Petulant morelos

MacBoyd

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

That'll be why your poor and not the lead journo on the Times.

I'm certainly not poor. I do pretty well out of this blogging lark.

I doubt many journos have got to such a high-profile gig as the lead for The Times in five years.

PS. "you're".

14 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Not saying I agree with yer man but is Defoe not the 7th highest goalscorer in the Premier League? 

Aye but Les Ferdinand is tenth and Dion Dublin is 20th. He's a striker who has played more games than all but 14 players. I'd expect him to be on that list. No doubting he's a great player but he's not a top-tier talent like a Gerrard, Lampard, Henry, Shearer etc imo.

11 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Tavernier shouldn't have hit the 3rd one. He missed the 2nd. It should have fallen to Morelos given he's Gerrard's 2nd choice PK taker. If Morelos then scored he should default to main PK taker until he misses. Isn't that the fairest way / the way it works at most teams?

Tavernier pulled rank on the 3rd penalty despite the best efforts of Arfield to get him to give it up. On the 4th one he then gives it to Defoe. In this situation IMO Alfredo is entitled to feel aggrieved. We all know he's an emotional guy, so I've got no issues with his reaction to the whole thing. Would be a different story if he just chucked it and thought he cba playing for the rest of the game but he didn't down tools, for the rest of the game he continued to work his socks off and was desperate for a goal. 

He's our best and most important player. The captain should know and appreciate that. 

If you or anyone else actually think Morelos has more status than Defoe amongst professional football players you are absolutely deluded.

If it had been any other player, no one would give a fuck, as the penalty was converted. THAT is the truth of the matter.

Alfredo was upset, let's all boo fuckin hoo. Only fucking natural he was upset as he wanted to take it ffs, but the mass fucking hysteria about it, some need to get a life.

I love this place

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Jesus wept. It's been in the public domain pretty much since he arrived here.

"I hope to be doing very well and get a bigger club in the Premier League at the end of the season". That was just after he signed for us!

Misinterpretation from an interview he gave to a Colombian newspaper which was widely discussed on here. 

Speaks volumes that you believe tarrier lies. 

14 minutes ago, pcbear said:

If Morelos was not such a torn face little fucker,  he would imo be only half the player.

Can't fucking argue with that.

As I said, why the fuck is there even a thread on this? His petulance has been done to death and the thread grows arms and legs like every other player thread posted on an all too frequent basis. The OP has disappeared. Job done.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Can't fucking argue with that.

As I said, why the fuck is there even a thread on this? His petulance has been done to death and the thread grows arms and legs like every other player thread posted on an all too frequent basis. The OP has disappeared. Job done.

There is a thread on it BA because the arrival of Defoe has moved the goalposts. The question really being asked...... is there room for both of them to thrive? I'm not so sure. They both carry huge egos and it could affect the squad if it's not handled right.

13 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Really annoyed me at the penalties yesterday. Put added pressure on tav. Its a team game we have no chance if we aren't pulling in the same direction.

I felt the same, when Tav scored the 2nd of the penalties Morelos was terrible. He was the only player who never celebrated and I thought it was very selfish indeed.

Sure he is our main man but it's a team game. I actually felt Tav shouldn't have been taking all the penalties , I feel the same regardless who the penalty taker is because taking more than 2 increases your chances to miss........regardless I don't think Alfredo helped the team with his petulance and that will eventually be the reason Stevie G will let him leave imo.

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't remember McCoist being involved at all that day

McCoist had the ball in his hand to take the penalty as he believed it would be his last goal at Ibrox for Rangers, Gazza pleaded with him for the ball and McCoist gave him it

5 hours ago, Camshy said:

I felt the same, when Tav scored the 2nd of the penalties Morelos was terrible. He was the only player who never celebrated and I thought it was very selfish indeed.

Sure he is our main man but it's a team game. I actually felt Tav shouldn't have been taking all the penalties , I feel the same regardless who the penalty taker is because taking more than 2 increases your chances to miss........regardless I don't think Alfredo helped the team with his petulance and that will eventually be the reason Stevie G will let him leave imo.

Not if the guy taking them continually scores them. 

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't remember McCoist being involved at all that day

I just mind him.being on the pitch during the celebrations gave tripping him. I can't mind though if it was 7 or 8 }¡ a row. Memory is saying 8 but I'm not 100% sure if it Was 8 :lol:

there was defo a league win though were he had a face like thunder 

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If that's the criteria, I should be playing for barca and be earning millions, I make Alfredo look like a happy chsppy

Na, what lies behind that grumpiness is what drives him. It would take away from him and his game. Be like sullying him.

I still don't get why it's such a problem. He growled because he didn't get to take a penalty. Not much wrong with that, only it was against Tav who is a bit of a nice guy and the captain of course. You wouldn't want  to see him growled at too much, but it's a one off. Tav won't give it a second thought. They both move on.

As I've alluded to before, Tav along with every other player including Alfredo, will see the standing of Defoe above that of every other player, so he gave him the ball without even thinking about it. Alfredo may have been second in line and would have a beef. Storm in a tea cup

The years will mellow him naturally. He will always have it but to force it out of his game totally would destroy him.. He just wouldn't be the same guy or player.

9 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Tavernier shouldn't have hit the 3rd one. He missed the 2nd. It should have fallen to Morelos given he's Gerrard's 2nd choice PK taker. If Morelos then scored he should default to main PK taker until he misses. Isn't that the fairest way / the way it works at most teams?

Tavernier pulled rank on the 3rd penalty despite the best efforts of Arfield to get him to give it up. On the 4th one he then gives it to Defoe. In this situation IMO Alfredo is entitled to feel aggrieved. We all know he's an emotional guy, so I've got no issues with his reaction to the whole thing. Would be a different story if he just chucked it and thought he cba playing for the rest of the game but he didn't down tools, for the rest of the game he continued to work his socks off and was desperate for a goal. 

He's our best and most important player. The captain should know and appreciate that. 

Spot on:tu:

Good to see a normal rational post amongst the nonsense in here.

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aye but Les Ferdinand is tenth and Dion Dublin is 20th. He's a striker who has played more games than all but 14 players. I'd expect him to be on that last. No doubting he's a great player but he's not a top-tier talent like a Gerrard, Lampard, Henry, Shearer etc imo.

Ian Wright was probably one of the most prolific scorers in EPL history too.  By the time guys like him and Dublin get up here they’re finished.  Let’s not kid ourselves, Defoe’s best years are behind him and that’s why he’s in Scotland.  We can only hope there’s enough left in the tank that we can get a bit of quality out of him before he hangs up his boots.