Can Gerrard Stop Bheast FC?

BridgeIsBlue

Not watching the video due to previous comments, however I think I/we have seen enough from Gerrard so far to know that he isn't anything like the previous imposters. Unlike them he can actually see what we see from certain players and their performances. He may not manage to topple them this year but given time I think there is a fair chance of it happening next year. Fingers crossed they get papped out of UCL this year too.

8 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Gerrard can only take us so far. He needs full backing from the board. Looking positive so far and this is our best defence since Walter. It's just our creativity in the final third that I have doubts over. 

So far he’s doing what I convinced myself Mcinnes would do when he was meant to be coming, he’s made us hard to break down and is building from the back but is exceeding expectations so far. I think the attack will take longer to gel but he will get it right with time.

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Stopped listening at “joke of a club”

ill go back once I’ve calmed doon

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not watching fuck all that thinks we are “a joke of a club”

Aye I've completely forgotten the last six years as well, no memory whatsoever, total amnesia. 

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

Won't win it with this squad we are light in a number of areas.

Ill be quietly content with coming second and proving we are really closing the gap and getting some foundations to build on.

Its horrible ever finishing behind those bastards, but it is even worse when we have to rip everything apart after it happens and prey for a miracle the following season.

If we can put up a decent fight, and identify the areas we need to improve next year to really make it a 50/50 race then ill take it.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that we can click and pull it off this season, but realistically I think the odds are heavily against us.

I wouldn't like to see people calling for Gerard's head if we lose the league, but are otherwise making good progress.

Patience is key . 

Not impossible , but I dont think it realistic to expect SG to overturn this in one season . We've had to spend the bulk of what little we have on near enough a complete overhaul . . . . . again , while the tarriers only need to tweak an already established team with far greater resources . 

If we can see progress , see us challenging to the end , I think we will be in a good place next season , where our money will be spent , not spread out over a large number of players , but on a few high quality signings adding to a solid base that will , hopefully , have already established themselves this season . 

With only one transfer window, an inherited team of duds and imposters, it might not be this year, but by f**k we'll give the scum bas****ds a fright this year.

But where I think is where SG will prove his worth is next year, when Brenda will be forced to spend big (which he did at Liverpool, rarely on great players) yet our SG will add his far superior man management (getting players to run through brick walls) to a better eye for a good player.

Then .. LET'S GO

16 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aye I've completely forgotten the last six years as well, no memory whatsoever, total amnesia. 

It’s been difficult, hard times - really hard. But NEVER should a bear describe us as a joke of a club ffs. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It’s been difficult, hard times - really hard. But NEVER should a bear describe us as a joke of a club ffs. 

You may express opinions a bit like that, when frustrated, in front of other Bears but never in front of taigs or a camera, that's what annoyed me.

7 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

With only one transfer window, an inherited team of duds and imposters, it might not be this year, but by f**k we'll give the scum bas****ds a fright this year.

But where I think is where SG will prove his worth is next year, when Brenda will be forced to spend big (which he did at Liverpool, rarely on great players) yet our SG will add his far superior man management (getting players to run through brick walls) to a better eye for a good player.

Then .. LET'S GO

This ain’t follow follow you are aloud to swear on here no need to blank half the letters oot

There is no can about it. He will.

He's got the mentaility right and has given them all a yard. 

Just turn more of our chances into goals, we do it.

This squad are night and day from last season thus far and they will improve. Shagger himself is worth a few points alone. Now if I can get Morelos to stop fucking running and just burst the fucking net, we are it. I'm sure I caught him smiling the other night and he didn't even score, so there might be hope!