MAN CHARGED FOLLOWING ASSAULT OF ASSISTANT REFEREE, LIVINGSTON

j1mgg

31 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Surely a 5 year ban or something would be more appropriate than life? So when he's 70 he can't take his grandkids to a game because he chucked a penny at a linesman 40 year ago? Way OTT.

I can't get a pint at a football game because the older generation of our support couldn't behave and rioted steaming, chucked bottles and fought running battles using them as weapons so having them preach about this and that is a bit precious.

Couldn't care less what anyone in the media thinks either, they don't need ammo to hate the Rangers support. This is the same media riddled with fans of clubs who wanted us dead 

Not real Rangers fans them

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Facts are no ball boy was hit, the lads fucked up and will need to take his medicine making up we what if scenarios in your head is pointless.  

He's thrown a coin in the direction where a young lad was standing fact, he didn't bother to take his surroundings into consideration when he done that and deserves what he gets. 

I'm afraid I'm done with whatever point you're trying to make.

1 minute ago, markem said:

Daft as fuck from the guy, beyond stupid however I feel a bit for him as he. will be judged as much for the team he follows as the crime he committed. 

Perhaps not, we will see. As I said after the last old firm our players were pelted with missiles several times and it wasn’t mentioned at all, during or after.  

Moral of the story? Don’t be a good aim or is it something else?

Im not trying to excuse this guy, done us or himself no favours whatsoever and he can have little complaints if he now suffers the very heavy price of a lifetime ban amongst other things however the hypocrisy is once again there to be seen. For his sake I hope ‘exuberance’ is considered. 

??

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

He's thrown a coin in the direction where a young lad was standing fact, he didn't bother to take his surroundings into consideration when he done that and deserves what he gets. 

I'm afraid I'm done with whatever point you're trying to make.

Stop quoting me then numpty ?

17 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If you've not learned by 30 mate that flinging a coin at somecunt is a ridiculous thing to do then you'll never learn in my view.

In regards with the drinking thing, I see your point about that, tarring everybody with the same brush is a bit daft but this is a case of 1 person doing something rather than a group of people. Wasn't 1 guy in the 80s/90s who stopped us being able to drink at games these days, was countless people.

The fact the media don't need the ammo is the exact reason why our so called supporters should avoid doing stuff like this even more, the cunts will take everything Rangers related and run a mile with it & while I don't care about the media, I do care about our club getting dragged through the dirt even more due to things our own fans do

Bit unfair imo. If he was to murder someone he would be banned from society for 20years yet here he is throwing a coin and he has never to see Rangers again for the rest of his days. Not comparing the 2 obviously but can you see what I'm getting at?

8 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Bit unfair imo. If he was to murder someone he would be banned from society for 20years yet here he is throwing a coin and he has never to see Rangers again for the rest of his days. Not comparing the 2 obviously but can you see what I'm getting at?

He'll get a Football Banning Order, most likely for a year, off the courts.

Rangers will probably ban him from Ibrox for life. Rangers can do what they like. They are a business and Ibrox is a private ground. 

After he has served his Banning Order he would still be able to attend away games if someone gives him a ticket to one. He would also be able to attend Ibrox under same because as @Creampuff said a stadium ban is largely unenforceable.

At the end of the day he is clearly a roaster and deserves everything he gets. 

3 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

So you're saying he should be jailed for 20yrs..........gotcha ????

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He'll get a Football Banning Order, most likely for a year, off the courts.

Rangers will probably ban him from Ibrox for life. Rangers can do what they like. They are a business and Ibrox is a private ground. 

After he has served his Banning Order he would still be able to attend away games if someone gives him a ticket to one. He would also be able to attend Ibrox under same because as @cushynumber said a stadium ban is largely unenforceable.

At the end of the day he is clearly a roaster and deserves everything he gets. 

@Creampuffsaid it mate

11 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

True mate. Aye I really can see what you're getting at, just personally I want to avoid anything that gives the club a bad name, that's my only concern here, not whether a guy who made a silly decision/mistake ever gets to see us again. 

14 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Whats the odds of hitting someone with a coin from a fair distance and standing in a crowd anyway? Must he in the 100/1 bracket. 

Someone who is running at the time. 

It’s not really the point but you’re right. 

The guys crime is probably acting like an idiot and trying to appear to throw something at an official. He’s never in his life thought I’m skulking the running linesman with this swerving coin.  Mibbie he has? 

Not saying that makes it ok and of course by throwing it the risk is he does hurt someone but I doubt the outcome was what the guy forseen. 

55 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Lifetime ban lost his job, might be a bit harsh but at the end of the day only person to blame is himself, absolute rocket, at his age you'd think he'd know better

Fuck off. 

The boy deserves the charge and the ban from the club (he can get round that)

But losing his job? That's a fucking.disgrace.

What has his job got to do with what he done? He's still got the right to live ffs

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Fucking superb police work, not defending the guy here but there is no way that this is the only time an object has been thrown at a player in scottish football in recent times, 

Amazing how plod suddenly become sherlock holmes when its a bear they are finding, 

To be fair mate the moral warriors within our support spent the last few days on a witch hunt to find the guy, the police had little to do 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Fuck off. 

The boy deserves the charge and the ban from the club (he can get round that)

But losing his job? That's a fucking.disgrace.

What has his job got to do with what he done? He's still got the right to live ffs

I doubt he will have been sacked yet - apart from on here I haven't seen anyone suggest he has? He isn't due to appear in court until Friday and I don't think any employer would be dumb enough to sack someone until the finalisation of that process. If he got a NP or NG he would have some recourse with them.

I agree with what your saying about having the right to live but he could be in a job though where he has to have a clean record / disclosure check.

Also, if he is convicted and sentenced to a stretch (Dallas guy got three months) then any employer would be within their rights to terminate the employment of someone who is basically off work for no fault of the employer.

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

So we invite him back and when he gets pissed again or we're losing he does something & we get more bad press? Got enough people who hate us up here in the media without giving them even more ammo

At the same time, wouldn't advocate anycunt grassing a fellow bear in lol! ?

Can see what you're saying but another angle is he's 30 and going to away games so it's probable he's also a season ticket holder and will have been for some time, presumably without throwing coins or causing trouble before so I'm not sure there'd be such a great risk of him doing it again. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I doubt he will have been sacked yet - apart from on here I haven't seen anyone suggest he has? He isn't due to appear in court until Friday and I don't think any employer would be dumb enough to sack someone until the finalisation of that process. If he got a NP or NG he would have some recourse with them.

I agree with what your saying about having the right to live but he could be in a job though where he has to have a clean record / disclosure check.

Also, if he is convicted and sentenced to a stretch (Dallas guy got three months) then any employer would be within their rights to terminate the employment of someone who is basically off work for no fault of the employer.

He has been sacked mate and handed himself in to plod.