Defoe

gmcf

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being honest I had my doubts that Gerrard believed we could win the league despite everything he was saying in the media. I always thought that was just his way of trying to build a mentality in the dressing room. We'd see the works of it nexr season onward. This signing proves me wrong.

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We've been burned far too many times by this type of signing I can't be excited by it until I've seen him play and do the business.

Ostinstad, Bernard, Emerson, Jeffers, Beattie, Kranjcar, Senderos, Barton etc.

I realise he has been a far better player than most on that list but once your time's up it's up.

This is a fair enough comment, I think. We'll probably know soon enough whether Defoe still has it. I tend to think his natural level now in England is either lower Premiership(Bournemouth wouldn't dare loan or sell him to an epl rival) or somewhere in the Championship. It's almost impossible to predict which players can maintain a high level of play at an older age. Some fall by the wayside drastically in their mid thirties, others can maintain a high standard.

33 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

34 goals in 87 appearances in an utter pish Sunderland team in the EPL 2015-2017 

he’s a poor signing though...😕

Johnston, Lens, Toivonen, Januzaj, Larsson .. hardly utter pish service he would of been getting

Can't see any negatives to this at all tbh.

You need an experienced spine to any successful team imo, with McGregor, McAuley, Davis, Arfield and now Defoe, I'm delighted tbh. 

Morelos having Defo around can only be a good thing.

Archived