Meltdown!

RockwellGers

Just now, psb07158 said:

lol

when they put 3 past us next week we’ll be digging into the archives for other shite starts to the season where we ended up being successful ?

Honestly gutted at the result, but I still think we can beat celtic, as long as we seriously up our game and don't play as poorly as that again.

Could still easily lose it obviously but I'm sick of being pessimistic, for the past two seasons it's just made me more and more miserable.

Just now, Bronzy said:

Honestly gutted at the result, but I still think we can beat celtic, as long as we seriously up our game and don't play as poorly as that again.

Could still easily lose it obviously but I'm sick of being pessimistic, for the past two seasons it's just made me more and more miserable.

I think it will be a while before the hangover of the last few years I’d over for the fans mate 

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Fucking hell mate really? We held out the vast majority of the game with 10 men and looked comfortable. A minute away from talking all three points. First person I’ve heard saying the manager got it wrong that day 

He did get them wrong that day though. Jack was running the game from in front of the back four and when he went off injured he took on the more attack minded Ejaria when what we needed to see it out was the more like for like McCrorie.

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Disappointing as in the fact it looked as if we played the second half to just hold on to a one goal lead , instead of going for a goal to finish the game . Just never got going in that half . 

Can only assume SG had an eye on Thursday and was looking to conserve energy. This is a setback which is a sore one to take but it is far from a tragedy. We will learn from today and SG doesn’t seem like someone who makes the same mistake twice (if indeed he does review and is unhappy with today’s set up and tactics)...

11 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

This place is in meltdown. I didn't get to watch the game but I gather we were tactically off and didn't perform that well in the second half? Some disappointing performances from players who we'd expect more from? 

Is there anything to be said for not going mad the first time we have a bad performance? Just a question, as I say I haven't seen the game so I really can't say. But we have a lot of games and a tough schedule, and an away draw isn't the worst thing in the world. 

Again I haven't seen the game  so it's just a constructive point and maybe I'll be raging when I watch it. 

It wasn't nearly as bad some would have you think 

At half time .I was in my element 

The old suspects and some tired performances helped produce our worst 45 minutes since SG arrived 

3 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

I think it's OK in this thread, post it wherever you want to be honest. 

I just don't think what happened 30 years ago has any relevance at all to what happened today or what will happen this season. 

My point is that a stuttering start doesn't make us a poor team, we just need to start bucking our ideas up.

Thankfully it's so early in the season that it can be addressed, I'd rather it happen now than for example October/November.

8 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Too many players were poor and the manager made a couple of bad decisions. Both cost us the 3 points. We've dropped an avoidable 4 points so far. Valid reasons for being angry.

But we are a far better team than in previous seasons and I expect us to get better. Hopefully challenging for silverware this season but we need to learn fast.

The anger comes from how late we conceded. 

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

A draw with Motherwell isn’t and never will be OK at Rangers FC. The manner in which we played in the 2nd half isn’t and never will be OK at Rangers FC. 

Sorry, but Gerrard and the players got it wrong today. 

It's about ambition and standards if you support,play or manage Rangers,performances like today cannot be accepted and never be indulged if we want to be the best again.

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I’m just being a negative bastard today. Really angry at that 2nd half performance and gifting that goal away. Weird considering our start but I feel like I’ve had the wind knocked out of me. 

First up is Ufa - best team on the park please, no rotation, no rests. The celtic game will take care of itself after Thursday!

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

He did get them wrong that day though. Jack was running the game from in front of the back four and when he went off injured he took on the more attack minded Ejaria when what we needed to see it out was the more like for like McCrorie.

My thoughts exactly. We were dealing with persistent long high balls and McCrorie would have been far more useful in dealing with them than Ejaria in my opinion. I would probably have brought on Candeias rather than Kent aswell for his work rate but the first change was the 1 I definitely thought Gerrard got wrong. 

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You'd be aswell logging out mate, you won't find that on here.

It's night and day from last season, and a couple of underwhelming results doesn't change that.

It's far too bipolar on here sometimes :lol: 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Aye very good hindsight is a wonderful thing. The shot gets blocked the game stays 1-0 and it’s a tactical masterclass. 

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

My point is that a stuttering start doesn't make us a poor team, we just need to start bucking our ideas up.

Thankfully it's so early in the season that it can be addressed, I'd rather it happen now than for example October/November.

I get that. But to be honest I'm sick and tired of us having to "buck up our ideas". How many times have we heard this over the last few years? 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

I’m just being a negative bastard today. Really angry at that 2nd half performance and gifting that goal away. Weird considering our start but I feel like I’ve had the wind knocked out of me. 

First up is Ufa - best team on the park please, no rotation, no rests. The celtic game will take care of itself after Thursday!

In a weird way I'm glad that I'm really pissed off - it shows how far we've come, last season we probably would have been happy with a draw.

Hopefully the players and Gerrard are hurting as much as we are and go all in against Ufa and celtic.