Rangers Academy Get £400,000 From RYDC

SonOfLuther

14 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Beat me to it,TomEnglish will be on the radio saying 'this donation is fantasy,Rangers are broke' :UK:

Time the club started issuing cease and desist notices for any cunt making up shite. It’s defamation and damages our brand. Sue the cunts for every penny and then go after the BBC as their employers. 

30 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What?

It’s a lot of money for bricks, scratch cards, lotto tickets and half a season of pools.

300k went to Manchester. 

£1 a month from all of them, never mind the overseas fans. 

Rangers Lotto used to be the biggest earning football club Lotto in the UK. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

People have bills to pay. I’m sure they give what they can. 

35 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What?

It’s a lot of money for bricks, scratch cards, lotto tickets and half a season of pools.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-hugh-adam-visionary-former-director-of-Rangers-fc-who-predicted-the-club-s-woes-a-decade-ago-1-2723693

That is what Rangers Pools/Lotto was capable of long before we had the internet and social media, image what it could achieve in this day. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Great news, but for a fan base our size £825,000 over 3 years isn’t good enough. 

We should be raising a lot more money than this. 

Half of it in the last twelve months effectively, think we are more mobilised as a support and credit must go to those fans who have volunteered their time to help drive lotto sign ups.

Think you’ll see that number increase over the coming years. 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-hugh-adam-visionary-former-director-of-Rangers-fc-who-predicted-the-club-s-woes-a-decade-ago-1-2723693

That is what Rangers Pools/Lotto was capable of long before we had the internet and social media, image what it could achieve in this day. 

The heyday of Rangers Pools earnings were in a time of no National Lottery / Euromillions and other clubs fans using our Pools. That’s likely not going to happen now.

Don’t forget that a lot more money would have gone into the fund - you have to account for agents fees for Lotto and prize money too.

Edit: I’ve just found out this doesn’t include Pools money as that goes towards Stadium maintenance. We have raised about £25k since August from Pools.

2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Half of it in the last twelve months effectively, think we are more mobilised as a support and credit must go to those fans who have volunteered their time to help drive lotto sign ups.

Think you’ll see that number increase over the coming years. 

Run properly the Lotto could be a goldmine for the club. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The heyday of Rangers Pools earnings were in a time of no National Lottery / Euromillions and other clubs fans using our Pools. That’s likely not going to happen now.

Don’t forget that a lot more money would have gone into the fund - you have to account for agents fees for Lotto and prize money too.

Edit: I’ve just found out this doesn’t include Pools money as that goes towards Stadium maintenance. We have raised about £25k since August from Pools.

You don’t need agents these days, the days of boys like myself helping the pools man by running up the street getting the money as he walked behind are long gone. 

Only 30p in the pound goes to the staduim  

10 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Great news, but for a fan base our size £825,000 over 3 years isn’t good enough. 

We should be raising a lot more money than this. 

They're not, see for yourself in the accounts https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC040033/filing-history

Since December 2012, the RM Erskine Fund has supported RYDC in the following ways:

Rangers Lotto - Each year, we prepay 10 weekly entries.  That's £520 each year. So about £3000 in total

Rising Stars.  Each home game, we buy 10 Rising Stars.  That's £20 per home game, approx 25 games per season = £500. In total, about £3000 again.

Stadium Bricks - Our subsidised scheme for generating brick sales to members has resulted in over 150 bricks purchased.  At £50 each that's over £7,500. (Incidentally, did you know that we have been the single biggest purchaser of stadium bricks at Ibrox in recent years.)

Purchasing tickets for Erskine Veterans to attend RYDC Fundraising Events, and purchasing raffle tickets and football card entries for the Veterans at the events. (We won Erskine the Star Prize at the last event)  Probably about £1000 in total.

Buying RYDC T-shirts.  Which reminds me - I think we've still got a box full of them sitting in the RYDC office.  I told them I'd sort that back in October!  I think we bought about 50, and paid £15 each for them, so there's another £750 there.

And a few scratchcards here and there.  :p:

So anyway.  Two points from that:

1.  Find me any other football forum that is consistently achieving anything like that.

and

2. If you haven't donated to the RM Erskine Fund this season (or ever), then please do so today. Then we can do even more!