1. Alan. Shearer. 260.

2. Wayne Rooney. 208.

3. Andrew Cole. 187.

4. Frank Lampard. 177.

5 Thierry Henry. 175.

6. Robbie Fowler. 163.

7. Jermain Defoe. 162.

8. Sergio Agüero 152.

Not too shabby considering some of the players who have graced the EPL.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think that's what it's all about at his age. He's scored goals at every level but now he a) wants to win things b) play more often and c) if he achieves a and b then he becomes a hero. He has one last big go at this and he is able to make a smarter decision. I have no doubt he could still score goals for a Palace or a Wolves or a Newcastle or Leeds etc. Fuck put him in the Chelsea team and he'll score more than Morata and Giroud! People also need to understand that he had a few personal issues (obviously the Bradley passing) but when he was ready Wilson, who is his main competition, has being doing some special things. He is the future for Bournemouth and possibly England too. And even when they play two up top they have a different type in Josh King. Then you have Fraser and Brooks doing some pretty impressive things as well. I'm not too worried about his lack of games. He still looks in great shape.

Clint Hill is a hero after appearing in one our worst teams! Can you imagine what Defoe could become! He's probably mates with Niko too but Niko's legs had gone. And whilst I understand the concerns based on us being stung before, Defoe is a level above your Beattie's, Ostenstad's; Gayle's, Jeffers' etc. He also clearly looks after himself. Never an ounce of fat on the guy. All things considered, on paper, we would struggle to find a higher calibre of player we could realistically bring in.

Fantastic post

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Top Scorers in EPL History

1. Alan. Shearer. 260.

2. Wayne Rooney. 208.

3. Andrew Cole. 187.

4. Frank Lampard. 177.

5 Thierry Henry. 175.

6. Robbie Fowler. 163.

7. Jermain Defoe. 162.

8. Sergio Agüero 152.

Not too shabby considering some of the players who have graced the EPL.

That 177 for Lampard is some total for a midfielder.

Morelos Defoe partnership sounds every bit as good as anything we've seen since Prso and Novo to be honest.  Morelos we know all about as it is but Defoe is a goalscorer and the chances we have not been taking at the type this guy will thrive on.  I can honestly see us going with two up front.

Imo he could be the one to turn 1 point into 3, if you think of some of the games up till now that we have had the bulk of possession and goals scoring opportunities and only came away with a draw, the 2 games against Hibs springs to mind, this guy is the clinical finisher that we need :pipe:

Welcome to Rangers Jermain Defoe :rangers:

Archived