Morelos - cup replay

G.E.C.

Start Morelos for the replay?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Start Morelos for the replay?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, Creampuff said:

No point in making sure Morelos avoids suspension if Rangers don’t make it to the semi-final. 

We play the team most likely to get us through. That includes Morelos.

Rangers will play him and he will be booked at very least . So will it be worth it . Yes if we win and  up until the point the beggars realise, we will be without him in their game .

A massive  boost for them is he isn't there . No one leads the line like Alfredo, for upsetting their defenders .

Some people saying he hasn't played well against the scum. They are forgetting the amount of times , he has had their defence all over the place and creating loads of chances .

I can think of at least 3/4 OF games where he has terrorised them with an absolute abomination of a team behind him

He needs to take his chance now  in games coming up  but taking that into my thoughts . I would not risk him against sheep .

If we are sorely reliant on one forward player against the sheep  , then that should not be good enough for this club IMO

This is a very difficult decision IMO, I cannot see Mo getting through a cup tie against the :aberdeen: without getting booked, he is a marked man and most referees seem to think it is their duty to at least book him every match.

The problem with not playing him is that I am not sure we will beat them without him, I know he was not great on Sunday but he is always a threat to any team.

I think I am 51% to 49% in favour of playing him. :thinking:

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

This is a very difficult decision IMO, I cannot see Mo getting through a cup tie against the :aberdeen: without getting booked, he is a marked man and most referees seem to think it is their duty to at least book him every match.

The problem with not playing him is that I am not sure we will beat them without him, I know he was not great on Sunday but he is always a threat to any team.

I think I am 51% to 49% in favour of playing him. :thinking:

I'm 50.1% to 49.9% in favour of playing him !!!  Agree mate it's a tough decision. I think we have to play him and play our best team.

8 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I'm 50.1% to 49.9% in favour of playing him !!!  Agree mate it's a tough decision. I think we have to play him and play our best team.

It is just how he is refereed that is the worry, but I agree we need to get the result in this game or then it will not matter.

Look at Ramos with Real tonight. Intentional yellow on the 89th minute in Amsterdam to make sure he wasn't suspended for the last 16... then Ajax knock them out in the second leg.

No team can or should be looking past their next game.

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

As the late cumnockbear once said, “For fuck sake it’s fuckinh Aberdeen no fucking Barcelona ya pricks”

On the Bench, Lafferty to score 2 and we have a semi against the fenians.

An Aberdeen we've only beaten once in five attempts this season. 

Morelos was essential to that win and our overall play. For me he has to start. 

17 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I wouldn’t personally. He will get booked no doubt about it, so he should be managed. We have a squad for a reason and think defoe or Lafferty would relish the opportunity too. 

For me its about looking at the different levels of likelihood / risk:

Morelos to get booked: very high

Us to beat sheep at home missing their top scorer with Morelos:  high

Us to beat sheep at home missing their top scorer without Morelos: med/high

Us to beat scum without Morelos: low

The biggest likelihood for me is he would get booked. I expect us to through with or without him playing (start on bench). I see the biggest risk to a result being that against the scum without him, which is probable if he plays against the sheep.

I really do get the play the strongest team argument, but given we now know the opposition in the semi, I feel risk against rewards means he shouldn't start against the sheep, and I'm confident we'll still have enough plus him if absolutely necessary.

Time to rely on the squad.

I don’t think we can beat the filth without him in the side. With him I’m confident we can. 

I’d rather not be at Hampden witnessing us getting our baws felt by the filth again while we launch long balls up to Defoe. 

Sad as it is, I’d rather go out to the sheep now than go into the semis without Morelos. 

If we can’t protect him and start with Lafferty or Defoe against the sheep, then why are they even on our wage bill. 

48 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

In fairness we’ve only had one of the five at home, had our best player unjustly sent off twice with significant time to go in the game, and sent off again albeit being the correct decision, and gone into the last semi without a striker. 

Their win at Ibrox was just a bad night which happens sometimes. 

There’s not much to fear from them IMO.

16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

In fairness we’ve only had one of the five at home, had our best player unjustly sent off twice with significant time to go in the game, and sent off again albeit being the correct decision, and gone into the last semi without a striker. 

Their win at Ibrox was just a bad night which happens sometimes. 

There’s not much to fear from them IMO.

Honestly don't think we've been consistent enough to be looking past the sheep. 

It's a tough choice for the manager. I can see him getting slated but if we lose and he didn't start morelos. 

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Ridiculous mate, people wanting to give us the best chance against a team we have beat once in the last 6 matches. Lunatics.

He’s getting booked mate. We can’t beat the filth without him IMO. Only way to avoid it happening is to leave him out.

Have him on the bench and put him on if we’re in a bad way.