Morelos, will he see the consequence of his actions

j1mgg

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

We wouldn't have won today with Morelos in the team. It's not like Sadiq missed a bunch of sitters we just weren't creating anything.

idiotic comment,if Morelos played everything would've been different,he brings players into play etc 

I certainly don’t blame Morelos for his booking against Ayr.  He nearly got halved in two with a tackle which the ref chose to ignore, the boy was only human to react the way he did.

its all ifs and buts anyway.  If Morelos had played today it would have been a stick on he would have been booked with Beaton in charge.  Today was bad enough, could you imagine going in against that mob in the final without him.

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

Dissent. It’s not nothing it’s the rules. 

An avoidable booking, that seems to be the norm for him. Cunt clearly doesn’t listen to instructions and is a fucking huffy wee menace. 

I don’t think Alfredo is to be trusted if you are his Manager......

Personally I actually think we were right to play Morelos against Ayr. IMO you play your best striker (and players) as often as you can. The next game is always the biggest. You have to be able to trust them not to get booked though. You have to be able to trust them not to get involved. That said, he was on the receiving end of a potentially season ending challenge, for which I don't think the Ayr player even got booked. Morelos shouldn't have reacted but in that instance it was understandable to an extent. The ref was just a wank, just like most are towards Morelos. It was just all a bit unfortunate.

Players get booked, suspended, injured, that's just some of the things you need to be able to overcome. We have failed though and it's poor to blame him or his omission for failing to beat them. We dominated the game. We had the ball in the final third about 15, 20 times or more. We were even in their box several times but the final pass, decision, shot, cut back just wasn't good enough.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but there is no guarantee Morelos being available would have made any difference. Yes Morelos has more to his game than just goals but he's not without his faults or poor games. I'm a big Morelos fan but he's played in plenty of games where we have failed to score and/or win. Collectively, even with Morelos in the team, and even when we've won we've been guilty of lack of creativity in the final third.

One thing that does seem to be noticeable though is when we score first or early we tend to be a completely different team. I guess that's the same of most teams. I think if we scored first or early today we would have won this game pretty comfortably. We didn't though and it's pretty tough to take. We need to lift the tempo, be more direct, incisive. Play quickly, one touch stuff. When we move it quickly we look good. However we can become so slow, ponderous and lethargic at times which is possibly down to our midfield not being the most offensive. They are not what you would consider to be naturally forward thinking players. We have too many similar, primarily defensive thinking midfielders. I think they are good players IMO but they just don't offer much going forward...............

3 hours ago, j1mgg said:

Seen him sitting in the stands, do you think he will see sense and see what consequences are to his childish behaviours on the pitch?

If he had been on today from the start, I would certainly believe we would of qualified, but then again, I thought we would qualify with the team we put out.

I think he will see he is the only cunt that gives a fuck tbh

Some cunts put it down as being moody, everyone else see he is the only player in a long time that cares if we win or lose. 

How the fuck is he still getting threads on here, criticising him when we lose to a shite Aberdeen team, when he doesn't even play? 

7 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Nope,  not blaming Morelos for this.

He's young and has a hot head,  granted.  That will become less and less with more experience(hopefully).

Today's result was down to SG and the team today.  

Tbf SG owned up to it. The players need to look in the mirror. The way he talked, some may not be there in January. He wants better. 

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Tbf SG owned up to it. The players need to look in the mirror. The way he talked, some may not be there in January. He wants better. 

He generally does own up to his mess ups.... Shame he doesn't learn from them though.  

What is the point of having substitutions if you aren't going to use them till the opposition is ahead of the game?  

1 minute ago, Sweettartangirl said:

He generally does own up to his mess ups.... Shame he doesn't learn from them though.  

What is the point of having substitutions if you aren't going to use them till the opposition is ahead of the game?  

He’s 4 months into this. I’m willing to give him some slack. Think he sees what’s required now after today. 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

He’s 4 months into this. I’m willing to give him some slack. Think he sees what’s required now after today. 

Hmmm.  He gets a little slack due to it being only 4 months.  I said previously,  till December.  

But,  I will continually ask the questions. 

Getting better players won't guarantee better results IF the training or game format doesn't improve.  He chose a fair few of these players and assured us they were good players though.  

Will the board get behind him to get these better players?  

I'm not entirely sure of this answer if I am honest.  

I'm not against SG,  I am just raising my eyebrow at how these results against poorer teams keep happening. 

It's mind boggling.  

7 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

:lol:

No it genuinely does annoy me, the boy runs through walls for us so I think it's unfair to say he doesn't care etc

That's fair comment.  

Some people plus alcohol and internet don't mix very well together unfortunately.  

27 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's a stupid cunt who through tantrums and petulance has made himself unavailable for selection for yesterdays game but we should not need Morelos to beat a really poor Aberdeen side.

The group of players we had on the pitch yesterday should be capable of beating Aberdeen.  We have better players than they do in every department.  Is there anyone in that Aberdeen side who would get a game for us?  We have a lot more quality than they do but apparently we need even more quality if we’ve to overcome them.