Press Conference: Gerrard and Halliday

BlueKnight87

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

He should be a regular in the team imo mate 

Gerrard sees these players everyday in training.  He’s playing Barisic in front of Halliday.  I know many on here want Halliday to be captain due to his status as a Rangers fan but he’s not a regular in the team.  You can’t give a squad player the armband.  

If Tavernier left in the summer McGregor would probably be the best candidate.

If players have anything about them...... results and performances have, largely, been poor since  the start of the year so all the optimism gained from beating them at Xmas evaporated. The players have repeatedly shown they don’t have something about them, which is what is sadly lacking in the very basics of what a Rangers player is all about. I’m afraid it’s riddled throughout the team Steven.  

There is no point in having a couple of marquee signings either if they’re not good enough, you tried that in January. 

If we have a budget of say 15 million with Morelos being sold it will be interesting to see what the pulling power of Stevie G really is. We have bought at the low end of the market until now. I think with Kamara, Jones, Hastie and Shinnie on frees and Rossiter to return fit we can spend that budget on 3-4 players and we really need them to work out. 

Wallace, Coulibaly, possibly Davis, Dorrans, Wes could go and all are on presumably first team wages. The replacements are proven in this league and presumably on less money. This is a big chance to take a jump in quality in key positions. 

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It's too late for reactions 

It’s not over until it’s over mate. Must win on Saturday. All it takes is one freak result, and we’re right back in it. 

Can’t see it happening, but the players have to react as thought it could if they want to be involved next season. 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That last question........ Gerrards is clearly not a fan of Barisic.......... and " keyboard wizards"-brilliant

My impression is that Barisic will play Saturday and Gerard wants to see some fire in him. He clearly has ability but needs to be more forceful and show some leadership.

2 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

My impression is that Barisic will play Saturday and Gerard wants to see some fire in him. He clearly has ability but needs to be more forceful and show some leadership.

It would be strange, though not the only time, that a player brought in to the presser didn't play. Halliday being there suggests he's going to play.

I actually thought SG didn't challenge Boyds assertions towards Barisic, nor did he defend him. 

To me it seems Gerrard is rightly running out of patience with him and I think he could drop out on Saturday.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It would be strange, though not the only time, that a player brought in to the presser didn't play. Halliday being there suggests he's going to play.

I actually thought SG didn't challenge Boyds assertions towards Barisic, nor did he defend him. 

To me it seems Gerrard is rightly running out of patience with him and I think he could drop out on Saturday.

I think much the same as you but reckon he will play him and let him try to show something. His quality is evident. I also think Halliday could play in midfield if Jack and Arfield are both out. Davis can't do 90 mins and hasn't earned his place in a battle against Killie. 

McGregor

Tav Goldson Worrall Barisic

Kamara McCrorie Halliday

Morelos Defoe Kent

9 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

My impression was he didn't defend him he left it up to Borna to defend himself if he wanted to comment on Boyd's comments. And the fact Halliday did the PC should mean he plays ( maybe midfield ). Btw, a present player should not be a pundit ( Boyd )

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don't understand how you've came to that conclusion

His use of the ball better links up play better, goes by a man rather than showboating and hitting the final ball against a player, Brighter footballer. 

Barasic would do better with a player in front of him that reads the game.