's a good scheme. Mind you I can imagine my Grandad shouting "£35 a season up front just to say I'm a member!!!???" Is that not what a season ticket does..??. 

It means that any non season ticket holders get issued with a smart card which they activate when you book your ticket online. Lets hope it's not a rip off..

FFS mate. U still up? 

Oddly enough, I seem to remember some of our more vocal sheeple (not the RM sheeple, they're on ignore) slating Graham Wallace for a similar survey and membership scheme. Apparently, now it's a work of genius and long overdue.

I've already read comments elsewhere of people calling for airport shops again.........

But, ignoring the double standards, I'm glad they're sending out a survey again. It should be done every year, I think, around AGM time.

Just now, TheMotor said:

Oddly enough, I seem to remember some of our more vocal sheeple (not the RM sheeple, they're on ignore) slating Graham Wallace for a similar survey and membership scheme. Apparently, now it's a work of genius and long overdue.

I've already read comments elsewhere of people calling for airport shops again.........

But, ignoring the double standards, I'm glad they're sending out a survey again. It should be done every year, I think, around AGM time.

In one of the questions I did answer there should be some "pop up shops" I think the option was. We need a visual presence in this city. Not 12 stores or so but a city centre one at least. 

Mind we had 3 in town, But something's telling me we had one in clydebank? And possibly partick?

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

In one of the questions I did answer there should be some "pop up shops" I think the option was. We need a visual presence in this city. Not 12 stores or so but a city centre one at least. 

Mind we had 3 in town, But something's telling me we had one in clydebank? And possibly partick?

I wouldn't argue with pop-up shops, shop-in-shops or concessions. They are a great way to focus attention at low cost in a business already drawing suitable retail traffic. That should be the way we go in future, in a retail partnership or independently. You do a deal to get 2 metres of window space and a few square metres of floor space against a prominent in-store wall as part of someone else's business.

But our airport stores have historically been loss makers and there isn't enough casual non-domestic tourist traffic through Glasgow airport, or to Ibrox for football reasons, that would ever make an airport store viable.

49 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

I wouldn't argue with pop-up shops, shop-in-shops or concessions. They are a great way to focus attention at low cost in a business already drawing suitable retail traffic. That should be the way we go in future, in a retail partnership or independently. You do a deal to get 2 metres of window space and a few square metres of floor space against a prominent in-store wall as part of someone else's business.

But our airport stores have historically been loss makers and there isn't enough casual non-domestic tourist traffic through Glasgow airport, or to Ibrox for football reasons, that would ever make an airport store viable.

Sensible thoughts 

hence why you’d never have a position at our club 

1 hour ago, TheMotor said:

Agree with you but surely for the advertisement and just having the presence would be enough if we broke even. It still saddens me to see that they have taken over what used to be our shop in Glasgow airport.

8 hours ago, Ace said:

Thought the whole membership questions were interesting?

I haven’t had time to do the survey yet- but what is that about? Is it similar to the ‘founder member’ thing that the old board did a couple of years ago to squeeze more cash out of us that we heard fuck all more about? I came across my ‘founder member’ pack the other day for the first time in years:

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/Rangers-launch-club-membership/

have a look at some of those ‘benefits’- we saw absolutely none of them.

15 minutes ago, Basrah Bear said:

Agree with you but surely for the advertisement and just having the presence would be enough if we broke even. It still saddens me to see that they have taken over what used to be our shop in Glasgow airport.

Somebody else suggested using the advertising spaces in the airport to counter their retail presence and I think that is a much better idea. 

Get product in the airport through a concession retail deal (space in someone else's shop) then use a couple of prime advertising spots to promote Rangers as the premier club in Scotland. Let the beasts lose money, while we maintain our visibility and, as you say, break even or thereabouts.