Petulant morelos

MacBoyd

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

Really annoyed me at the penalties yesterday. Put added pressure on tav. Its a team game we have no chance if we aren't pulling in the same direction.

Aye your right I'd drop him from the team for the rest of the season, definitely not a team player  

37 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

When it comes to taking penalties, he's next in line after Tav, so he has a fair point and should be pissed off that Defoe got to take it ahead of him tbh.

Finally someone with common sense in this thread instead of the usual Mo is a fud taig like response. 

Mo is the next in line to take the Pens if Tav isn’t taking it. The fact Tav over stepped the mark by not handing the ball to Mo is the problem. It would appear from Stevies post match reaction that all 3 will be getting told what the score is from now on and Defoe can get his arse to the back of the que. 

50 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Went away in a huff when Tav took the 3rd pen. The wee shit never celebrated the goal. I saw Arfield talking to him after that.

The next pen he was a bit better and almost got as far as congratulating JD. 

Huffy wee man just thinking of his own goal tally......probably No shock as most strikers have a selfish streak. 

Needs to think about the Team first, then himself next.

Needs to think about the team first are you for real ? The game was nothing more than a training excersise players were fannying about at times and doing things they’d never try in a more intense game eg Greegs chipping the boy and trying to get on the other end of it to take the ball over the half way line 

It's a situation that shouldn't have arisen.

Tav is the penalty taker, and until such time as the manager says differently, or he doesn't feel confident enough to step up, then the others just need to deal with it.

Not sure what the hell was going through some of their minds yesterday, as it's not something I have seen happen to that extent since Tav became our designated penalty taker. 

Penalties - The agreed plan according to the Manager:

Tav

Morelos

Defoe.

I think it was Tav who created the problem by skipping Morelos and giving the opportunity to Defoe.

Might all be in the Office in the morning, if they have undermined the Gaffer!

Was it him who grabbed the ball for Tav’s missed pen?

All strikers want to score and take the pens, even more so if they’re the ones who’s created it in situations where they’ve been tripped in the box.

If the penalty takers decided before the game, then that’s the fkn strategy unless he bottles it and then it’s next in line, it’s that fkn simple.

What happens if it’s an injury time pen to keep you in a cup final and some cunt knocks you off your game/concentration by grabbing the ball and you fuck it up!

A definitive no for me but can understand why strikers or players do it.

I think it was good for the team that Tav gave it to JD but this needs to be a one off and only because it was his debut at Ibrox.

As for AM, crazy again for his booking albeit I think the ref overreacted.

Gerrard himself used to be unable to join celebrations if he didn't meet his own standards, it would eat away at him and he'd then pour that into his next training session and match. If he wasn't the best in training he'd go home angry. It was part of his drive and mentality as a winner.

So this is not the same as Morelos kicking out at players, I think it is part of his desire to be top scorer and hopefully Gerrard is pushing him to use it as motivation. 

When your teams at home to the bottom of the league, you're pumping them and doing everything but scoring you're going to be raging. I'm glad he wasn't happy about not scoring, he has high standards. And he was rightfully angry about not getting the penalty, Tav shouldn't have gave it to anyone but if he was going to it should've been Alfie as 2nd in line.

Anyone also see Defoe begging for the second and third   - missed that did you?

Tav’s the designated penalty taker he should have taken them all. 

Morelos wants to score in every game and he plays with his heart on his sleeve. I’d moan like fuck too being so many opportunities to score