New York RSC

King_gazza

I'm heading to NY next Friday and looking to watch all the games I'll miss in the Big Apple Bears RSC, has anyone been recently? Looking to gauge what kind prices I'll be looking at for beers etc.

Also some pics of inside would be good, couldn't find much on Google and the pics on their website isn't working.

Went to an OF game with them back in 2012. Unfortunately was the day the tarriers won 3 0 to win the league.

Was given the option of $5 temporary membership or buy one of their t-shirts which were $10 and membership fee waived. So basically a t-shirt for $5. I still proudly wear it. Can't remember beer prices but sure they were reasonable versus the norm for NYC considering it wad 6 am on a Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Brubear said:

Went to an OF game with them back in 2012. Unfortunately was the day the tarriers won 3 0 to win the league.

Was given the option of $5 temporary membership or buy one of their t-shirts which were $10 and membership fee waived. So basically a t-shirt for $5. I still proudly wear it. Can't remember beer prices but sure they were reasonable versus the norm for NYC considering it wad 6 am on a Sunday. 

Nice one mate cheers for the info, I'll probably do the same with the membership, Aberdeen game will be a 7:30am start but heading to see NYC play afterwards so sash bash sounds like a plan :cheers:

4 hours ago, King_gazza said:

I'm heading to NY next Friday and looking to watch all the games I'll miss in the Big Apple Bears RSC, has anyone been recently? Looking to gauge what kind prices I'll be looking at for beers etc.

Also some pics of inside would be good, couldn't find much on Google and the pics on their website isn't working.

Stealth......

5 hours ago, King_gazza said:

Aye saw average was 6/7$ per pint but wasn't sure if it might be dearer in the RSC

So you can afford to fly to NY, presumably stay in a hotel but you're concerned about the price of a beer, how many are you planning on drinking?  

9 hours ago, King_gazza said:

Nice one mate cheers for the info, I'll probably do the same with the membership, Aberdeen game will be a 7:30am start but heading to see NYC play afterwards so sash bash sounds like a plan :cheers:

Aberdeen game will be 11.30am kick off. Unless you meant you were going to the club at 7.30am? 

Was there late August/September. Its like a wee dive bar, bit dark and dingy but decent enough. 

Beers were like 6 or 7 dollars. Fairly cheap however there is a 10 dollar cover charge taken at half time. 

John Smeaton was there for the old firm so i finally got to see  a major celebrity in the flesh. 

20180830_100923.thumb.jpg.7a04acbe7973eb90e5f2d84a84168484.jpg