Team of old players

MacBoyd

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

36 39 34 36 year old players down our spine tonight. You cant do that and try to press. Maybe one or two of them but thats ridiculous. And Worrall plays like a 60 year old.

Did you copy this from one of the other threads tonight?

Very good point  Surely Katic and McCrorrie must start on Sunday  and hopefully Goldson will be fit  too and we never see that clown Worral again     Defoe is a strange one as he is a decent enough striker however it’s an either or with him and Morelos and it’s a no brainier  Alfie  wins hands down. Which then begs the question why did we sign Defoe  ?   Certainally not to sit on bench with the wages he costs. So are we cashing in on Alfie?  Is Defoe the sweetener ?  

Thought defoe and Davis were both poor tonight and considering their inclusion was the cause of the formation change it leaves gerrard with some decisions to make come livi. 

I'd start neither. Both need to be eased in to side not thrown in to the expense of playing people out of position. 

I don't think we needed davis. I think Arfield is a better player tbh and still has the legs 

If you want to press, if you want intensity, then you play Daniel Candeias.  I don't think the ages of players had anything to do with it these players still have a lot to offer.  It's the change in formation that killed us tonight. 

1 minute ago, TMB said:

If you want to press, if you want intensity, then you play Daniel Candeias.  I don't think the ages of players had anything to do with it these players still have a lot to offer.  It's the change in formation that killed us tonight. 

Hes fucking pish aswell.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Bang on the money!

4 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Thought defoe and Davis were both poor tonight and considering their inclusion was the cause of the formation change it leaves gerrard with some decisions to make come livi. 

I'd start neither. Both need to be eased in to side not thrown in to the expense of playing people out of position. 

I don't think we needed davis. I think Arfield is a better player tbh and still has the legs 

Including them seemed to make Morelos and Arfield less effective. Defoe and Davis should never have started tonight. The manager should have had them on the bench watching us going all out attack tonight and then give them a game if needed. 

4 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Haha what another laughable thread tonight.

I understand the negativity as I myself am usually like that as a poster at times but it was tactics not age. 

Worrall 22

Jack 26

Kent 22

Morelos 22

Spine of the team too young??

Daft comment. Shouldnt have 4 players in their mid to late 30s playing for Rangers 

Depending on the style of the player. It's only really explosiveness and recovery time that get effected quickly by the "30" barrier. Players that rely on explosive attributes will diminish earlier and injuries the wrong side of 30 are harder to rehabilitate.

As evidenced in many sports, with modern scientific understanding, training and monitoring of athletes. Those that stay injury free and live the right life are able to perform to a high level into their mid 30s.

It wasn't that long ago most footballers were done by 33-34. I don't think that is true any more, although most folk still seem to think that is the case - indeed I'd say that these days, more and more hit their peak on the wrong side of 30!

Certainly, even in my life time, I'd say a typical footballers peak has moved back from say 25-29 when I was growing up, to maybe 28-32 and probably even older still for more defensive/technical minded players!