Morelos - cup replay

G.E.C.

Start Morelos for the replay?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Start Morelos for the replay?

• Yes
    • No

So it’s been established that if he’s booked next week he’ll miss the semi against the Tarriers. Do we play him or start him on the bench?

We couldn’t create anything against the sheep when we played Sadiq but this time we have Defoe and Lafferty as back up. Also Morelos has been sent off 3 times and booked against them this season. 

Personally I’d play him from the start. Just pray he isn’t booked or sent off.

I think he's a cert to get booked - if he doesn't he won't be involved in game.

Tough one as I don't think we can beat celtic without him but should be able to beat the sheep.

I voted play him but if we can't beat them at home playing Defoe then why did we bring him up here in the first place?

Play him in tue starting 11 and when it look like the game is finish then replace him. If he get a yellow I still think we can still win the semi final with Defoe/Lafferty striker partnership if we get to the semi final.

I'd play him first half and change him if it's not working. Gerrard has to be brighter this game and not let McInnes do him with simple tactic of putting a man on Kent and getting lots of bodies around tav when he had the ball. 

I'm critical of Morelos at times but he has been our most improved player under Gerrard.

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We need to start the sheep game with our strongest 11 if we are to reach the semi final.That includes AM.

It is risky as he is likely to get booked but it's a chance I feel we must take.

👍

Yes he should play .... we should always play our strongest players .... hopefully he does not get carded and comes through unscathed.

:UK:

1 hour ago, Bearsden bear said:

I think he's a cert to get booked - if he doesn't he won't be involved in game.

Tough one as I don't think we can beat celtic without him but should be able to beat the sheep.

I voted play him but if we can't beat them at home playing Defoe then why did we bring him up here in the first place?

No drama, if he is not booked in the game the CO will book him after.

What happens if he plays against the sheep, doesn’t get booked but then gets booked against celtic? Does he miss the final or are disciplinaries scrapped for finals now?

Can’t remember if that’s in effect up her or not. 

Edit: To put in my two cents, I’d play from the start and take off as soon as the score looks good. 

59 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

He plays, no question.

On a side note, are cards wiped after this round? Like if he gets through this but gets booked against the tarriers does he still play the final?

51 minutes ago, 5Beckenbauer said:

What happens if he plays against the sheep, doesn’t get booked but then gets booked against celtic? Does he miss the final or are disciplinaries scrapped for finals now?

Can’t remember if that’s in effect up her or not. 

Edit: To put in my two cents, I’d play from the start and take off as soon as the score looks good. 

Bookings are reset after the end of the Quarter Finals 👍

It's a no from me. We should have enough to beat Aberdeen at One of without him but I'm not sure if we have enough without him for the semi. Obviously if he starts there is a chance he might not get booked but I would put every penny I own on that if he starts the game he receives a yellow.

There's also the scenario that if he starts and knows he will miss the semi if he gets booked then we see the same ineffective Afredo we seen at the weekend there as a large part of his game is about playing on the edge and roughing up the opposition.