Inviting pressure into ourself

RFCRobertson

That's what happens. We done the hard part and now we let ourselfs down. Third game we’ve conceded a late goal after doing all the hard work. It needs addressing. In saying that last season we would’ve lost that game but we still lost 2 points that should’ve maintained out lead. Other positives being lafferty looking solid and ejaria really coming onto a game.Really angry but we move on now to UFA on Thursday. However league wise we’ve made things unnecessarily harder for ourselves. Games against motherwell should be and needs to be a guaranteed 3 points. 

The first i'll give a minor pass since it was a slip and McGregor was caught in no man's land. The last 2 goals could've been avoided and it was shoddy defending from Tavernier at both. The last being extremely avoidable by playing out from the back, retaining possession and not given away corner kick after corner kick. A team like Motherwell is going to play and celebrate a game against us like it's a cup final. The players better have learned that now that teams in scotland will give their blood, sweat and tears for a full 90 even if it means a point and they will celebrate that point like a virgin getting his hole for the first time at age 40. 

Rangers have always done this no matter who the boss has been and it’s always been infuriating, there was no need to sit back there all we did was let them build momentum, I can’t even think of us creating a chance in the 2nd half. The worst thing is before that corner you just know they’re going to get a chance and sure enough at the last second we lose a goal again 

Like you said last season we would have lost that, but that’s the only positive I can find. 

We sat far too deep in the second half, invited pressure and paid the price. We have to start keeping the ball better and holding it up up top. Even with all that if Tav could keep his fucking man from set plays we would have probably scraped a win, he needs to wake up and keep focus because he cost us today, not all his fault but ultimately a big part of the blame has to lie with him.

That’s Gerrards fault all day long. No idea why we didn’t come out and kill it early. 

If you’re going to defend what u have and it’s worked why bring on Wallace for the last kick of the game. 

It’s a horrendous decision and it’s cost us 2 points and now it invites serious pressure for next week whereas it would’ve been a free hit and we would’ve went there full of confidence. 

4 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

We simply aren't very good. Midfield just technically isn't where it needs to be in order to control games.

Good chance by this time next week we will have won 1 of 4 league games...

worrying part is if that happens it would be our worst start to a league campaign for what 10+ years?????

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Changing to 5 at the back today was fucking stupid. Neither Katic or Goldson looked very comfortable in it.

That's what happens when you fuck with a winning formation just to accommodate players though.

I couldn’t understand this myself, we looked wide open with this at the start and it effected our confidence at the back all game.

Gerrard said we aren’t good enough to rest players and he was right but it’s exactly what we’re doing and it’s cost us 2 points today 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Busy schedule talk needs to get to fuck.

We're better than last season but we're still pretty poor and I've been saying it all season.

Agreed. No chance we are winning this league unless a couple more quality signings are made.

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Looked deliberate to sit in that deep in the second half though,if you're right and it was down to fitness that's really worrying.

Dunno about fitness. A schedule like this would be difficult for any team. Im not convinced it was intended to sit that deep. I hope not, cause you'd be insane to do it as a plan against a team like that. Felt the midfield struggled to put their foot on it, so it just kept coming back and we resultantly started to fall back.

Far from the only issue but Motherwell are just a battering ram and we found it tough.

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Agreed. No chance we are winning this league unless a couple more quality signings are made.

All the more frustrating as like others are saying the scum are there for the taking.

This has taken the pressure right off them for next week assuming they get a result today and piled it all on us.

Drawing a game away can happen to anyone so I'm not reacting to this game alone.

The general theme I'm seeing in most of our performances is an over reliance on set plays and crosses to create goalscoring chances. You can be competitive in our league by playing like that, and against poor or average European sides, but you can't win a league like that.