Peña unable to play?

I know there is a thread already on him and my question got burried amongst all the other stuff in the thread.

Would I be right in thinking he can't play for anyone until the summer as he has already player for 2 clubs this season?

Going to be pretty shit if we can't play him or sell/loan him while he picks up silly money

1 minute ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

My point is we might be able to nothing with him other than pay him off

Was always going to come to that though. When you send him out to clubs and does absolutely nothing then no one is going to pay actual money for him when his attitude, fitness is shite.

It's just another pay off to add to the list of many.

Pretty sure that's the case with transfers but not sure if that is the case with loaning players out, as he has always been out player during that time so wouldn't need to re register him. Probably a way to get a dispensation of sorts from the sfa if we were looking at playing him. 

Looks like another expensive payoff unfortunately. 

Just now, loyalfollower said:

It’s calendar year but in any case he’s not the answer.  Couldn’t get fit under a manager that signed him and will no doubt be worse under a manager that won’t take his shite

That is the official rule on it from FIFA but not sure how it translates here

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play offi cial matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in offi cial matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

Aye but if we bring him back and he starts acting up or not doing as the manager expects (which would be the same as anyone else) we can start to fine him and recoup some weeks wages.

I.e. he fails to turn up for training, a warning 1st and then fine him a weeks wage every time he doesn't show after that. Can easily be argued that, that would apply to any player and he's not being singled out.

25 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Aye but if we bring him back and he starts acting up or not doing as the manager expects (which would be the same as anyone else) we can start to fine him and recoup some weeks wages.

I.e. he fails to turn up for training, a warning 1st and then fine him a weeks wage every time he doesn't show after that. Can easily be argued that, that would apply to any player and he's not being singled out.

Nope. You have to show that this is permissable within his contract and that these sanctions are applied equally to all staff. 

Otherwise - it's called victimisation and an employment tribunal will tear you a new arse.

1 hour ago, gj923 said:

That is the official rule on it from FIFA but not sure how it translates here

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play offi cial matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in offi cial matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

Good point. And as the sfa said back in 2012 they don’t recognise CAS then I doubt they’d abide by FIFA’s interpretation of the amount of clubs in 1 calendar year