I Told You So

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Surprised you showed up on here today after your Halliday comments which were utterly embarrassing. 

Quite hilarious how you and BIB were pretty negative on here often yet this season have completely changed your tune with no basis at all..

You’re surprised? Why? You asked me for a square go outside Ibrox earlier today and  I made the Halliday comments weeks ago? :lol: nae luck! 

What was it that I said that was so negative exactly? 

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That we're a work in progress. 

December was always going to be a hard month. 

We'll struggle without Morelos. 

Midfield and up top badly need an injection of quality, and it will be dealt with in January. 

Nothing is won or lost in December. 

Get a grip. 

We all want instant success sadly it doesn't happen that easy. Management need time they will get it thankfully. We are a good team but lack 4 or 5 quality players middle to front that can win games like that today. I think the manager will no that  I believe over the next 2 windows he will correct it 

If we are still talking about this at this stage next season then the manager has failed and will prob be gone 

Would you sell morelos Next summer to help fund the rebuild? Am getting to the stage that I would only if the full funds are ontop of a decent transfer budget next summer 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

We all want instant success sadly it doesn't happen that easy. Management need time they will get it thankfully. We are a good team but lack 4 or 5 quality players middle to front that can win games like that today. I think the manager will no that  I believe over the next 2 windows he will correct it 

If we are still talking about this at this stage next season then the manager has failed and will prob be gone 

Would you sell morelos Next summer to help fund the rebuild? Am getting to the stage that I would only if the full funds are ontop of a decent transfer budget next summer 

Nope. 

12 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Gerrard deserves 2 seasons. But as a club, we need to stop bringing in loans. That is fine for Shrewsbury and Aberdeen, but us having players like this does not work. 

So, we go out on Thursday, finish 4th and don't win the Scottish Cup, should he be getting a second season?

If we play our strongest team our defense is the strongest for years:

McGregor

Tav.  Goldson. Katic. Barasic

Jack

But the attacking 5 are various colours of pish with the exception of Morelos when he's actually playing and not being a petulant dickhead or suspended.

Arfield, Candeias, Kent and Middleton can do brilliant individual cameos but can't do it consistently and when it matters.

We are miles away from being a title contender and the celebration about going top last week was embarrassing especially when Kilmarnock went top days later and didn't make a song and dance about it.

I do believe that we will finish second this season but I fear that we will be at best 10 points behind the scum.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Should all depend on how this season goes for me mate

For me although I'm frustrated as fuck the now, our performance in Europe secures his second term. He's overall impressed me this year so I'd like to see a seasoned and improved Gerrard. 

13 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Aye mate I'd give him 2.

8 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

He needs to. We can’t keep swapping managers and throwing away money.

What happens if he doesn't succeed in year two?

Do we give him another year (on the basis of his previous two years are seen as 'building') and continue to hope it works (3rd time lucky if you like)

Or...

Do we bin him and start from scratch again..whilst those fenian cunts do 9..10..

SG was a gamble, but if it fails to pay off - then best to fold than hold a hand you hope that wins (against the odds).

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

What happens if he doesn't succeed in year two?

Do we give him another year (on the basis of his previous two years are seen as 'building') and continue to hope it works (3rd time lucky if you like)

Or...

Do we bin him and start from scratch again..whilst those fenian cunts do 9..10..

SG was a gamble, but if it fails to pay off - then best to fold than hold a hand you hope that wins (against the odds).

A year is grace mate, barring a complete collapse, if he doesn't get the league in 2 I'd sack him no questions asked. 

49 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Gerrard deserves 2 seasons. But as a club, we need to stop bringing in loans. That is fine for Shrewsbury and Aberdeen, but us having players like this does not work. 

I think loans are fine as back up, or if they bring something different to the team, but there is only one for me just now that does. 

Things like splitting up a Cb partnership, to play a loan player who isn't an improvement at all on our own players is bs though. 

If the rumours were true about having to play some loans players a certain amount of games, then that can get to fuck too. 

3 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Thing is mate we threw away quite a few other points prior to November as well as a league cup semi. These two games aren't the first bad signs 

4 wins in 11 I think.

So no, it’s nothing new.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

If we play our strongest team our defense is the strongest for years:

McGregor

Tav.  Goldson. Katic. Barasic

Jack

But the attacking 5 are various colours of pish with the exception of Morelos when he's actually playing and not being a petulant dickhead or suspended.

Arfield, Candeias, Kent and Middleton can do brilliant individual cameos but can't do it consistently and when it matters.

We are miles away from being a title contender and the celebration about going top last week was embarrassing especially when Kilmarnock went top days later and didn't make a song and dance about it.

I do believe that we will finish second this season but I fear that we will be at best 10 points behind the scum.

Middleton for me is soo predictable, is he going down the wing or inside? 100% of the time wing, Cammy Kerr, an average spl defender had him made useless instantly, Middleton needs to change up his game or he'll become another Wylde which is what he reminds me of recently.  cut inside sometimes fs

The hardest part of being a Rangers manager is managing the expectation of us, the fans. I admit, that at times this season i have got carried away, especially with the terrific European run.

I'm not making excuses for them, we should be beating a bang average Aberdeen side and a poor Dundee side, but we have only been on this journey for 5 months. I also believe that the European run has led to a fair bit of fatigue. After all we will have played 14 games in Europe come Thursday, that is a hell of a lot of matches and travelling.

For a new, young squad, and Manager, that is a huge undertaking coupled with domestic league and cup games.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

9th of December 2018.

90 minutes away from European football after Christmas and still within touching distance of the beasts. 

Murty, Caixinha and Warburton were all given plenty of time to get things going and they didn't. 

We're nearly halfway through Gerrard’s first term in charge, yes things could've been better but to deny that there hasn't been progression under him is quite hilarious in itself. 

I honestly don't know what people expected from the start of the season up until now, nobody gave us a chance in Europe and we were all told we were lightyears behind the tarriers, yet here we are still contention. 

Well said my son,some people forget where we have come from,we have been battered from pillar to post these past years,we all want instant success but you forget we are fighting for our very existence in this shithole of a country.

Remember the bloodlust,boycoting their own clubs ,sell out Saturdays all at the agenda of the beasts from the east.They wanted us obliterated of the face of the earth and don't kid yourself they still do.

From the declaration of "Keep they bastards nailed to the floor"Their compliant friends in the media  on song with the Rangers bad and celtic good, how ironic is that considering they are involved in the biggest scandal in world football.

I digress, here we have a man of substance in charge of our football team,yes he is a rookie and he will make mistakes but we as a support should back him to the hilt. He is a born winner from boy to man,he's caught the bug once a Ranger always a Ranger.

He hasn't the finances that were available to Graham Souness and Walter second time around.

Patience my friends is required,he will make mistakes but who doesn't he'll get it right in the end,might take a couple of seasons so be it,but we can't keep binning managers,give him a run at it.

You never know what's round the corner maybe the authorities in this country will finally get their act together and take action against the the biggest perpetrators of the most heinous crimes imaginable in the world of sport and kick the enablers and facilitators of the most abhorrent crimes against children,not once but how many times only God will know, Out.

"Justice for the celtic boys"

9 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

How long does he get?

How many 'wrong results' is he allowed?

Appointing Gerrard was always going to be a risk, calculated or not - but we can't keep making excuses for him - his honeymoon period has to end soon.

Seems there are plenty who will continue making excuses,because Gerrard.

15 hours ago, backup said:

They aren't the answer, that is the point, serious money is required to buy a team, because nothing much is coming out of the hugely vaunted academy....Rangers managers don't get time, back in the day the right man in the chair was priority.

Now appears to be a scatter gun approach.

Tbh, the only one taking a scatter gun approach is you.

5 hours ago, Sket said:

Seems there are plenty who will continue making excuses,because Gerrard.

What do you expect? Miracles?

A rookie manager. Just in the door. A new squad.

Second highest budget and second in the league, plus still in Europe.

Take it you will still be telling us how he is the wrong man when he takes that title, aye?!